Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10
    S
    Saeyer

Glancing to Green and Helen as they expressed interest in hunting the buntfin queen, Ava considered. It wasn't high on her to-do list, to purposefully head toward something so dangerous; she had few illusions about her own fortitude and ability to contribute to physical mayhem. But, she had eyes and a brain that was decently well informed, so perhaps there would be other ways to contribute.

"I'm up for it, if you don't mind the company," Ava offered with a slightly lopsided smile, hands tucked into pockets beneath her dirty fur cape. "And I'm Ava, I don't think I introduced myself before." Green's question about the queen's lair seemed most pertinent, though, so she let the small talk rest once her name was out of the way.

She glances at Ava, reading her face, knowing the Nix's ordered and analytical mind is going over all of this. Still, if Ava says she's up for it... "Looks like you've got yourself a hunting crew, Davey," Ramona says to the boar man, turning back to him with a small smile. "Good neighbors around here are rare enough that when we find one, we don't mind helping out. Besides, we care about what happens in our territory." Her smile dims, "That said, I hope you don't mind if I ask for your pledge that you've no foul intentions for us, betrayal or some such, nor any of ours while you stick around. For our peace of mind. And for yours, we can agree to help your hunt and watch your back, with no evil intent for you from us." Another glance to the Nix, "Ava here is our pledgesmith, I'm sure she can word it right."

When Ava finally introduced herself, a grin spread across Davey's large face, showing plenty of teeth and tusks. If it was possible, he was standing even straighter, almost like he was on parade pass-out and his folks had arrived.

"What, like a Good Neighbours pledge? Ain't no problem with me," he shrugged but he did hold up a finger to indicate he wasn't quite finished. "So long as ya add in something about not screwing me over when it comes to the bounty, then I'm good to share."

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green made a shrug.

"Fair enough by me." The mountain said simply. "Kinda looking forward to this hunt..."

S
    Saeyer

Davey's impressively toothy grin wasn't lost on Ava, though she wasn't entirely sure what warranted it. It was a little intimidating, less for reasons of personal safety than potential social discomfort. Still, so far a smile was a smile, and anything further could be handled as it arose.

A pledge was a good idea, and the nod she sent Ramona was appreciative; both for suggesting it, and sending it her way. "Mm, give me a moment." Davey's request was reasonable, and Ava mulled over the words for a moment before she spoke again. A Good Neighbors pact wasn't wholly appropriate, but it could be tailored to their needs. "On the strength of our names, we stand together as allies in the hunt for the buntfin queen. Let none of us conspire against another to do harm or grasp for undue reward, and let the Wyrd leave us weak to each other if we break our word."

If everyone agrees, Ava will spend the Willpower to seal the pledge

Helen smiles, nodding in agreement, "A pledge is just the thing." She hadn't realized that Ava was known for her pledge-craft. Another interesting thing to discuss at some later date. Pledges are words that bind, that work directly with the Wyrd, and Helen is keen on learning the in's and out's of their composition.

The thing in her hands squirms a bit as Ava pronounces their vows, as if it knows that its queen is being discussed. But Helen manages to give the Nix the lion's share of her attention while keeping the buntfin under control. When she's finished speaking, Helen looks around at her companions and Davey, solemn without being grave, "I agree to this pledge."

8. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post

The ogress considers the wording of the pledge a bit. Lacking the Nix's artistry with words, her own pledges tend to be more lengthy and specific. But the Wyrd will likely ensure that it's intention is followed, and she trusts Ava implicitly. After a moment, she nods, "On the strength of my name, I so swear."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"My name. My honour. So I swear." Green shrugged. There was a brief flicker of ecstasy on the Elemental's impassive face as the Wyrd wrapped around him.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Its been a long while. Consider BUMP activated!

Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10
Closed Thread