Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

In a coffee house very similar to one she'd been to before, sat the teal haired shadow.

Her messenger bag set by her feet, her prized laptop on the table, open in front of her. With the women dutifully typing and clicking away. Her head bobbing to music coming from the single earbud she wore. She knew how she got when she got in the zone sans music, in such a public place it would only be helpful if she had an ear free.

Nibbling on the plastic lip of her coffee lid, she considered the problem before her. With a frustrated sound that was more a growl then a sigh she logged out. Beyond pissed.

Just her luck she wanted to reroll a mage when an asshole was camping the starting zone.

Fuck it. The night was still young, dark (and full of terrors.)

Nell popped the mangled, plastic lid off her coffee to drink it properly. Tapping her fingers on the table she considered her options...

Go back to her rouge (and shank the a-hole back)....or...hmm her eyes traveling the varied forms of the Kine at the cafe, she was feeling a bit peckish.

Noting my expenditure reason here, because when I opened this scene, the reason why box wasn't there. So -2 Vitae for Blush/imbibe.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Equipment: Digital Recorder, Reinforced Clothing, Lockpicks(Building), Athletic Shoes

Through the entryway appears the Savage Priscus, his eyes already on Nell, having spotted her through the window. Unable to ignore the screaming of his Beast he entered automatically on the whim of marking territory that isn't really his in the first place. Yet his senses return, setting in now with recollections of their most recent conversation.

He wears a dark hoodie, light material, with a heavy leather jacket over that. Jeans and sneakers adorn the rest of him as he walks further into the coffee shop, skin blushed and heading for Nell. Though there are thoughts of intimidating the doll-faced Shadow, he instead begins formulating an excuse for approaching her.

"Hey you," he starts, a friendly smirk being crafted into his expression. "Thought coffeehouses were more my crew's kind of thing." His eyes swivel over to the laptop, head craning around to see what exciting things she's got up on the screen. "Mind if I join you?"[expenditurereason] Blush of Life[/expenditurereason]

M
    Matrixchild

Being new Joseph still had very little work to do. No serious cases to negotiate for. No cops to bribe. For now things were quiet and with that came time to wander the streets and take in the city. It was always good to familiarize oneself with new surroundings and find potential locations for success. If he wanted a full-fledged office he'd eventually have to find out where people congregated in the city to use that to his advantage.

Roaming down one particular street, dressed in a suit as usual, lead him past an unremarkable coffee shop. One glance through the window though made it all the more interesting. He could feel the overwhelming pressure of his beast and its desire to race inside and tear the two Kindred to shreds. He had seen them both at court but had not spoken to them, at least he couldn't recall speaking to them. Deciding on a whim that it would be a good chance for conversation he headed inside and ordered a coffee he had no intention of drinking. He found it made him seem more normal if he actually ordered things from the places he went to.

After getting his mocha latte he slowly made his way over to the table, careful not to surprise them too much. "Laptops and coffee shops seem to go together well on both coasts, but I wonder if yours is for business of pleasure, possibly both," he said with a friendly smile. "Sorry to interrupt but I'm here alone and wondered if you two wouldn't mind a third joining." He thought about adding a hint to their shared nature, but if they couldn't tell from his curse then he would be most surprised.[expenditurereason]Blush of Life[/expenditurereason]

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

The sound of footsteps draws closer, but Nell pays them no mind. Then a familiar voice greats her. A thumb accidentally curls around the earbud wire, she pulls - yanking the earbud out of her ear. A wild yowling begins growing within. Why the hell is he here? This is her night off! The only supernatural anythings she wants to deal with are digital ones! She should just bash his smug face-Nell breaths through her nose, gritting her teeth, she grabs her Beast by it's mental scruff, and set it back to it's cage.

"Konrad! Hi, uh-yeah go ahead." She motions to one of the free seats at her table, then as she was going to defend her coffee house preference, an imposing man, in a snappy suite walks up. "Sure. You can join. Didn't I see you at our last...get-together?" Nell asks rhetorically. With how desperately she wanted to flee the conversation with The Prince, and his Court, and dive into the one he was having with Vivian and the Dragon she had yet to meet, Nell very much doubted that she was miss-remembering him.

"Well, I know coffeehouses are more your short of thing, but as shocking as this sounds..." she pauses for dramatic affect, "I didn't want to waste tonight away in the Academy. And my apartment is a shithole. So coffeehouse."

Then the teal-haired shadow takes a sip at her coffee, she looks back at the unfamiliar man, the hair's on the back of her neck rising..."Yes, Mister....? Being the diligent and dedicated women that I am, I finished all my work related work stuff, before I sought a reprieve, in the wonderful world of online gaming."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Too bad. I was hoping you had a secret reformist side to you," jokes Konrad as he plops down into the chair.

The approach of the other man causes Konrad to twist his head and glare at the other uninvited guest. Some Kine suit who picked the wrong table. But Nell's mention of the last get-together gives him pause. "Oh, it's you," he says with more realization. "One of the new faces. Sure, take a load off. I've been meaning to have a chat with you anyways. Konrad Roth, independent broker and coffeehouse peruser."

The mask had thrown him off, but if he's a Domain resident then this chance meeting would be most fortunate. A hand is extended in an offer for a handshake. Though he can't throw off the feeling that this man had something planned for them. But then Konrad always feels a healthy amount of paranoia.

Returning his attention to Nell he continues, "So, your time at the Academy is a waste, eh? Or maybe you don't want them to know about your guilty pleasures? Think they'd laugh at you or take you less seriously?"

M
    Matrixchild

Joseph put his hand to his head in his realization. "You are quite right. I did see you both at the last gathering. A shame we did not meet then, but good we could meet now," he said as he took his seat. "I'm Joseph Greenberg, a pleasure to meet you both," he said to them, taking Konrad's hand and offering to to Nell afterwards. He smiled at his use of the words 'independent broker'. Joseph could spot tricky titles and special phrasing from a mile away.

For the moment he didn't add, instead listening to the back and forth about Nell and 'the Academy'. Ordo it seemed, interesting. And the mention of coffeehouses? He had a suspicion but it wasn't enough for confirmation. For now he would just ponder over Konrad's affiliations.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

()Vitae 1 Spent

Caleb didn't usually hunt around coffee shops, but this particular night, he was exploring, learning the lay of the land. And, lo and behold, he stumbles across a few others of his kind. He caught a glimpse of his Priscus and the others through the window, and immediately he wanted to dive through it, drag them out, and make an example of those who hunted what should rightfully be his prey. In another time, in another place, he might have given his instincts free reign, let the Beast run free for a bit. Things were simpler back then. But, in this time, he understood that he couldn't do that. Especially when he didn't really hold territory. Instead, he opted to meet some more of the other predators in the city, and find out if they would be rivals, allies, or both.

The Savage opened the door, glaring at the bell as it dinged and announced his arrival to anyone who cared to know. The kine barely remembered why that had come about, originally. A means to prevent the things that hunt the darkness from sneaking into their homes. Now, it was a barely useful addition to restaurants and stores.

Caleb walked across the floor, hands in his pockets to keep himself from being too threatening. Even so, his nature leaked out. Hungry eyes cast about, watching the others in the room. His muscles seemed taut, always ready to leap on prey. Even when his eyes weren't focused on specific individuals, he seemed like he was watching them for sudden movements, always ready to give chase if they ran. Caleb's steps take him to stand next to Konrad, and he gives him a smile, teeth showing. "Konrad. It's good to see you again." Caleb's eyes roam over the other two. "I'm Caleb, a cousin of Konrad's. I don't think we've met."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

A familiar Beast appears, though now that they are outside Elysium the monster in Konrad pulls wildly on the chains of self-control. Hair stands on end and teeth grind as he turns towards his cousin in a predatory glare. The contortion on his face fades to a relaxed smirk as he rises from his seat once more. The chair squeaks on flooring.

"Fischer, out on the town I see. Good, good. Always a good idea to get used to a new city." The pleasantries lack warmth in his greeting, but the Man in Konrad cannot deny the opportunity. He'd Acknowledged Caleb while learning little about him aside from his brevity and focused attention.

"Care to join? We've got an open seat," he offers without checking with Nell or the newly met Joe. They've all but surrounded the poor Shadow. He waits for an answer before sitting back down himself. With his Beast on edge he's not about to remain seated while Caleb stands.

If and when he does, Konrad makes quick introductions. "This is Nell and Joe. Me and Joe just got here ourselves," he explains. "So, what sort of business are you in, Joe? Fischer?" he asks, curious of their trades if they have any.

M
    Matrixchild

Sometimes a person wanted to be called by their first name. Other times they wanted to be called by their last. Sometimes they only gave you the name they preferred. Caleb had only offered his first and yet Joseph was well versed in listening for clues for the unknown names. As Konrad spoke, Caleb's full name was revealed. Caleb Fischer. How interesting. He found pleasure in solving life's simple yet unimportant riddles. He also noticed the fact that Konrad appeared so casual with his use of others names that he would truncate Joseph's name to 'Joe'. How quaint, he thought, as if Joseph was some plumber from the Bronx, sloven and uneducated. He smiled as the introduction was made for him.

"Caleb, Joseph Greenberg, delighted to meet you." A friendly face and a friendly greeting were the mark of a gentleman and that was how Joseph labeled himself. Not some average 'Joe'. The man might need to know Joseph's full name in the future anyway.

At Konrad's question of his profession Joseph smiled for a moment before saying. "Legal work, criminal defense to be specific. How about yourself Konrad?"

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

As the others spoke Nell quickly turned off her tunes, and logged out, and shut down her laptop properly. Nell hums, "I think I misspoke. I don't think my time in the Academy is wasted. Not at all, but I have so many things on the go, that if I don't come up for air every know and then I know I never will!" Nell makes sure to keep her voice light and teasing, but it doesn't mean that its any less true. Nell knows herself, probably better then most, she needs to, to work change upon herself. "Maybe." Nell admits, bringing her thoughts back to the topic at hand. "Have you ever spoken one-on-one with David, about heavy smarty-pants stuff? Kinda don't want to ruin a perfectly good studious image. Or at least, not until I've made a more impressive showing!"

"Hello Joseph,"
    Nell greats, pushing away the strange urge to call this man by his last name, establish distance between them. Nell shifts away from him before she realizes she had.

Still tense from Konrad's unexpected appearance, and Joseph's...something. Nell can't coil any tighter, her Beast's yowling call, shrieks at the appearance of this strange new gangrel. Nell was grateful that she hadn't been holding her earbuds when he made his entrance, or else, Nell believes she might have damaged them irreparably.

"Hey Caleb." the teal-haired shadow greats, "I'm Nell."

"Joseph? How's your practice...considering?" Nell leaves it open. She always thought lawyering was day work. But if the man could get it to work during their fleeting active hours, good on him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread