Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

Daisy never thought she would ever get tired of when she entered the Spring restaurant. The first time the sight had been seen had been within the depths of Winter, and now as Spring ascended...it was truly magnificent.

Though she knew one being who thought otherwise. Her small hedge cat was still glaring daggers at her, as they made their approach. The poor feline's nose was over sensitive to the budding floral fragrance that permeated the Restaurant, and that of course, was discovered during their visit in the Winter. Sly was loath to discoverer how he'd find the Garden during the height of the Season. He'd listen to reason however, and agreed to be brought along when Daisy made her argument.

'The Spring Courtiers didn't know him. They didn't know if he were a threat, and even though they were Spring that didn't mean they didn't have Summer friends.' So here they were walking under the arches, upon the stone path, one with bright smile, and the other alternating between sneezing and glaring razor sharp daggers.

Sly's tail twitched in annoyance as they waited. Daisy knew not if Lynn was here yet, or if she'd set aside a privet room for them to speak, not knowing how veiled her Queen wished this upcoming conversation would be, and if that were so Daisy wouldn't wish the embarrassment if she were brought to a table.

So Daisy waited, admiring the magnificence of the seat of Spring's power.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

"Ah, Daisy," Lynn arrived mere moments after her Archivist; smiling broadly at her and featuring towards one of the side rooms.

"When ever we have a reason to meet, we generally use one of the rooms over here. It's quiet, private and we still get a delicious meal out of it." Leading the way, Lynn ushered them both into a small tea room, comfortably appointed and just big enough for a few diners. Sitting, Lynn waved to Daisy to take a seat if she wished and slung her fiddle down next to her feet.

"So, I take it you've thought some about what sorts of gatherings might be appropriate for what remains of the Season?"

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

]"Ah." Daisy breathed, she was sure that it was something like that, rooms to meet in for Courtiers, or even Freeholders, but Daisy hadn't yet had a moment to figure out where they lay. Daisy follows her Queen and Sly trots behind the fawn, sulking all the way. Choosing a corner to curl into a ball and hide his poor nose.

Daisy sat after her Queen made motion for her to do so. Onyx eyes following the Nightsinger's fiddle as it was laid to rest at her feet. "I would love to hear you play sometime."

Lynn asks her question, and Daisy nods. "Ah, yes I have. I originally thought to ask of your Homecoming, and perhaps another celebration for the others of Spring, but as the Spring moves ever onward to Summer...and with your own suggestion of celebrating all of our Homecomings...I then thought we might hold the celebration on Beltaine, but as time marches ever onward...maybe our celebration should begin in mid-May." It was a ruefull thought. With all of her time being directed this way and that, she might have missed a perfectly good opportunity for some revelry.

"Sadly I have yet to secure a separate location for the events that roam within the confines of my mind. I would not like to see the Rose Garden close down overlong, just for Verdant celebrations..." Daisy says with a bright smile. "Though perhaps another private party for our Homecomings here wouldn't be amiss."

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn smiled down at the fiddle at her feet as Daisy mentioned it, then nodded at her words. "I wouldn't worry about closing the Rose Garden for a festival. It's frequently used for private parties and most of the time, the security of holding a revel in a known location out weights any lost revenue." She glanced over as one of the Ensorcelled staff members came in to take their order and asked for a glass of tea and a plate of pastries for the two of them to split. She waited until the staff member had taken Daisy's order as well and then fixed her gaze on the other woman.

"So, if we are to celebrate Homecomings. Do you have any ideas? Something that celebrates the very idea of home, perhaps? Or just a celebration of being free?"

5. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

"As you say." Daisy demures, as she glances up to her Queen under the fan of her lashes, "But I do intend to take my duties very seriously. And I would see not a moment squandered for a chance for joy and celebration. I would not wish to see the Rose Garden closed for all of these times." Daisy smiles as the staff leave with their order, "Which is why I've been looking into locations for our own event space, as I try to play my hand at gaining the connection I need for such a venture."

Daisy hums over the question. "Were it just for your own Homecoming, I would ask after your preference, but this is for all of Spring...we are all attempting to make a home here, but we are all free." A thoughtful look crosses her face. "When was the last time Spring has truly been away from the Freehold's expectations of us? When was the last chance we've been able to be free without consequence or judgement?"

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn tilted her head and regarded her Archivist with interest. "I don't believe that we ever have truly been so, at least the way you mean. Passions burn brightly in our Court and they aren't always well received. But the Emerald Court does hold it's own Hollow in common - it's shrunk a bit in recent times but it's still got some fine buildings and furnishings. Would that work for whatever you've got in mind?"

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

"Yes. I suppose I do." Daisy spoke deliberately, her eyes clouded in thought. "I want a place...for our Homecomings where we are safe." she says, looking up at the Verdant Queen.

"To let go of our poise, and have a chance to make a fools of our selves. Loath am I to do so, but to have that opportunity...For our Homecomings, I think the Spring Hollow would be a fabulous place to gather." the fawn takes a moment to gather her thoughts, "And, the opportunity to see our Hollow, and how to make it better would be a welcome one." she says with a light smile,

"Then perhaps, if we have all our faculties at the end of the evening, I might bring up my idea for another Spring venue. I've spoke with other Freeholders, and for music and relaxation...there is the Blue Note, and it's jazz, and the Forge, and it's..." Daisy pauses, wondering just how to phrase it. "It's loudness. I wish a place like this for Spring, Though I've not many more ideas then a simple wish!" she laughs, "But we'll see what comes."

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn nodded. "Yes, I think that the Hollow might be the best place for a celebration like you're talking about. It would certainly be more private and 'safe' than any other venue available. Although we should probably include the rest of the Freehold, at least for part of it."

She leaned back. "As for the rest…perhaps a club, of some sort? Or perhaps some sort of communal artist's den? We could buy an old building and rehab it - restore what's possible and remodel the rest. Turn the upper floors into studios and the lower floor into a gallery. Not a stuffy gallery, but the kind where you can go to see art that really speaks to you." She tilted her head to the side a bit and smiled. "A place where Passions can bloom." The more she spoke, the more she liked the idea, but she didn't want to make it more than a suggestion. Looking across the table with a raised eyebrows, she waited to see what Daisy would think of it.

10. Likes Pixie Styx liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

Daisy nods, "I wouldn't wish to keep the Freehold from any opportunity to enjoy themselves."

As the Verdant Queen speaks, Daisy closes her eyes, and allows her words to paint an image upon her mind. great vaulted ceilings, dark wooden beams, exposed brick walls. An open, and airy space. A wistful smile grows. "That sounds lovely." she says opening her eyes. "Truly. And with studios, perhaps I could teach, cultivating talent and peoples love of art..." Oh yes, Daisy's original idea had been maybe a bar, a lounge theme, but this. This was something much, much better. "This I could see becoming a reality. Though, it is your idea. I would not wish to take it from you, or profit from it."

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn shook her head a bit. "It was my idea, but I think that it's something all of us could work on, contribute to. It would be a gift from Spring to the Freehold, to Sacramento, even." She tapped her fingers against her lips thoughtfully. "I think I have a couple of ideas for the building itself. And I've got the savings to back the idea, especially if it's run down enough to be cheap but not so bad that it's a money pit. Maybe a foreclosed property…." She waved her hands. "Either way, it's doable if you think the other's would approve of the idea and help out themselves."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread