Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
(16 VE) Pledge Swearing

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    T

Artemis beamed as he approached Lynn again the sheer enormity of the occasion elating him. "I Artemis pledge myself to this freehold for a year and a day. I will combat the dangers we have all faced by reminding the freehold of what it is to have joy and passion, I will help other's to discover what it is that makes them shout with desire. If I break this vow, may my name and good intentions be as the foulest stench from the deepest pits of despair."

Artemis pledges a vow to use Empathy to aid the freehold.
    Pledge

Raising the fist with the Antler Ring and clenching it tightly Artemis' face took on a determined look. "For the same year and a day I will protect you as your Claviger with my hands and anything else I may. May my hands fail me, if I fail you in this honour."

Artemis pledges on the Antler Ring to use Brawl to protect Lynn.
    Pledge

Feeling the bonds of the freehold join him through the Wyrd Artemis smiled again at Lynn, gave another quick bow, then made room should anyone else be waiting on him.

Alex Rivers

Alex approaches the new Queen and bows...

"I swear to defend this Freehold against all threats and to keep its secrets safe. I will offer my strength and my wits to help any of this family who are in need, and I will accept the consequences if I fail to live up to my pledge."

He pauses.

"Oh, and congratulations."

-1 WP, +1 Brawl

Morgan Bellanar

(Freehold Oath early swearing)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Morgan's approach was less stellar then Terri's. She still looked like a confused kitten as she waited for Terri to finish speaking. It was time well spent as it let her mind fix itself. Eventually, the confusion gave way to a smile. She started to give her friend a thumbs up, but thought better of it. She instead tried to curtsy like Terri had...the qipao's skirt didn't work so well for it: "Ya-ya-yes Lynn, Imma, oh-uh, Queen Lynn t-t-that tis, Imma joyous an-and heh-happy for ye good fortune, heh."

After a pause she blinked. Then chuckled, "Uh, heh-heh r-right oaths here, heh. Um, early oath it b-be but ultra-cool swearin' to ye Lynn, heh. 'kay." she coughed to clear her throat, "For a year and a day I M-morgan Bellanar offer my-my speed and my t-t-throwing arm to the protection of the F-freehold. I shalt keep our secrets from those that t'would harm us and-and use their secrets to see them harmed. T-t-his I do swear."

-1 WP and the Adroitness Skill is Athletics +1

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

(Spring Seasonal Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

As Mhairi leaves Daniel and their fun spinny dance, Mhairi nibbles her lip waiting for her fellow Autumn to finish her Pledge before she approached to swear her own.

"Uh-Hi. Queen-uh...?" Mhairi didn't her name oh wait. Yes she did, from Artemis' announcement, "Queen Lynn? Queen Mills? Which one would you like better? Oh yeah. Grats!" Mhairi certainly didn't want to offend a newly crowned Monarch during their Coronation!

"I've-ah come to-ah swear my Freehold Pledge. Seasonal one."
    Mhairi begins. She wouldn't swear for a year and a day. She'd leave that for Autumn. "I, Mhairi Ankaa, do-ah so swear to-ah uphold the laws of this Freehold, to defend it as best I can. To-ah keep it secret and safe. For the turn of the season, I promise not to give knowing aid to our enemies, whether the Gentry or their agents. I-I offer my-ah light footsteps and cleaver fingers, to relive our enemies of their treasures, lest they be used upon us. If I fail to-ah uphold my words, let my-ah name and endeavors be cursed."

Spring Seasonal Pledge, Skill: Larceny! -1 WP
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Juno watched the others for a moment as they made their Pledges, then with a slight bow she takes leave of her Queen and walks over to where to Coco was waiting. If one was to look close, the Manticoress was smiling.

Juno joins Coco at the Booth of Desires

L

He waits for a bit later than most have, perhaps. But he did approach he newly crowned Spring Queen before the end of the night. "Congratulations are in order, it seems. I figured that you'd wind up wearing the crown before all was aid and done, glad I was right." He didn't quite show the same formality that some of the others did. Perhaps because wearing the crown one's self stripped a bit of the mystique away from the position. But more likely because, having been in that position himself, he understood just how awkward it could feel to be on the receiving end of that. Something that Jack had actually reminded him of not that long ago.

"And I, Rick Pereg of the Autumn Court Magus of the Gilded Thorn, do hereby swear to defend the Freehold of Sacramento and uphold its laws for a year and a day. Never will I knowingly aid its enemies. And I shall use my knowledge of the Hedge and its dangers to ensure that our home remains safe to the best of my abilities. Thus am I sworn."

Survival for the Adroitness Skill

b
    bennosuke

Waiting his turn, Jack finds his way back to Lynn Mills, the newly anointed leader for the Freehold. His smile cannot be contained. Having been one of the first Lost to show Jack kindness in Sacramento, there is no one more than Lynn whom Jack would be happy to swear fealty to.

Getting down on one knee he says, "First, congratulations to the new Queen off the Verdant Court! I, Jack Flash, do swear myself, body and spirit to The Freehold of Sacramento, and to those who rule it for at least one year and one day. I will abide by its laws and will act to serve and protect my fellows. I have been burned and learned to Jump higher. While I may not have riches or powers to offer this Freehold, I have seen known deep lows and pits of fear. I offer my skills as a performer to lift others up, to take them out of similar depths, so that they too can leap over the flames that threaten them. This, and all else that I can offer is yours." He rises and then gives a standing theater bow, waits to be dismissed, and then bounces away, his heart lightened, despite the vow he has just bound himself to.

Lose one WP (now 4/5) and increase Expression

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Seeing that the last of the unsworn Lost have approached her, Lynn stood up and brushed off her skirt, moving out to mingle with the rest of the crowd. If any still needed to speak with her, she would be available.

Lynn rejoins the main thread

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread