Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    T

Artemis had begun work, trying his best to efficiently make the hedge a nicer place, if that were even possible. Maybe if he pushed back some of the dangers others could live a little more, have a little less fear perhaps? When Green moved on he nodded silently and looked at the small change they had made with Green's promise of coming back to finish the job in his mind he followed the others, keeping an eye out behind them all for following troubles. "I'll follow where you lead, but I've no desire to get myself lost in here, so I'm happy to stay on the road well trodden." he said to the other giant.

S
    Saeyer

Watching Green and Artemis try to beat back the Hedge, ever so slightly, Ava simply stepped around the reaching thorns. Her little knife wasn't going to be much help for that task, and even if it had been she wasn't wearing the gloves for it: Ava had grabbed enough thorny vines barehanded for a lifetime. Despite the lack of immediate, or at least obvious danger, the Nix kept her eyes on the thicket and the bend in the distance, just in case.

As Green suggested they head off down the road, Ava nodded silently in agreement and fell in at the end of the line. Her gaze landed briefly on Helen, tempted to ask about the contents of her notebook, but it wasn't the time. It had been awhile, since she had seen more of the Hedge than just the inside of her Hollow, and she enjoyed the opportunity to really look. At the thorns, at the sky, at the ground beneath their feet- and, occasionally, the way stretching back behind them. Just being there was a tiny adrenaline hit, though her better graces knew to be treat it carefully. And, as ever, be ready to run or hide.

Perhaps it was a figment of the eye but the brief moment when it seemed the Briars were about to be hacked into, they twitched. Although, it could be the slight chill that had suddenly blown through the trod making them move. The trod was quiet and after the decision was made to continue along it the group could easily keep an eye on the mundane side that was still visible through the overgrown branches in this part of the Hedge; a helpful indication of not getting one's self lost in this peculiar landscape. Approaching the bend, a distant waft of a recently cooked meal catches the senses of the group.

Green

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green was moving, his legs pounding the ground in a slow, irresistible march. He was, of course, following the course of the trod itself, head swivelling now and then to get a better view of his surroundings.

Then he abruptly stops, inhales deeply and raises a hand in a curious gesture that is partly a benediction and partly pointing vaguely in front of him.

"Well thats new." He pivots on his leaden feet. "Say... Anyone been doing any work out here recently? I got the funniest feeling there is a Hollow here. Somewhere. Close, yeah? And new. Like I ain't sensed it before, you know what I mean?"

Glancing in the direction that Green indicates, Ramona's face bears a serious expression as she considers. "I don't know of any work going on since the Summer Hollow," she responds. "Lotta new faces in town though. Maybe somebody made themselves a bolt hole?"

"I haven't heard anyone mention doing work here, but then again I'm new myself." Helen sniffs the air, "Whoever it is, it seems they're about to sit down for a meal." The old lady's head is on a swivel, her obsidian eyes wide, curious, and maybe a bit apprehensive. She looks to Artemis, then to Ava, before focusing on Ramona and Malcolm, the de facto leaders of this expedition. Whatever they decide, she'll follow their lead.

S
    Saeyer

"No one has mentioned a new Hollow to me either," Ava murmured, her voice carrying easily. Not that it was necessary or even expected for courtiers to report their Hollows, but occasionally people liked to talk. Breathing deeply the scents of a hot food, the Nix pursed her lips. That seemed like a good way to get all sorts of unexpected guests, but maybe it was supposed to. "Seems worth checking out; quietly." If someone was building a Hollow so close to the main path of the trod, they'd want to know who, or what, to expect.

T

"Me neither." Artemis rumbled his lack of knowledge to complete the circle. "I've met a number of us who seem to be new to the area, so it wouldn't surprise me if at least one had decided to dig in. I suppose that's why we're out here. Keep an eye on the area. Tell me are there other trods that we should know about in the area?" He asked, looking mainly to Ava. If the changes ahead were trouble he didn't want to distract Ramona or Green at the head of the group.

The smell wafts through the Hedge (definitely a stew being cooked), almost following the trail of the trod so as to meet with the slowed group of changelings. Perhaps its urging them to follow it or simply taking an early morning trek to see what's round the corner, passing by the lost without slowing. A few seconds afterwards it's accompanied by the sound of a person whistling.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green frowns.

"Well. One way to find out," the mountain rumbled. Slowly, Green began to walk down the trod, following the smell and the sound of the whistling.

Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread