Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 29 of 53 First ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... Last
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Hello, I know there isn't a Mage ST but I wanted to know something.

I noticed 2 of my starting rotes are not available in the Wiki.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Zeal - Zeal doesn't have the version using Resolve. Seers of the Throne Book page 193.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Evil_Eye - Evil Eye doesn't have the version using Wits. Core Book page 152.

I also noticed http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Provoke_Wrath - Provoke Wrath is a 2 dot spell in the wiki whereas in the Seers of the Throne Book is a level 3.

Is it intentional or are we supposed to edit the wiki if we find something is missing or incorrect unless explicitly stating it's an house rule?

Let me know and I can try and edit the entries accordingly.

Thanks
    Good question! I know the later source books in general are less used and more likely to be house ruled out of play, whether or not it is explicitly stated in the wiki. The task of adding stuff to the wiki was vast and severely understaffed, and I believe a lot of stuff was just not added rather than added and then labeled as not allowed in play.

My suggestion is to ask in the Rules channel of the Discord for potentially a quicker, authoritative response

Puck Scenes

Would it be possible to get an administrator's input on the current concilium thread?

First off, I was wondering what to do about the rituals cast at the beginning of the thread. After six and a half hours of casting Puck and Anima should be completely out of concilium but have both posted dialogue and been responded to before I realized we were out of line. Should we strike the rituals and retally the roles or write/be written out of the scene altogether? I know I should have asked earlier, but I've been mostly afk for days and forgot to ask in chat on Friday because I was rushing to work.

Second, if we are allowed to stay in the scene I wanted to talk about bonuses and penalties for Puck and Anima's social rolls. For starters, Puck e-suxxed an intimidation roll that Anima failed to resist even without the ritual. Also, what Anima says in the most recent post is demonstrably false. The claim is that Puck was interrupting Anima's discussion and continued haranguing him after that by calling it perverted. In the original thread Puck makes an one comment in response to a question posed in the main thread of a public event and then breaks off to chat with Winter without talking to Anima or the others directly for the rest of the thread. Three of the people who witnessed this discrepancy are in the room in the current concilium. In addition, Anima went from 'I'm sorry and I'll treat Councilor Puck with respect' in his entrance post to 'Puck isn't a real councilor and doesn't deserve respect' in his second post. Anima's second post also argues that Puck hasn't earned respect, which isn't a universally accepted defense against Emeritus as it specifically states it can extend to concilium officials in most concilia. I feel like just the intimidate check would be worth a second look, but that's a lot together to digest under an unmodified persuasion check and I wanted to request a second opinion if possible.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Second, if we are allowed to stay in the scene I wanted to talk about bonuses and penalties for Puck and Anima's social rolls. For starters, Puck e-suxxed an intimidation roll that Anima failed to resist even without the ritual.
    -What do you think should have happened?

Also, what Anima says in the most recent post is demonstrably false. The claim is that Puck was interrupting Anima's discussion and continued haranguing him after that by calling it perverted.
    -Is this relevant? Is Anima not allowed to misremember incidents? Are you saying that he should roll a lie check?

In the original thread Puck makes an one comment in response to a question posed in the main thread of a public event and then breaks off to chat with Winter without talking to Anima or the others directly for the rest of the thread. Three of the people who witnessed this discrepancy are in the room in the current concilium.
    -This should be brought up during an in character investigation after the initial chargers are brought no?

In addition, Anima went from 'I'm sorry and I'll treat Councilor Puck with respect' in his entrance post to 'Puck isn't a real councilor and doesn't deserve respect' in his second post. Anima's second post also argues that Puck hasn't earned respect, which isn't a universally accepted defense against Emeritus as it specifically states it can extend to concilium officials in most concilia.
    -Perhaps he changed his mind based on Pucks current attitude?

I feel like just the intimidate check would be worth a second look, but that's a lot together to digest under an unmodified persuasion check and I wanted to request a second opinion if possible.
    -I don't have an opinion on this. I suppose Anima should have acted more afraid. I am not a fan of forcing players although I understand it is a part of the PVP element.

Just a question though?? How much does Puck know about Concilium law? For instance is he aware that as a councilor, if he is to bring charges against a member he must assign a provost to sit in his stead regarding the matter? If he does know this would he be out of bounds in passing immediate judgment and moving to sentencing?

I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

4. Likes Ruach, Mark, Aeolus liked this post

1) the roll is contested. The e-sux is reduced to a single success by Anima’s resistance. He moves away from Puck and avoids engaging with him further.

2) you established the rules for this exchange, confirmed them here in ooc, and fired off the first shot with the intimidation skill + 4 established by your ritual.

can’t have it both ways. This is a friendly game, I’m playing by the rules that you as the longer time player here set. I respect your experience and knowledge. I love the concept of Mage but haven’t had much opportunity to immerse in and understand it well. I love playing in this sandbox, but I won’t be bullied in or out of character.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Correction to 1) you’re right I was thinking ablative resistance which is dot subtracting not dice. That is an e-sux intimidation and Anima flees from you much, much faster.

And with that in mind I’d penalize the persuasion check by 1-3 dice if I were storytelling. Either the difference of the rolls or the inverse of spending willpower.

Puck Scenes

Sanityawol -Puck knows Enough, and I'm leaving it at that. It's nothing personal against you, but I've been called names several times over the past week and I'm pretty much over answering to the peanut gallery. Please don't take it personally or as an indication of my perception of you, I'm just pissed the fuck off.

Mark - You will never call me a bully again.

Don't forget the first interaction we had was when your mage grabbed mine because you admitted you didn't know what sympathy was. We gave you a second chance, and you went on to make pervy comments at another concilium that made several of us uncomfortable. Both times I, like I'm sure others did as well, bent over backwards to try and make excuses for your characters behavior so you could learn and grow and have fun with us.

Since then at different points you've had your Libertine declare himself the voice of the Free Council without a vote for emissary, suggest a council of masters instead of a council of paths, and declare his sense of superiority before the entire concilium. All betraying the fact you still have a deep and consistent deficit in your understanding of the mage venue and how the near fanatic egalitarianism of the Free Council goes against it. Until now, I've ignored it. Again, so you could have fun and play with us.

Now you have the nerve to accuse me of bullying for asking about mechanics West mentioned in chat? I know I haven't put you through anything you haven't chosen to put someone else through. After all the second chances we gave you, you chose to go down harder then any of us came down on you. Now you're in a position where someone else who made 'setting police' a central part of their concept is coming after you not even as hard as you went after Typhuzu and you're name calling me in chat and the forums? Really?

@Everyone else- For reference I rolled the intimidate check on 5/13. West first raised the concern that we should have been out of sync in the time line (and mentioned the idea of pool modifiers) later that night in the scene talk channel of the discord. Deltadream made a comment on 5/16 in the same discord channel and I asked if Puck and Anima should be written out right afterwards. My question never received a response, so when Mark rolled his persuasion with the ritual dice I reposted here in the OOC thread to make sure my question wasn't lost in the chat scroll.

The insinuation that I'm not playing by my own rules hinges on two false claims. Either that I knew the rituals weren't valid when I made my first roll (I didn't), or that I brought up my concern about the rituals here in response to Mark's roll (Technically I did, but I raised the concern before the roll was made). Everything is in public view and time stamped with dates if you doubt me, and before anyone says anything about it I rolled with Superlative Luck because Mark rolled with SupAug and Skill Mastery. Puck won with or without the rituals so it doesn't even matter.

10. Likes , Sanityawol liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

I have no authority in here, but I want to point out nobody should be name calling anyone. In chat or in the OOC.
    If you're upset, walk away from the computer for awhile. We're playing happy fun pretend games, not trying to upset people in real life.
    I'll be disappointed if I see any name calling.

12. Likes West, Xander, Sanityawol liked this post

0 Scenes

And remember Magey folks, get your XPRs in by the end of the Month!

14. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post

I know Eulogy's last post may look weird since I have been here for several months. It is just that no one ever told me to change my city status from 0 to 1 so I never did. Although Eulogy has been at a couple Sanctuary meetings, this is the first "formal" concilium he has attended. Basically I was looking for an in character way to change city status to 1 I was kind of in limbo.
    I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

16. Likes Xadun, BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
Page 29 of 53 First ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread