Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Woo! Ava!" Mhairi cheers raising her bottle beacuse she couldn't clap with both hands occupied. Mowing down on her ever diminishing slice of pizza, made sure the elemental could clap her hand against her bottle or thigh, for the second up. Which turned out to be Daniel. Mhairi cheered for him too, not expecting such a performance from the gravewight.

Evelynn's introduction, of the inventor bearing cupcakes was met with a grin from the elemental. "I'm-ah gonna sooo have on of those! Just as soon as-ah I can't taste cheese!" Mhairi assures her friend, and fellow Telluric. "You-ah can never go wrong with-ah chocolate!" Mhairi nods, "Or-ah vanilla. Or-ah chocolate and vanilla!"

When Morgan steps up to sing, Mhairi offers her fellow Autumn an encouraging smile. She knew exactly how the steepscrambler would be feeling right now. Strange how it was that the two of them, sharing simmilar problems, found the Autumn Court.
    "Me-ah me next!" Mhairi grins, she was having fun, and like Morgan, might as well get this over with.

Bouncing over to select her music, Mhairi him'd and haw'd, finished her drink in one last might swig, as she wondered just what she wanted to sing.

She found Paramore's 'Brick by Boring Brick', she liked the song, but thought, looking around at her fellow lost, that one....it might touch a few nerves. Instead Mhairi searches for someone else she knew well enough to sing along with.

She'd asked Terri about 'Halestorm' before...might as well find one of their songs...though most of what they do has a really Summer feel...but-oh! With a smirk Mhair selected her choice. Cleared her throat and began 'Here's to us'

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-04 23:31:32 Mhairi Ankaa rolls 6 to Singing! (Press 2 + Expression 1 + WP) (WillPower) 1, 8, 5, 1, 5, 7 1 success

It was rougher then she'd intended, but at least her voice didn't fail her. "Now-ah I need more booze and one of-ah Evelynn's cupcakes!"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

(Singing!)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Forgot to note my Willpower last night. I blame sleepy brain.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Alex Rivers

So this isn't just a demolition derby. These people actually have some real talent. No pressure... Alex looks through the available music, at a loss for ideas. Prince has been in the news, but... Too Soon. Especially with someone so untalented doing the "honors." Then he notices a Johnny Cash album. Johnny Cash is cool. And, more importantly, those old country songs tend to be simple in composition. And short. Short is good, so that the hurting will stop sooner. He gulps down the last of his beer...

"Ok, folks. This is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt me..." Without any further ado, Alex begins an aggravated assault on I Walk the Line. And then... it could have gone worse. As the music stops, he releases a mental sigh of relief. At least nobody in the audience appears to be in actual pain... Alex makes a quick bow and heads straight to the refreshment table. After that, he needs another beer...

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-05 17:10:52 Alex Rivers rolls 2 to Something vaguely resembling singing (Presence + Express) (10 Again) 9, 4 1 success

L

As the performances started Rick settled in with a bottle of beer and slice of pizza. And then he watched. No one really sung badly, though with the way Alex reacted after his song you'd have thought that he bombed it. No performances that really blew him away either, he supposed. But all in all pretty decent showings..which probably boded well for whenever things with Fairweather came to a head.

But this wasn't the night to dwell on that.

Instead he gave a sidelong glance to the new management. "So...which Paramore song are you planning to sing?" Because of course it was going to be Paramore. He was fairly sure she'd gone with them every time he'd heard her sing karaoke.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Charles Goldwater
    City Oil Slicker

The performances started soon after Charles arrived. Ava went first and she did her song justice. But then again, her voice literally lit up a room, he felt she would do well on a song regardless of anything else. Next up was Daniel who gave a surprisingly good rendition of a song from The Phantom of the Opera. He'd actually say the Gravewight did better than Ava. Perhaps most surprising for him, though, was Morgan going up there. It certainly quirked his eyebrows and he prepared for the worst. But no matter how she actually spoke, she wasn't a half bad singer. Mhairi and Alex came next and they did ok, nothing spectacular but he wouldn't call it bad.

Now Charles was something of a sucker for competition. For him to not get up there and give it a shot would be a disservice to his Court and his home state. His metabolism made getting drunk enough to sing not an option. So he finished off his pizza and beer before taking the stage himself. "You guys were all pretty good. But Daniel? Let me show you how we handled kareoke down south." Despite his big words, there was a noticeable tinge of self-depreciating irony. After all, he wasn't a singer by any means. But that just mean he had to put more effort into a soulful performance. And if he did terrible? ...Well then he did just as well as he expected to.

The oily Changeling shook his hair out and loaded up a song on the music player. He put a death grip on the mike and pulled it close to his face as if he was going to burst out into some hard rocking stuff. Except instead of some loud metal bursting through the speakers, a soft piano started up. Need You Now wasn't his normal fare but it was somewhat recent, at least it had been before he had been kidnapped, and didn't sound like a rap song with a guitar over it like he felt modern "country" did. Besides, Alex already did Johnny Cash and he didn't wanna look like he was copping him.

Definitely could've gone worse
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-06 03:24:31 sing some silly song rolls 4 to (Presence - Unskilled Expression + Willpower)(No 10 again via Elemental Curse) (WillPower) 10, 2, 7, 10 2 successes

Despite calling out Daniel, it was unlikely anybody would say he showed him up. But surprising even himself, it was par for course for the evening. His time in Arcadia had severely hampered his ability to connect with others, he fared bad enough trying to convince people of... anything. He couldn't push those buttons. He felt trying to express someone ELSE'S experience recorded into the labyrinthine metaphors of poetry to a tune was like making sirloin steak out of hamburger meat. This wasn't an emotion he was well-versed in, Winter was more in tune with this song than Summer. And to top it all off, this was one man performing what could be classified as a duet. But despite all this being levied against him, he managed to crank out something vaguely pleasing to the ears. So suck it, Arcadia.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, that was Charles Goldwater performing the only song in his reportoire worth a damn. I'll be here all night, probably passed out on the couch. Enjoy the rest of the all-star lineup tonight." He left the impromptu stage and returned to his seat, deftly grabbing another pizza from one of the numerous boxes while he was at it.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Evelynn arrived, the brief hush announcing her presence. However, the music waited for no man, so Daniel continued until the notes faded back into the background.

“Hey, Evelynn. Yeah I sing occasionally. Not always well. How about you?" He imagined the shy Wizened wouldn’t be keen on performing but that was why karaoke existed after all; right?

“I heard talk of chocolate,” he added, allowing an out if it was needed. The Gravewight was of the disposition that the more bitter the better, but he’d settle for vanilla frosted.

As the Darkling munched on a cupcake, Morgan took her place center stage. Daniel smiled to see her taking the position with confidence. He was even impressed with her selection of music. It might have made some people uncomfortable but Daniel was just glad to see the Steepscrambler taking on a tune so heavily laden with meaning for the Lost.

When she finished he applauded her just as much as he had Ava.

He surprised when Mhairi got up next. He already thought of her as similar to Morgan but it only solidified that opinion when the shy Elemental took the spotlight, despite her stutter. Even her selection had a little shock to it, but it actually made Daniel smile to hear her swear so emphatically when the chorus demanded. It was something he would have expected more from a Summer courtier but it was good to hear the Lead Mirror. Every court had its place and balance had its place.

Alex’s song couldn’t be more stereotypically Summer though. It was one step away from Ring of Fire. However, Daniel was just glad to see Alex singing. Despite the protest that he’d sound bad, the guy didn’t sound half bad. Despite his sleek looks, the Woodblood hit all the low notes that had made Johnny Cash famous.

“See it wasn’t that bad,” he comforted Alex when his song was over.

Finally there was Charles.

“I’m hearing a lot of big talk,” he goaded the Elemental with a friendly grin. Even if the Blightbent bombed, Daniel was going to clap his heart out. The Darkling had challenged the current Summer Queen knowing he’d losing. He welcomed another heated contest. Yet, even Daniel was startled by how well the Elemental did. Not only because of the curse that inflicted the Seeming but the song that was performed. Much more Sorrow than Rage, Charles sang Lady Antebellum a step away from better than Daniel could on a good day.

As Goldwater finished his performance, Daniel gave a slow clap in recognition.

“Nice,” he said, offer his hand (once again) to the corpse-like Changeling in respect.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

7. Likes liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

Reunited with her pizza, Ava set her beer down to applaud for Daniel both as he took the stage and exited it, having fared much better than last time she heard him. His return to the joke about Cats was met with a crooked grin; she wasn't exactly going to hold him to it.

The swirl of greetings and singing moved around her, content to simply hang on the priphery enjoying her food for a song or two. Clapping at the end of each, the Nix sent a shark's impression of a friendly smile Evelynn's way, but it softened quickly. Where Ramona and Daniel could take her teasing as affection, it wasn't so with everyone: especially people who just felt easy to give a hard time. Plus, they didn't exactly know each other that well. So, on her best behavior, Ava reached for a cupcake.

"Hey, good to see you. These look fantastic." Pleasantries aside, sincere enough but not exactly fodder for conversation, she continued: "Did you end up finding what you were looking for, at Marginalia?" The day Evelynn had come in had turned into a whirl, but a pleasant one.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As they began to get into the swing of the party, opening up the vocal chords, Terri simply moved back to Rick's side, sliding her arm around the Elemental, glad to be in his life once again. She had been nervous as hell about tonight, about getting people comfortable around Edna's again after the turmoil of everything that had transpired. When she was asked a question she answered with either a yes or a no but in truth, the Beast had switched off as the sound of singing filled the boarding house, reminding her of a time when the Empty Orchestra had been the go-to place for everyone to hang. That had changed and the music had stopped for some time.

Rick's voice broke her from her reminiscing. She looked round with a shrug. "I'm not sure yet," Terri replied, perhaps with a touch of melancholy, taking a sip of her drink and turning back to watch the karaoke. "What do you think?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Daniel's approach to where Evelynn was standing with her cupcakes was met with a smile. "Oh, oh no. I don't sing. I really couldn't subject you all to that. It would be too cruel," she joked, grinning. "I think I'll stick to where I know my talents lie. Which hopefully includes cupcakes."

She leaned a little towards him, her grin turning conspiratorial. "I had one before I came over. I just had to make sure they were edible, you understand." And not at all because she had a sweet-tooth or anything like that.

Evelynn collected another cupcake for herself, but it went uneaten, for the first little bit. She was far too busy applauding - once Daniel got off the stage, he was followed quickly by Morgan, and then Mhairi. She clapped extra hard for both of them, because they were braver than she for even getting up there. And they had a much more difficult time with expressing themselves. More applause for Alex followed, though, admittedly, she found it somewhat less surprising that he did well. She had a difficult time believing that an attractive man would have trouble with the spotlight... but then, she also knew she shouldn't make such assumptions.

What surprised her most, though, was Charles, and the friendly ribbing he gave the rest of the group about showing everyone how it was done. She'd thought him dour. Maybe she'd been wrong. First impressions weren't always perfect, after all.

And then Ava came for a cupcake. "Hiya Ava!" She handed the Nix one of the little frosted confections and dipped her head in response to the question. "Oh. Ha. Yes. Erm, I mean, sort of? I wasn't really there for anything in particular. I just like books. And I wanted to come visit, so I suppose in a way I did get exactly what I was looking for!" She grinned pleasantly. "Oh, I haven't gotten a chance to congratulate you on the new title yet! So, um, congrats!"

11. Likes liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan returned Mhairi's grin, and cheered on her fellow verbal ticking Lost when she chose to sing too. Plus the girl had done pretty good. Who says stuttering prevents you from singing?

Hearing all the talk of chocolate, Morgan decided to join in on the desert snarfing. Which was where Mhairi and Daniel were too, neat! "S-s-salutations doods. Heh-heard twas caked-cups available, truth? Ye confections l-look wondrous Evelynn. Thank thee," she smiled at the woman as she took a cupcake. A nod and grin was sent to Daniel as well, glad to see him doing well after his quest. She'd have to ask him about that sometime. But for now, she wanted to chat up her fellow impaired vocalist.

Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a clash of red and blue. Morgan opted to down on the cupcake to not squee as she saw Terri embrace Rick. She couldn't help it. She found them just so adorable together! It was probably a very good thing they were together and thus the Beast didn't have to try to plan to make that so.

After regaining control, Morgan turned to Mhairi, "Hiya! S-s-s-seems kara-okay tis nay-nay-nay heh-hard after-all. I b-b-b-bet our talk-tribulations t'would yield benefits to s-some songs. L-like the bad-to-bone one, heh-heh, right?" Might as well start with a jest. That was good social interaction, right? Nervous, Morgan scratched the side of her head, much like the animal she resembled would, with her free hand. While this freed a couple of small feathers, it also had her elbow bumped her pack, causing her to blink in confusion, "Huh?", a look over her shoulder revealed the obstacle: "T-t-thought I dropped this, heh." She did so, putting the small backpack on the floor in an out of the way spot near her feet. "Heh-heh, sorry Mhairi, forgets the bag, heh. Ssso, uh...heh-heh how art ye f-finding the Freehold? Tis e-e-evertyhing goodie-good, heh? Um, er...Autumn being c-c-cool heh-here?"

13. Likes , Forn Clakes liked this post
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread