DISPLAYED
(Wrinkles) Back to the Future

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"OK. How about a long drive to Faye's new place. If we still need to go over things... we can do so there? Thanks for the offer, Miach," he added with a solid nod of thanks. "The van's this way," he added as he moved off.

Once he reached his vehicle he spent a few moments shifting his gear about to give his friends and associates more room.

"Welcome to Crowley's Magical Mystery Tour bus. Uhm... Where are we going exactly?"

Emrys

PRE

"Actually, I'm pretty wiped and I need to be somewhere." Emrys said, following Crowley to his ride. "You guys go. Crowley can fill you in on everything and you'll get my perspective in the report."

He shrugged, seriously doubting this prophecy was one that would affect them in the near enough future to warrant rushing into this conversation.

"I'll catch you guys later."

Unless stopped Emrys exits the scene.

Miach

PRE

"Hey... if you say so..." Miach replied to Emrys with a puzzled look as the Councilor tagged out. Clearly it surprised him that he'd have anywhere else to be right now, but he wasn't judgemental. He may have tripped a couple of time on his way to the van though as he looked at the Libertine to check for worrisme signs of strain or that he would need medical assistance.

Settling in the van at last, the cold of the steel felt weird to the doctor's touch. Two of them had come back from a time-trip, and after Crowley had ignited the engine, mundane wheels and gas would lead them away from the place where it had happened.

"Noone can hear us now, so perhaps you could start giving us details..." the Curator said to his driver, eager to get all the details. Only then would he be able to wrap his head around today's event.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was weird to her to hear Emrys had somewhere else to be, but that was his choice. Seemed like it would be important to all sit down and talk about what happened. But, hey, whatever.

If they were still going to Faye's, shell provide directions to an industrial part of town. The kind with big warehouses, but that sometime held lofts.

After she settles, "I'm also eager to hear about what happened! Not very often someone gets to jump through something like that!" it sounded exciting to her, but she liked new and different.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley drove off smartly and merged with the traffic, taking a meandering path out of the city before looping back in from another direction.

"Well. OK that snarl or anomaly or whatever it was... Tangle. Lets go with tangle. Well, it was a carefully constructed alert and test, really. Whoever made it wanted that meeting to occur. It was no freak. Someone looped all our streams together to create that effect - and that includes the Entity."

"Entity. Capital E. Remember that part."

"The portal took us back to 1968. Same spot. The epicentre was in the movie theatre. There, we met a construct from ancient times... An Ananke of some type. Yes, it had been dragged there too. We met and it passed on its prophecy. Our test of worthiness was to get back home, as the portals were designed as a one way trip. I constructed a ritual spell to pull the tangle apart, thread by thread (and get everyone back to where they should be). Emrys was a bloody good wingman - no complaints there."

"Thats pretty much it. Ah... The Ananke said it had been bought forward in time. Don't know if that means anything to you, but there you go. I may have said it already, but it bears mentioning again - we were told that this False Father might have the ability to send agents back in time, so they can alter the future with a bit of creative pruning. If you catch my drift."

The last he added as they idled by a particularly sluggish set of lights. He turned to the others with a weighty stare that was only half jocular.

Miach

PRE

Even though you know something is a Lie, it's sometimes hard to fathom how far or deep it goes. What Crowley was saying flew in the face of common sense, or even not so common sense, and swallowing it required a slight leap of faith. It was easier for Awakened, admittedly, and particularily those who walked the Path of Thistle, but still...

"Thank you for the details..." the mystagogue said while watching the scenery change as they moved toward a more industrial part of town. "It helps understand the what. The why though... I can only conjecture."

"Either that False Father was afraid of someone worthy, and may even as we speak be trying to... prune them... or he needs help for something, and is trying to select only a select few skilled people..." for instance, to free a besieged city ?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye's out look out the window, but she didn't see anything, she was processing what Crowley said.

Entity. A word she'd heard before, but usually in the same sentence as a ghost or something else supernatural. Well, supernatural would fit this.

Her face scrunched up as she thought over the words, trying to pull info out and put pieces together.

"Well, if someone or something is able to pull things forward in time....and the ability to send agents back in time, then it goes without saying he's gonna be a bitch to deal with. Not to mention altering the future is some high level shit with some major consequences attached." can you say Paradox?!

"Have to agree with Miach here....why?" she asks. "Is it his destiny he hopes to change....or someone or something elses? Cause to take the risk of altering the future, you have to have something seriously invested in it. Maybe if we can figure that part out, we can better know how to approach it, better prepare for it." she pauses, wondering to where to begin. "Do you think the theater has anything to do with it? If it was the epicenter and where you guys ended up, maybe it has an important connection?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"I got no idea about the theatre. There didn't appear to be anything special about the place - either then or now. If anything, I'd say the portal was placed there because its a spot where Awakened could likely congregate. You know, its a movie theatre - even the Awakened like to go to the movies. Either that or whoever set this whole thing in motion figured we'd be fated to meet at the spot. I mean our kind are known for the whole Fate and Time thing, right?"

He shrugged, lapsed into silence and turned his attention to the road. Stopped by another red light, the Enchanter turned to his companions.

"Hey Miach... You think this False Father could be... um... benign? I got the impression he was another danger to add to our list. Just the way the Ananke spoke of this False Father setting eyes on a city besieged... I dunno, it felt like this guy senses weakness and an opportunity to expand."

He would have spoke further but the lights changed; his grumbles were lost in a flurry of movement as it got the van moving again.

"I'm not sure this prophecy thing refers to the Banisher's either. Sending agents back in time sounds to me like you gotta have infrastructure. An organisation of some kind, you know. Its bigger than one mage... Even a powerful one."

Miach

PRE

They were clueless, and with more questions than answers at this point. At least they had an Entity, a display of powers, a nickname, and a vague prophecy, to start working with.

"We cannot discard the place as being significant at this point. But yes, there may well have been more than Time at work there..." he said, trying to sum up what the thearch and libertine had said.

As for his own opinion... so far, the doctor would call for more exams before passing on a diagnosis. "I don't know if it's benign or not, Crowley. I'm puzzled about the actions. Why would anyone with ill intent try to filter his foes. You do that for potential allies..." or at least agents, if you're the kind to force people into working with you.

"If he's working with Time, perhaps we'll have to look for traces of him in the Past, or the Future. But that would be some heavy-lifting willworking..." unless someone got clever, perhaps ?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She chews her bottom lip, running many different ideas through her head.

"Unless they have seen a Prophecy or foreseen their own death at the hands of someone here. I mean, if someone was born with the destiny to bring down whatever this guy is doing, then why not go back in time and kill them at the source?" wait, now that she says it, it sounds a little too far fetched. "Seems a little out there now that I hear myself say it." she shakes her head. "Or maybe he is trying to rewrite his own history?" she was trying to throw out good ideas.

"That might be a good place to start Miach. Looking in time to see where we can find him. Would be easier if we all worked together on it. My guess would be to start with the future. If he is going back in time, seems like the future would be a good place to start."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread