Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 53 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Manufacture Powder - yes, thats my interpretation. Probably more like a magnesium flare or a firecracker than weapon-grade gunpowder per se.

As to the general questions:

1. Yes. Most of that stuff would be 'domestic utensils, pots, rags, alcohol, and so forth.

2. As for time. Not a lot. I can see a switch to combat in the next pass of posts, depending on what people do. One option could see the front door being slammed in the gent + musketeers face, so there might not be combat at all...

I am going to say Shodan could possibly assemble something - 1 roll (not extended) using Wits + Science with a - 3 Penalty to reflect time and material constraints.

3. And yes. That will work. -1 penalty to Strength + Athletics roll when you throw the objects (reflecting the constricting nature of the boarded up window).

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

i need help orienting myself in the (Time Peace) Old London plot.

I originally thought Kaze was sticking by Kasterborous, so went inside to the Clock house when Kasterborous did.

I didn't say that clearly cause I had also said Kaze was on watch, so I rolled with it when I saw the scene with Kaze outside when the bad guys showed up, and THEN posted that he went inside.

Winter told him to message the others in the other building, so I posted that he did that, and Sand replied to that.

Then I saw that Kaze didn't get inside yet, because the bad guys got to act (which is cool, sorry for assuming they didn't), and saw Winter waiting for Kaze to come inside. So I posted that Kaze went inside again.

Now I don't know if Kaze transmitted anything to the others in the other building or not, but I just saw a post with Shodan actually talking to Kaze. I am not sure if that would be by radio, possibly in reply to Kaze's message, or if Shodan and Kaze are now in the same building somehow, and if so which building that would be? Sorry, my visualizing of the scene is getting all staticky.

W
    Woland

As for Shodan, him talking to Kaze is on the magic radio. He didn't roll for it because his Attainment simulates the spell Transmission. Sorry for being unclear.

Shodan is still in the House of Death with Sand an Mercy the girl.

As for the rest of your question, I think only Crow is in position to answer.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Okay, thanks; that helps me quite a bit! The rest isn't too big an issue for me as long as I know where Kaze is in time and space.

As for Shodan, him talking to Kaze is on the magic radio. He didn't roll for it because his Attainment simulates the spell Transmission. Sorry for being unclear.

Shodan is still in the House of Death with Sand an Mercy the girl.

As for the rest of your question, I think only Crow is in position to answer.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I have been working on the assumption that Kaze is still outside The House of Life.

Winter and Kasterborous have gone inside and that left Kaze out in the market, in front of the open door to that house. The crossbow guy is hovering by the door, inside the house.

The Three Musketeers and the Restoration Gent (or Gang of Four) if you prefer, are appearing to the left of Kaze from a side street that merges with the market.

Shodan was contacted through his attainment as Kaze still has the internal radio running (or so I understand it). The House of Death is opposite the House of Life, at the other end of the market.

ADDENDUM: This post is a bit pointless now that I've read the thread and things have already moved on. Lol.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Yumyumcrow

I had a question for the disc thread. Did you want me to wait for the initial persuasion tie we rolled to be resolved or should I go ahead and respond to Winter's casts and we can go from there?
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I'll post a response first.

Its been a good read but I'll have to end it before it derails the plot XD

In this case Supernal magic will trump mundane persuasion.

No matter what, I have noticed

W
    Woland

So... it looks like we got out of Time War alive and well... for now. Makes you re-think your position in the grand scheme of things (like who's gonna be the executor of your will if you get erased from time). So - cabal, anyone?

Abacus Hiver Cosmo Xander Kasterborous JonReeves Langdon Kelreth Winter Vincent (yes, I'm tagging Winter as well, even if he feels only contempt for my character Shodan certainly has little problem beeing a cabalmate of his, if that's what interests you, Vincent). Also, I note that with Shodan that's 6 solitaires, meaning if everyone of those mentioned wants to be in a group, we can split into threes. Or not. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

My line of thinking is to make a counterweight to the 'cabal of leaders' (Nidhogg's Bane) and 'cabal of soldiers' (Aegis) by creating a group of... scholars? People that concern themselves with acquiring knowledge for the benefit of the Consilium? And also challenge people's opinions so that they can be sure they looked at an issue from all the angles? Working name: Thoughtcrime/Second Opinion (I literally came up with them right this second, anyone is welcome to downvote them).

Anyway, even if you don't see the above theme fit for your character, but you want a group - we can work it out! Nothing is set in stone (obviously) at this point.

Bearing all that in mind, would there be interest?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I like Cabals!

I also like solitaries.

If you wish to form Cabals, more power to you. I don't mind if you sort things out in-character or OOC. There is good and bad points to either method. So whatever works for you.

Go for it

12. Likes Ruach, Xander liked this post

Puck Scenes

I'm open to cabals, both current and new depending on what people are looking for. Personally, I'd strongly prefer an OOC discussion before hand to see what types of interactions we as players are interested in having. It's true hashing specifics out IC can be fun, but I'd rather be on the same page to know that we as players are having fun and getting what we want out of a cabal and it's interactions.

So with that in mind, I'm looking for more social interaction with Cosmo. Ideological debate and more in depth personal interactions are higher on my priority list. I don't want to crap on people who want to plot and Do Things, but after six and a half years following the site off and on you realize a majority of what you do is interact with each other in a social setting rather then a plot based one where goals like 'fight the thing' or 'learn the thing' are usually limited to. I'm down to support a group of whatevers if they want a social character, but I wouldn't have as much to offer on that front personally.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 53 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread