Ended
Watch

The Good Scotch is Beckoning

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

July needed to get out for a drink. Sure, he had a stash in his room, or he could get a drink with Varyx if she was home, but sometimes one just needed to go out to drink. It was too unnatural for July to stay coped up inside all the time, even if he had Evan Williams to keep him company.

Today wasn't anything special. No mermaids above the bar tonight, just a local bar with some good liquor. Simple bar with working unemployed men and women enjoying an afternoon drink. Several small tables and booths filled the interior with no place to dance. This wasn't that kind of bar.

One could argue that July had a problem. He was already drinking ever night, but now during the afternoon as well? Soon he'd have to start telling people 'it's five o'clock somewhere' to even get them off his back. It was his liver, and he could do what he wanted with it. Maybe he'd learn some Life to fix himself up one day, if he could ever make the nightmares go away. Tomorrow was always a day away, but today was the drinking hour.

In the bar he sat, at a table by himself. Sure, he was still alone, but at least there were other people around who didn't know or understand his struggle. Who didn't remind him of the world he really lived in. The commotion of the bar would filter in and through him, revitalizing him at least a little, with a little help from his scotch of course.

Shield and Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-01 13:06:37 July rolls 7 to Fate Sight (Fate+Gnos+HS) (10 Again) 9, 1, 9, 1, 6, 2, 3 2 successes
    2016-06-01 13:06:25 July rolls 7 to Fate Shield (Fate+Gnos+HS) (10 Again) 8, 6, 1, 3, 10, 8, 9, 6 4 successes

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The whole morning had been spent practicing and training, and she just needed to get away from it. Maybe she really did want to change her career choice? Whatever it was, a random bar looked good, and Fate soon found herself inside.

As she places an order for some rum, top shelf if they had it, she looks around the bar. Seemed pretty ordinary, just everyday people getting their drink on in the middle of the day. That’s normal, right? Her eyes soon found a familiar face, sitting alone. Well, we’re just gonna have to fix that! Faye leaves her card with the bar tender, grabs her rum, and heads over to July.

Stopping, she smiles,

“Hey stranger! No one should drink alone….want some company?” asks the Enchantress. Her outfit today was pretty mundane for her, a regular black tank top over a pair of jeans. She had on a leather coat and a pair of heels that pushed her over 6 feet.

Miach

PRE

With morale at a nearly all-time low, and Esmeralda home trying to cheer him up uselessly, Miach enjoyed those quiet moments where he was alone with a bottle of cheer-me-up rum. After a long night shift that had extended way past the morning and into the afternoon, the doctor should have gone home to crash into bed, but preferred instead to go and crash into a bar.

His eyes red before he even took a sip, the doctor was unkempt, yawning, and oblivious to his surroundings as he sagged into a corner and started pouring a generous helping of rum into his glass. It was only when he raised it to his lips that he noticed not far from him a couple of familiar faces... Shoot !

At that point, he could hardly ignore them anymore, and he slowly rose to join them, hoping that he would be interrupting something at least. That way, he would annoy them, and they would send all the subtle 'go-away' signals that he would happily and quickly oblige.

"Hey there, how you doing ? Fancy meeting you here and now..." he greeted them with a bare nod as he reached their table. Acanthii... Fate...

M
    Matrixchild

July leaned back in his chair to down his glass of scotch, then he heard the voice of a familiar woman. Everyone looks strange through the bottom of a glass, but this one he recognized by her voice. A soft smile crept onto July's face as he said, "of course," gesturing towards an empty chair. "It's good to see you. You know, I never did formally welcome you back. How have you been?"

Before he could get an answer, another familiar face approached. It was like a big fateful party. "I'm doing fine, how about yourself? Actually," he added, also gesturing to an empty seat, "here, you want to join us? I'm not one to ignore Fate," he said with a friendly smirk. After he spoke he threw up a few fingers to get the bartender's attention, then gestured to his glass as the two of them did an impromptu mime act so July could get more scotch without getting up.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The smile widens as she pulls out the chair, “Thanks!” she never got the chance to get to know him better. Maybe today would be the chance. “Good to see you too! I’ve been doing pretty good, trying to settle back in and all that. How about you?” she asks curious.

Her eyes look to the new voice, the smile appearing once again, “Hey there yourself!” she replied to her fellow Enchanter. Who was looking a little worse for wear. “Guess drinking in the afternoon is more popular then I knew.” She says with a laugh. "So what's everyone been up to?"

Miach

PRE

Sitting beside the other Acanthus with a polite nod of thanks, but leaving them a feet more than usual in case their meeting wasn't only triggered by Fate, Miach was sliding his glass from one hand to the other, mute for a couple of seconds more than comfortable. He didn't want to be a mood-killer, though, and acknowledged July's sentence with a sober "Fate indeed is a fickle mistress, not to be spurned. As for me, I've been doing some soul-searching lately." Pun intended. "And right now isn't afternoon, it's the end of a looong night shift. Been more thirty hours since I woke up, so I'm entitled to my little friend here..." he said, pushing his glass forward with his pinky.

"I hope you two are doing better." But could they, if they were drinking here, and now ?

M
    Matrixchild

"I've been pretty good. Doing the whole cop thing, investigating, the usual," he said with a smirk. He offered a laugh at her comment about day drinking. Laughter to hide the sad fact that drinking during the day was totally a red flag.

As he turned to Miach his look grew serious. "I think every one ends up soul-searching at some point. Then again, only you can decide what you find inside. I've had to do that a little since I got here but hey, a long night's a good excuse to drink up. I know I'm going to be," he said just as the waitress brought him another scotch before taking a big sip. Clearly Miach had been on the wrong side of Fate lately, but he wasn't going to try and drag any sadness out of the man. Alcohol would do that for him anyway.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Well….seemed someone was in a rather sour mood. Wasn’t going to bother her though, and she takes another sip of her rum.

Shrugging, “Never said you weren’t.” she says with an easy going smile, not giving him a hard time. Raising her glass to her fellow Enchanter, “Here’s to a well-deserved drink.”

It wasn’t that she didn’t have her own feelings to deal with, she just wasn’t very vocal about them. Maybe that was a bad thing?

Nodding her head at July’s comment, “I’ve been there too. Cept mine is usually at some ungodly hour of the night and a bottle.” That was her two cents on the matter.

“I haven’t been too bad. Finally got the loft all square away and I’m working on finding a study group. So can’t really complain.”

Miach

PRE

With little desire to linger on his condition, the doctor did what he thought he was best at. He listened to others to try and support them. "To long nights and goof excuses, then." he said with a salute from his drink to the Sentinel and the Thearch.

Thearch who was looking for a 'study group'... Any other time, and it would have picked his interest. As it was though, the Sigilholder of the Steel Phoenix didn't feel like he could properly talk to her about that. His mind wasn't in the right place. "I'm sure you'll find some. Someone like you..." he said with a soft smile, but his words carried little genuine eagerness to provide her with a ticket to SP. If she was even interested, which was doubtful. She was TDS material, by Miach's assessment.

M
    Matrixchild

July nodded along with Faye. "I'm right there with you."

July went to wish Faye good luck on her search, but then Miach responded...strangely. He couldn't help the confusion that spread across his face. "Something pretty drastic must be going on if you're not offering a place in your study group. What's going on?" He wasn't normally the type to dig but he just felt he couldn't help it. Miach just seemed more depressed than usual.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 24

You do not have permission to view the list of names.