Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Making the Bomb

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

“I am unfamiliar with the bunker you speak of. If you do choose it, be aware that even a contained explosion could set up some very destructive shock waves in the air that when done in a confined space reverberate to deadly effect. It’s simply a possibility but I would not recommend being in the same room when the bomb went off. If properly placed, it probably could collapse the roof. Though that would like required placing it on the ceiling.”

“I would recommend using Cotouri from a practical stand point.” Kenneth hid his discomfort. It wasn’t that he minded the idea of placing a bomb in a carcass; it was placing it in one that still had the possibility of becoming conscious.

“It’s more unexpected, more likely that he’ll either examine her closely or want to carry her back with him, and would help prevent the scent of explosives being detected with enhanced senses.” It was a clean, rational, analytical description, devoid of as much emotion as possible.

“From a spiritual position, without knowing her sins explicitly, I could not make an informed pronouncement of judgement.” Not that he really could anyway. Bishop he may be, but Sterling was Reeve. “I’d be inclined towards leniency if what Priscus Roth says is true and that she be sealed up to await judgement at the end of the world. However, Schusten is an active threat and a traitor to the domain.” The implication that what had to be done had best be done, was left unsaid.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

PRE

"I have no doubt that this sounds callous, or cruel, but I'm curious, what sort of existence do you both picture for Coutori? I do agree that she has attempted to attone for her crimes, though at this point I don't believe it to be a matter of guilt so much as it is a matter of necessity. Coutori desires to be queen of her colony, to dwell in isolation and reign over her pitiful patch of land, all while tending to one of the largest gatherings of walking threats to the masquerade that I have ever seen. Letting her go about her business is precisely what transformed her into an issue in the first place, and I do not believe it would be wise to simply trust her word that she would leave town.

"In short,"
    the Reeve explained evenly, "I believe that killing her is simply the safest option. Her colony as well, distasteful as it may be. Nevertheless, this is a grave matter and thus I do not wish to approach it lightly. If you find my words to be too extreme, or too lacking, pray tell me. Your counsel is something I value above almost all others."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad is silent at first. He doesn't want to bring up his Ghoul and how he blames Cotouri for the meddling. Sure, he might've taken part in killing one of her thralls first, but he'd been fed bad information by Cordoba. The Unconquered seemed to have been out to get him ever since the scouting mission, looking for an easy scapegoat maybe for not producing better results. But Konrad isn't just a rung on somebody's ladder.

"Cotouri took part in killing two of my Clan from what I've heard. Roxie Hart and Dog. I may not have known them well but it's something I don't take kindly to either. She also remains Unacknowledged. But squatting in the Barrens isn't exactly poaching. It's a tough call. Her Herd is a risk, but they'll stay out of trouble with their Queen back." Fingers rise and bend signaling air quotes.

"And to be honest I'm not all that thrilled about going on a killing spree when it can be avoided. I think the safest bet is to bring Cotouri out of Torpor and get her to help us. Of course we'd have to work out incentives and restrictions on her Herd size. But we already did some thinning out when we raided her bunker."

He brings a hand up to rub his chin thoughtfully, making a light grating sound from the scruff. "But either way we should prioritize Schusten. We don't have a read on him yet, what he's after and how involved he is with Brady's plans. If you're willing to go along with it, Bishop, and if Regan agrees, we can still try the insertion. At least then we've got a trump card. If we do use the bomb then we can worry about cleaning up Cotouri's feeding stock."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"As I said, I don’t have enough of a picture. This is the first I’ve heard of herd or its threat to the Masquerade.” Though how much he trusted Sterling’s views of what merited a breach when the Ventrue wanted someone dead in the first place made him hesitant to damn one of the Damned on her word alone.

“If the herd is a threat, they should be destroyed.” The Lance preferred the Kine remain alive and be allowed to thrive (as food if nothing else) but it was very clear that mortals could be killed without mercy if need be. Gilroy was bound to that opinion, so long as he was Bishop.

“Coutori,” the High Worm’s voice faltered weakly, but maybe that was just the curse “I cannot condemn her without knowing more or speaking with her. In lieu of that, I would say killing her is a sin, as it deprives the Kindred of a predator.” The squirming Haunt’s eyes met Josephine’s for a moment as he chewed his cheek, drawing blood. “However,” the inevitable ‘but’ “Necessity, safety, and circumstance taken into account, some sins are justified.”

Permission? Passing the buck? Leniency? Gilroy’s words could be taken several ways. Yet as much as Kenneth tried to persuade himself it would be Sterling’s decision, it was his words that would allow such deliberation. Even if he hadn’t constructed the explosive device, his sway would play a part in the queen bee’s demise or survival. And he had already heard one confession of killing a fellow wolf.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

PRE

"You're wrong, Konrad. We know exactly how involved the German is. He is acting as the traitor Brady's Reeve. If there is a more overt declaration of allegiance and involvement in a rebel government than being the chief enforcer of its mandates then I know it not," Josephine countered, a slight frown tugging at the corners of her pristinely dour mouth.

"Furthermore, the Seneschal and I have an eye-witness account of the German being present at the Bunker at the time of its inflagration. Thus he was certainly involved in the deaths of Hart and Dog. He must die. Along with Brady and the murderous daeva Rhayna. So very well. Coutori will be spared for now. Though mark my words, if left to linger then she will become a thorn in the Domain's side."

Those dire words pronounced, the Reeve let her eyes drift over towards the small piece of destruction made manifest that had sprung from Gilroy's mind. Such a strange material: malleable, like clay, though there was nothing that it would build. Only what it would consume.

The frown eased from her features and Josephine looked back to the other Predators sharing the room with her.

"I also wish to make it known that I consider Regan to be an impediment to our plans. However, as I do believe he has sought out the German with Twist and some others we will be forced to consult with them to discover their fate. Now that we have our tool crafted, I believe this should be our next step. Would you agree?"

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Ah," answers Konrad, as Josephine shares the new information with him. Or had he missed it during the briefing? "Fair enough."

"Impediment, eh? Well, maybe they'll end up saving us the trouble of arming this thing," the Savage remarks optimistically. "But yeah, agreed. So, umm, are the three of us square on this?" He gestures at the plastic explosive substance. "No one's expecting any favors? For the good of the Domain and all that? If we're good then I'll be heading out. Let me know if you need anything else, Reeve. Bishop."

He lingers, waiting to hear if there's further business to resolve.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Almost all this was new information and it made Gilroy uncomfortable that so much had occurred without his knowledge. And while he was relieved to see Josephine restrain her blood-thirst, there was another part of him that wondered if he wasn’t hamstringing the effort to protect the domain from its enemies. Enemies that were clearly doing more damage than he had initially thoughts. The lack of data and amount of secrets didn’t help make the picture any clearer. While it obviously couldn’t be talked about publicly without risking showing fractures in the Prince’s rule, this threat was prominent and had to be put down. And Josephine had just been convinced to not use the most practical method of ending it.

Her words concerning the Shadow leader made the worm twitch. “Do you have reason to suspect Regan is in league with the traitors?” Kenneth had a hard time believing that of the quite Dragon, but then Gilroy didn’t have that much association on which to base that opinion. The scarecrow was a man of few words after all.

The future plans were some thing he assumed was directed towards Konrad than him but he bobbed his head none-the-less.

“Agreed, and no debts required.” He already had the explosives kit and he wasn’t planning to ask for more.

He waited for Sterling’s concerns of Regan, but it seemed like all this business was coming to close. Thankfully. All he had to do now was wait and watch the news for a story about a bomb exploding somewhere in Sacramento. Hopefully casualties would be low.
    Mask of Tranquility

PRE

"I know that Regan is as adamantly against the traitors as I am. Nevertheless I do not believe that he is suited to these sorts of tasks, and this is what makes him dangerous. Nevertheless, as you say, perhaps his efforts will prove to be useful," Josephine explained, nodding to Konrad.

"And, though I would not wish to formalize a boon, or to express any debt owed, I would once more thank you both for your aid and promise that, if you ever require my assistance, you shall have it."

Not unconditionally. But nonetheless, a fanatic that was willing to work for your cause could be a powerful tool.

"That said, before we depart, would you care to help me package the materials for storage, Bishop Gilroy? I will consult when I decide when and where to place them."

Also good to end. Thanks for the scene

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"My pleasure. Always glad to be of service." Not that he had gotten much out of the brokerage, though the effort with his contacts in the underworld did reveal some interesting information. And probably the most worthwhile is his demonstration of his usefulness in such matters.

Good scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread