Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16 VE) Booth of Desires!

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

After shouting her proclamation, Coco slipped under on of the booth's flaps and waited for any and all to approach her...
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

It looks as if Daisy will be the first to approach the booth.

"Coco!" she greats with a smile, leaning in the scent the delightful faint scent of a flowered meadow that swirled up from the women. "I'm glad you're....here. Still." someone might assume that she meant at the party, but Daisy meant within the Verdant Court.

Now might not be the best to speak off such heavy things. Especially not when they had a booth to draw more attention too!

With a smile, Daisy casts her voice out, pitching it to carry. "Step right up! Those of Spring do not know how to aid you, if we know not of your Desires!"

The ogress approaches. Last year she'd been nervous, and it was a less intense thing then. Just a drop box. Nobody knew your desire but you and the Springs who were oathbound to fulfill it. Walking up to a booth to talk about it is even more out in the open. Of course, last year she'd also been freshly returned from overseas, and desperate to make a good impression. Now, good or bad, she'd made her impression. She'd let the Court know who she is. That gives her confidence. Plus... exactly what that the Springs ever done about her Desire last year?

In any case, Ramona's not here for that. She approaches the booth from an angle, not towards the front like she's going to patronize. Instead, with a glance at Daisy, she leans around the side. There's about a million things she could ask of the former Claviger. But... if she's reading things right, Coco wouldn't want to talk about most of them. She's not socializing, she's... working. Now's not the time to gripe about internal Court politics. It seems like Coco would rather focus her energy on other things, on something external and productive. Maybe she should drop a Desire at the booth, for the Wasp's benefit if no one else's.

How are you? Are you ok? Those are the questions she wants to ask. But shouldn't. They're probably not the questions Coco wants to hear right now. Instead, what comes out of Ramona's mouth is, "... So... this gonna be any different from last year?"

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Recently re-sworn and ready to mingle, Terri moves over to Coco's booth, a little nervous but hiding it beneath her usual friendly smile, which came quite easy to the Truefriend. It wasn't simply a demeanor to cover any ulterior motives, it was ingrained in the Beast.

"Hey," she beamed as she reached the booth, the warmth of her being readily apparent. "How's everyone doing?"

"I just have to say, Daisy, you picked the right dress. It looks stunning on you."

Turning towards Ramona, Terri adds, "I was wondering if we could chat about a business opportunity when you're free, Ramona."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

T

Seeing Coco's booth go up and the banner unfurl Artemis was heartened. Coco clearly had a different attitude to himself, perhaps a little more abrasive, but that didn't mean she wasn't a Spring. He reminded himself that everyone had their own desires and their own ways of expressing and fulfilling them and in the spirit of togetherness went to see if he could lend a hand.

"What a marvelous idea." He directed at Coco with a genuine smile.

"Do let me know if there's anything I can do to help." he offered. "Terri my dear, I have to thank you for this suit. I looks absolutely smashing if I do say so myself. I'll definitely be sending any business I can your way."

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco couldn't help but smile at Daisy's approach, the porcelain fawn bringing a spark of honest joy to the Wasp's eyes.

"I am, too," she replied simply, stepping to the side and gesturing elegantly for Daisy to take a place by her side. Certainly, with more voices calling for the Freehold to embrace their Desires, they could not be ignored for long.

And, why, here came proof of that now! The Wasp's grin spread all the wider as Ramona appeared, and her eyes sparkled with impish delight as the General asked her question.

"But of course, dear Ramona! This year we shall not encourage any to hide their Desires, nor shall we let any Desires go unrecognized! For the role of Spring is not just to foster Desire, but rather the power and knowledge that Desire brings you! And though this season will pass just as it must, Desire itself will not, and so my fellow courtiers and I will make sure that your passions are not ignored nor left to lie in the dust as was done last year."

And, those bold words said, Coco turned her attention to the other captivating red head who was attending the event.

"And hello Terri, wonderful to see you in town again. We should do dinner sometime, if it works with your noticeably busy schedule."

And then came the booming voice of her replacement. Butting his gigantic self into her business again. Though, sadly, as this was a public event she would have to soften her reply.

"Artemis. Yes, I will certainly let you know how you can help. Why you don't you begin by mixing with some of the others. Spreading the word as it were."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

7. Likes Origins, Pixie Styx, InvertedMonkey liked this post

Juno was pleased to see Terri at the Boot of Desires. Her pace picked up and her greeting was full of joy with seeing one whom she considered friend once again.

"Oh! Terri! I am so glad to see you again! I missed you at the last Coronation and I feared that you had left the area. Please, how have you been doing?" Juno's tail curled in pleasure with being able to see the Truefriend again.

"Coco, I apologize for being late to our party, but I had this obligation to make beforehand. And it would seem that I have volunteered myself for the taking up of the duties of Sylvan Emissary."

Juno glanced at Terri and smiled in an unspoken acknowledgement of how things once were. I am willing to wager neither one of us saw that level of progress taking place several years ago.

M
    MrDream

Keith approaches the booth, an empty plate balanced on one hand, and his other hooked onto his belt jauntily. He nodded at Art an Ramona, and watched their reactions to check if he was going off into the deep end.

"You running a wishing booth over here? I don't mind confessing to a desire to know how it works."

If this booth was a launching pad for social cooperation and giving, then the once suave and now scrambling elemental planned to hit it with gusto and see what falls out.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn scampered up after Keith, and stepped off to the side. She wasn't entirely certain how this was supposed to work, exactly. And she wasn't certain whether or not she wanted to take part, either. Seemed fun, she supposed, as long as it was all in good fun. Some desires weren't the sort to be announced in the open like this, after all. She was going to approach Artemis, since he was the only one here she hadn't introduced herself to, but he was... loud. Not that he seemed mean or anything. Just that his voice was somewhat intimidating.

So instead, she laughed at Keith's wordplay about his desire to know how it works, and turned her attention to the Springs, eager to hear their response.

Alex Rivers

As Alex approaches the gathering at the booth he nods at Ramona... and at Daisy, Terri and Artemis, the folks from Quicksilver Gate.

"Hey, guys... wow, those clothes you were working on sure worked out well. Very impressive..."

He steps up to the booth and the insect lady manning it.

"So what is the, uh, procedure here?" He pauses, realizing that the proprietor and at least one onlooker are people he's not met before. "Sorry, I'm Alex..."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread