Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    T

"Very well. Very well. I'm sure we'll work something out. And to be honest I'm no warrior myself. I can handle myself in a scrap but that's about it. Probably another reason I chose not to pursue the Summer Court, I'd rather see people happy than fighting. But safe is happy and if I can make the freehold safer then. Well, here I am. Oooh!" Seeing the donuts Artemis descended on them and finished one in two bites. He took another to chew while they talked.

"Ava! Good to see you again. I hope you're well." At her mentioning of Helen being a poet, he looked at the small lady with a curious smile. She certainly seemed poetical in some of her sentences so it wouldn't surprise him is she was. But famous enough to be recognised? That was an interesting twist.

"I am here to learn the local area, so unfortunately I have nothing to add, knowledge wise. I will follow where you lead and do as I am told Ramona, have no fear." He said with what he hoped was a reassuring smile.

He looked over the weapons and picked up the bastard sword and the shield one in each hand. "These are impressive. You don't see many of these around that aren't made of cardboard and foam these days. Ha! I must ask. Where did you get them?" He laid them back where they had been resting. "Not really what I'd be comfortable with though. Perhaps I'll take this just in case though." He said picking up the machete and putting it with his bow and duffle bag.

As pleasantries are exchanged, hot beverages drunk, doughnuts partaken, equipment checked and then double-checked, time passes, and anyone in the know understands how delicate a small thing like time can be when patrolling through the Hedge.

Next on the agenda - deciding upon a suitable gate...

Helen forgoes the donuts in favor of coffee, lots of it, heavy on the sugar and cream. The caffeine is much appreciated.

When Ava recognizes her, she seems taken aback for a moment, almost flustered, but then she takes the Nix's hand, warmly clasping it. "Ava, good morning. And yes, I suppose that's me." It still surprises her when this happens, poetry is a small world, smaller even than the society of the Lost it sometimes seems. Nonetheless, she's pleased and she makes no attempt to hide her pleasure. She gives the girl a wink, "We must talk more after we're off duty."

Ramona's preparation and apparent sense of duty impresses Helen, who now listens to the Ogress intently and, when Artemis finishes his reply, adds: "I second Artemis, on all counts." After all, she is here to learn, to watch and to listen. She doesn't add that, at least in part, this watching and listening has to do with the continued practice of her art. As always, Helen's true secret is poetry. "And, as far as Contracts go, I do have some facility with the work of Animation, which may prove useful if we need the cooperation or information of things along the way."

At Ramona's invitation, and while the others continue discussing logistics (which she attends, though she has little to add), Helen examines the weapons on display carefully. Finally, she hefts the bowie knife and, without fanfare, unzips her bag to add it to her own supplies. She's unsure what she might do with the blade, but it never hurt to be ready for anything.

4. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Green is someone to pay attention to about these matters. He has experience in the local Hedge, everybody knows it. He's pretty much the guy you want guiding you. So when he speaks, Ramona listens, eyes intent over the steam wafting up from her coffee mug. Fleshmarket done to death, is a mental note. She archs a brow at the mention of somewhere dangerous, and shrugs in response. "It's your intel, Green. If this isn't the right group, it's not the right group. Your call." She eyes him for a moment, then sips her coffee and speaks again. "We can always put a pin in it, and you and me get a group together for it later," she suggests. "For now, I was thinking the park. Everybody has access to it, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on it." She'd also been meaning to check behind the Summer Hollow's door into the Hedge, but that can wait. Might be best to do it with her new crop of Summers anyway. She glances around at the group, "Any differing opinions?" She asks, offering the floor. Glancing especially to Green, in case he wanted to go after the dangerous option after all.

She watches Helen and Artemis, noting the weapons they select and the former's stated Contract proficiency. Artemis looks like he could about take on the world with the sword and shield in hand. Still, she's relieved when he sets them aside. In her head, those are here main weapons, aside from her revolver. She'd rather not have to loan them out. "I made them," she answers the giant Elemental. "That's my trade, I'm a blacksmith."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green watches the Ogre Iron Queen. A beat. Is that the hint of a smile chipping away at this lips?

"Pin it, then, yeah? We don't want to tip our hand, do we? Nah. Central Park sounds fine. Its been a while since the 'hold made a show of force, you know. Let it ring out where our turf is and all. What you suggest would help. Yeah."

7. Likes Forn Clakes, InvertedMonkey liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

"Very well, thanks!" Ava responded to Artemis' boisterous greeting. She gave Helen's hand a squeeze, both amused and pleased by the fact that the older woman didn't seem bothered she had brought it up. "Definitely." For the moment, though, she let the subject drop as the conversation around them turned to their destination.

Sipping thoughtfully as she listened, the Nix's eyes flicked between Ramona and Green. "The park trod seems like a good plan to me," she volunteered as Ramona asked for opinions. It didn't break her heart that they weren't going to check out whatever particularly dangerous ground Green had found; trouble would probably find them anyway. It usually did.

"My main contribution will be knowledge, and I should be able to get around without attracting too much attention." A hand flapped the edge of the odd fur cloak and she left it at that. Finishing up her doughnut, Ava dusted off her hands, preparing to go. There was no real point in her taking any of Ramona's well-crafted weapons: the knife Morgan had given her would do well, and it wasn't like she really knew how to use anything else.

Helen finishes her coffee with one last sip and sets her mug down. She looks to each of her companions, both excited and apprehensive, knowing that touch of fear is healthy, knowing she should hold on to it, use it as a check against becoming too over-eager. This is no jaunt in the park after all, even if that's where they'll be crossing over.

"Well, it seems we've decided. Shall we go then--'Across the stacked partitions of the day'--as it were?"

Helen is ready, for better or worse. She waits for those who know to show her the way.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    T

Artemis' eyes widen in happy surprise when Ramona claims the weapons to be her handiwork. "They are splendid. I would love to watch you work someday. If that wouldn't be too intrusive." he said with a hopefully smile. "But for now, it seems you know where you want us to go, so let's be about it then!" Artemis exclaimed. He took the box of donuts and offered the few remaining ones to the assembled Lost before unzipping the duffelbag. "I'll take this with us in case shall I?" He settled the machete next to his quiver and put the box of donuts on top then re-zipped it and shouldered it.

Feeling ready he waited for Helen to offer her his elbow again in case they were going to descend the stairs. "Have you used a knife like that before?" He asked her curiously. "Only I just realised that this might be the perfect time for me to fulfill a pledge if you'll allow me." he said to his new friend.

She shrugs at Artemis. Anyone can come see her work when she's doing demos in the Forge during a live preformance. Probably wouldn't harm much if he wanted to watch her work in the Hollow either. Still, business before pleasure. "Alright, good, so we're set," she says as everyone agrees, and nods. "Let's move out." It takes her a minute to stow or don the gear she has laid out in a manner that will be relatively inconspicuous at a casual glance, at least until they're into the Hedge. Then she heads down the stairs onto the Forge's main floor. "Are we all good for transportation to the park? My truck has room for two more, if someone needs a lift."

I suggest we fast-forward to the trod at this point! I think we're all ready.

Helen takes Artemis' proffered arm, looking up at the giant man. "A little instruction would be much appreciated," she replies to his offer before looking back at Ramona, "And a ride would be as well. Thank you, Ramona."

Ready to fast forward!

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread