Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn arrived just on time to the Blue Note, though she seemed slightly out of breath - she'd nearly been late, so she practically ran through the door and only stopped to look at her watch once she was inside. She sighed with relief at the realization that she wasn't late at all, and then, clutching her bag to her chest, she began to scan the room for L'aire , her fingers tugging on the zipper of her bag in a nervous tick. Really, she knew there wasn't anything to be nervous about, but that didn't stop her heart beat from jumping every time she caught a glimpse of golden hair.

S
    Sasha

Maybe it was the glow of the newfangled screen on the new style of touch tunes that replaced the old juke boxes, or just the Dancer herself, but that’s where the Fairest stood, updating the song list for the bar.

L’aire had stood hearing the hustle of someone walking through the front doors. She’d turned slightly to see who it was; low and behold it was the Curious Wizened that entered. Her leggings were blue, with low rise boots and shirt long enough to not look out of place with the leggings. The attire flattered her height and very long legs.

Turning, she began a quick stride to meet Evelynn half way near the bar’s edge. “Hello. Everything okay?” The Fairest was concerned why she was so quick to enter and hoped she wasn’t running from anyone.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

PRE

Evelynn paused, looking taken aback by the question. "Oh! Oh yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry. I was just concerned that I was keeping you waiting!" She offered L'aire an apologetic smile.

There was a long pause while the slightly awkward Wizened tried to figure out how to start. The thought struck her suddenly and she gasped, taking a step closer to L'aire, grinning brightly. "Oh! I suppose before I begin, I gather congratulations are in order?" Well. Since it was Winter she wanted to discuss, it seemed particularly beneficial to speak with the new sovereign, after all.

S
    Sasha

Grinning, she shook her head. “Oh, no, I am immensely patient. I come here often just to collect my thoughts, so waiting isn’t a big deal all the time.”

The Dancer smiled and bowed her head slightly, still not use to what came with her new station. “Thank you kindly, Evelynn. Why don’t we go in the back and chat.” Crooking her long, nimble finger, the Fairest began walking.

In the back of the Blue Note, not far from the stage, there was what most people called a Green Room. It was used to host those that came to perform, or sometimes a lot of extra chairs, which were stacked against the walls as the Dancer flipped on the light. There was also a big comfortable couch along one wall not far from a small vanity with lights surrounding it.

When the Telluric fully entered, L’aire would close the door. “Have a seat.” Indicating the couch, and would sit after Evelynn did. “So you mentioned in your phone call that something was important? How can I help?”

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn trailed easily along behind the Dancer, taking the indicated seat. She was wringing her wrists out of nerves, even though she already felt silly for being nervous. It was just the nature of her question, she supposed.

"I, um, I was thinking, maybe, um, I'd like to j-join a court. The Winter Court," she specified, blushing slightly. Those nagging little doubts kept swirling around her head, insisting that L'aire would say she wasn't wanted in the Court. Which was ridiculous. She knew that. But knowing that didn't seem to help much. "I, um, don't know how, though."

S
    Sasha

L’aire sat down beside the Wizened. She seemed much like the Fairest when she’d first came to Sacramento, unsure of everything. But it was expected with Lost.

“Oh, that’s excellent.” From what she knew of the Inventor, the curious woman seemed to be a good fit, but one never knew these things. Looks and actions could be deceiving.

“Well, let’s start by what seemed to call you towards Winter? Or did something happen that began to make things come to light?”

The Dancer sat, relaxed and half turned toward Evelynn. “Whatever it is, will stay between you and I.”

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn relaxed, finally, feeling more comfortable with her position now that L'aire had shown real interest in helping her find her place. She knew she would - L'aire had been unerringly kind to her so far, and she had no reason to believe this would have turned out otherwise. But those nagging doubts had finally been silenced (mostly) and she smiled.

"Well, um. There's a couple things. First, I like and respect you and Green and Daniel, and..." She paused making a face. "Wait, I mean, not that I don't have respect for people in the others courts or anything. Just that, uh, it's not quite the same? I don't identify with them in the same way, usually. At least, not all of them. I don't know, I'm not explaining myself very well, am I?"

She blew out a frustrated breath, then stopped to try again. "It's that I identify with what Winter is. Does that make sense? It's cold, and quiet, and hidden. But also intricate and beautiful." She paused again, blushing, and sighed. "I feel like I'm still not making very much sense." It was difficult for her to find the right words. What she felt just was, and she didn't know the language to describe it.

8. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire heard the first key word to deciphering the puzzle that was Evelynn; identify. That was what it was really all about. Someone may seem like they fit in other places, but it was what lies beneath each Lost that counted. There were a few times that someone thought the Fairest would have been better in Spring, her heart said otherwise.

She put her chilled hand on Evelynn’s arm, it wasn’t temperate to be comforting, but the expression had been. “Winter has many different facets, like a crystal or a diamond. We are also rare, at least from what I’ve come to know in Sacramento. Most of the time we haven’t discussed why we chose the Court we did.”

“But you are making sense, at least to me. Say what you want to say, no matter how it comes out. Of most people in the Freehold,” With perhaps the exception of Morgan. “I understand completely what it’s like not to be able to convey what is thought to what is said.”

The Onyx slowly tilted her head in curiosity. “Did you know there is more to Winter than what you said?” L’aire took her hand back slowly, with a gentle voice as her violet’s looked at the Wizened.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn looked bashful, but grateful, as L'aire reassured her that she knew it was it was like to have difficulty finding the right words. Then she dipped her head in a quick nod to the sovereign's question. "Oh, um, yes, I had figured, I suppose. That's what I identify with most in Winter. But I see other things in it. Feel other things. Dark and cold, and lonely and sad. I understand. There's a place of those things too."

There was a long pause, and the Wizened started wringing her wrists again, pressing her lips together against a question that was burning her up with curiosity but felt faintly inappropriate. She could tell her discomfort was noticed, and sighed, wincing while she tried to determine how best to ask it without seeming like she was prying. "Um. You don't have to answer if you don't want. But... What drew you to Winter?"

S
    Sasha

“I’m glad you understand that there may be more to Winter. Feeling is the key, it defines us, its why we’re different from Them.” Which is something Katrin had said that stuck in her mind forever, it seemed. “Lonely and sad, those are what I relate to. Some, the Silent Arrow; to not be seen but inflict what is only necessary. Sometimes the last defense, or other times, to protect the Lore of the city and offer safe hiding to our Court and others if necessary.”

L’aire had never fidgeted much that she was aware of, unless you count how the Dancer looked like she was moving but was not a long time ago. There was clearly something the Wizened was trying to say, but the Onyx would be patient. Then the question surfaced.

“I’ve never been asked before.” Her index finger rose in the air and shook. “But that’s okay.” L’aire took a breath and thought about the easiest way to answer. “I felt called to it from my mother passing away not long after I had come back from Them. I found the best way to deal with loss or loneliness was to reach out to others. I’ve volunteered at nursing homes and shelters in hopes of being someone’s solace and giving back, since my visits usually have a duel purpose…” It probably went without saying that she also cleaved Glamour while she volunteered.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread