A new perspective

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx had a desk. She just never used it. Instead, it was covered in other stuff while she herself worked on her laptop in the comfy wingback chair next to the window. A cup of coffee steaming next to her, she typed away. Figures, the day she'd invite someone over would be the day that something important came up that had to be dealt with right as she was leaving to go home. Thankfully, it was something she could just do on her laptop. A few emails here, a few texts there. Just a hassle, that was all. And she hoped it would be done before Flidais arrived.

With the ending of her training session with the traumatised security dog, Flidais, with haste, dropped Puppy off at home and grabbed a few things of importance. Some photos, a candle, a bottle of wine a weird looking stick and a few other miscellaneous things.

Shortly after 5 a rhythmic almost musical series of knocks can be heard coming from Varyx's door.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

A glance through the peephole and then Varyx pulled open the door, smiling in greeting before her eyes fell on the stuff Flidais had brought. There was no judgment in her expression. Just curiosity. 'Come on in!"

Once Flidais came inside, Varyx closed the door behind her and led her into the living room, a cheeky smile gracing her face. "I see you came prepared! What's all this for?"

Flidais returns the cheeky smile with one of her own accepting the invitation to cross into Varyx's den. "I thought the wine was pretty self evident, as for the rest of it... Mainly to show you, often a picture shows what words cannot say." Flidais looks about for a space to place down her bag of things.

"Would you like a glass?" holding the bottle of red liquid and delicious poison up out of the bag.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smirked at her self-evident comment, her nose wrinkling slightly at the teasing. They both knew she'd meant the other stuff, but alas.

"A glass sounds lovely, thank you." She went to the kitchen cupboard and pulled out two glasses for them both. Then she leaned forward against the counter. "So I'm positively dying of curiosity about the rest of this," she pointed out, motioning specifically towards the odd-looking stick.

Flidais pours the two glasses for them as she speaks.

"Well then, I now know what to save till the end." With an evil mischievous look Flidais tilts the bag covering the entrance to prevent further prying...

"Actually, I was hoping to ask you a few questions and open myself up the same before bringing those out." Flidais said looking for a seat and taking what ever place seemed like the right place for a guest to sit.

"What do you think of my order, and please, I won't get offended if you have something ugly to say. I am dedicated to bettering myself and my order and I can't do that by shying away from what I don't like."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx took her glass and sat next to Flidais on the couch. "Well, let's see. First, you should know that I've heard some compelling reasons to remain Apostate since we last spoke. I've been struggling with all of the orders, for much the same reason: I see value in all of them, but there's also a certain amount of dogma that I believe interferes with the members' ability to make the right decisions. I appreciate what Miach and Faust have said about the Mysterium, about your goals concerning the preservation of history and knowledge, and about making sure that knowledge doesn't fall into the wrong hands. But on the other hand? I can see why people might chafe under that idea. Why it strikes them as arrogant to assume that you should be the ones who choose who gets what knowledge."

Flidais nodded along as Varyx spoke listening to what she said. "I assume you are simplifying what they said. But that is a part of what we do, although not just for the sake of hoarding power and keeping it from those who would use it poorly. But... What do you think? Are we arrogant? What dogma do you think will likely get in the way? Either us or others." Flidais put the emphasis on 'you' wanting to get to what Varyx thought, not what she heard. Despite the serious nature of the conversation Flidais was relaxed and seemed to be enjoying herself.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

"My concern..." A pause at a faintly frustrated twist of the lips while Varyx tried to find the right words to explain her thoughts. She hadn't had much of a chance to sort them out - it hadn't been that long since the realization initially struck her. "Perhaps... we should begin with a question. If Star came to you, told you there was an object of great power and danger, and asked you to help him destroy it, what would you do? How would you respond to that request?"

"I would ask for more information, ask about the situation. Where possible I would not destroy anything, it is permanent and cannot be undone. But I would do all I can to contain the danger. Although I doubt Star would ask that of a mystagogue, it is the same as asking us to murder our own child for the greater good basically." Flidais paused, still clearly enjoying herself but still quite serious.
    "What would you do if someone asked you to destroy something that while dangerous could potentially in the future save thousands or more?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread