Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 33 of 53 First ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... Last

0 Scenes

It is a choice!

If you want to have your Monthly Rits Auto-Renew then you need to have the dice pool to do it. But if you want Monthly Rits and don't have the dice pool, then you can roll for it, which is of course limited by your Gnosis.

2. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post

It is a choice!

If you want to have your Monthly Rits Auto-Renew then you need to have the dice pool to do it. But if you want Monthly Rits and don't have the dice pool, then you can roll for it, which is of course limited by your Gnosis.
    Thanks or the clarification! I was eager to get into having the monthly spells, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't cheesing the system by making multiple rolls. That 15-pool is going to take some investment

4. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post

Hello everyone!

I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying running those PRPs that are going on at the moment and I would like to run some more plots in the future (granted you're having fun as well).

Now, two things that complicate things a bit:

1. Mage is a very complex and open system. There are many ways to manipulate your dice pools, from improvised factors to tools, high speech or fringe penalties from the spell description. I fully admit that I'm not 200% into all the rules to know what you were going for all the time.

Therefore I would ask you to kindly include what your penalties and/or boni in your rolls are for.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but I want to react as precisely and useful as possible to what you are going for (plus, I know I'm prone to mistakes and would to have the opportunity to double and triple check).

2. As a normal player I don't have access to sheets and your stats. If everyone is okay with it, could you include the numbers in your roll description too? I don't think I can force you to (some people might want to keep that a secret, some people fear the danger of meta-gaming) so that is more of a gentle question. I don't want to police you, it just makes things easier sometimes?

Lastly, I want to encourage everyone to feel free to ask questions via PM, discord or an OOC thread. I try to be as descriptive and consistent as possible in everything but misunderstandings happen and sometimes there are grey areas or things you want to know before attempting anything. I see those things as a helpful learning experience for me (and possible for those asking the questions too), so I really don't mind talking game (even if it might take me a bit to answer with different time zones and whatnot)!
    Also, always feel free to give me feedback and criticism of any kind. I want everyone to have fun and I want to get better at this. Plus, I don't hold grudges or thing of myself as infallible, so it's a win-win situation to not let resentment fester.

This might sound like much ado about nothing, but I wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks for bearing with me.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Xander, Ruach, Xadun liked this post

QuoteQuote:
    1 success

Detect Substance, advanced area. Corn starts from "gold" (would move to other metals if needed) and can detect it at 16 yards radius while he concentrates.
    I think that catches your jewelry, if any, ladies.
    QuoteQuote:
    2 successes
    Just a few examples of what I mean - the roll states what kind of factors were adjusted, and the cherry on top is linking to the spell's wiki page (which is not required but makes everyone's life so much easier).

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Aeolus

I rolled but forgot to include the memory check you asked for in the post. Linked it below, and if it's okay with you I'll just throw it into the next round of posting instead of double posting now. Sorry about that!

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2021-10-07 19:19:19 Puck rolls 7 to Int+Comp+1 (10 Again) 1, 3, 9, 8, 8, 10, 5, 7 4 successes
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

10. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post

Don't worry, thanks for the heads-up!

Fedup , Aeolus , Orianna
    I'd be okay if Corn wants to post out of order in Treasure Hunt if you'd like to relay your findings on the rune. Just want to make sure we got the information out of the way.

13. Likes Ruach, , Aeolus liked this post

Puck Scenes

Aeolus

Sorry for the delay. I just want to confirm before rejoining the main thread where people are. Guru is casting things in the hallway by where Puck would emerge correct? Phoenyx and Kaze have returned to the stage. Is that within sight Puck's sight when he emerges from Malcolm's dressing room Or is Guru the only one he can see?
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

15. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post

Right - Guru is in the hallway (more or less in front of the doors to the dressing rooms), through the door in the main auditorium are Phoenyx and Kaze. Phoenyx wanted to check out the sound booth, so she'd be in direct line of sight from the hallway, the stage is not visible from where Puck would be.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

That time again folks, XPRs are due before the end of the month!

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 33 of 53 First ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread