Ended
Watch

Starting from the ground up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

DDavid certainly walks the walk as he explains to Katya his process. Some of the torments he's endured are ones she has lightly experienced in alternate ways through the ropes. Her smile never falters though as she knows she's found an acolyte who can keep up.

"You and I have had similar lessons, but through different curriculums." she says, "I too have dabbled with burning, exhaustion, and damaging the skin. The nice part about kink is it provides creative ways to do these things once you take the sensual out."

She skips over his comment of wishing to explore a similar path as hers and answers his question. "Well I was embraced into following her through my sire. YOu see, back in Michigan, we followed the path of the Second Descent, and Inanna's myth fit well with our beliefs. Indeed the stripping of her power and her re-birth acted as a good parallel to what I had witnessed in playing with so many kine before my embrace." she looks to him and thinks back to his other comments. "How do you perceive a sexual exploration fitting to your goals of unifying your vision of the Crone?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Interesting. My ignorance commands here, but I do beleive that kink would provide quite interesting creative ways to worship." David nods as she continues. While the ideas aren't something he is ready to jump out and do, they would be a new and different experience. The Goddess demands that her chldren continue to learn and grow, so this might be another avenue, or merely a detour. Time will tell, as it always does.

"The second descent? That explains it then, thank you." A flashback of a memory fragment comes to David's mind. A tall face with a thin beard, black hair that fans out like snakes, and a sneering grin. Arkash? Or something like that. The visitor who came and spoke with Paresh for many months. Many changes took hold after that meeting. David looks at this woman before him, wondering how deep is she in the Underworld? Best to just ask. "If you don't mind my asking, are you still an adherent to that philosophy?"

He thinks about her question, letting the concept run in his head before answering in a tone heavy with religious fervor, "The crone cannot be seen by eyes clouded by taboos. Sex has such a strong taboo that it infects many of us, myself included. But like the flesh, taboos can be stripped away. They must be identified and expunged as they are found. So that is the personal aspect, but while such taboos should be stripped from many, I do not know that all acolytes will find the same avenue you have." His tone turns a touch lighter towards the end.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

s
    sumthingpositiv

David's comment on the second Descent catches Katya as strange, but not offensive, she isn't sure exactly what he means but doesn't think it's worth clarifying. "I do adhere to that philosphy." she begins, "However I am not stringent towards it. I tend to lean towards deities associated with the Underworld, I follow many sacrificial rituals in accordance to death, but then there are other aspects of my practice that probably do not side with the Second Descent. My kink unlife for example, I sometimes interact with mortals and have relationships with them more than my sire ever approved of. As such, I don't think one needs to shut out other ways of worship, so I like to keep things open when it comes to 'experimenting'" not the best word to use but it got the point across.

"Exploration of sex as taboo is one great way to use that as tribulation, particularly with kindred who have strict backgrounds. There is the mental challenge of exploring shame that can be useful when placing someone in that place. It's tricky though if Acolytes do not have those taboos, then the question becomes, what kink element introduced can still challenge them." she isn't speaking specifically to David but more in general. "Now that you are here, what are your short term goals for the Circle?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David nods at her explanation, a pleased smile on his face. "We will have to talk more about the Second Descent at some point in the future. My Sire changed much when he spoke with one of their members, and I would look forward to hearing more from a member myself." His smile gets a little larger at her 'experimenting' comment.

"I wish I could help you with your thoughts on how to incoporate kink for enlightenment, but I will have to defer to your expertise. I will do some research on it, and try to learn as well. Perhaps I will come up with suggestions for you."
    David is thoughtful, and seems to be mentally struggling with getting his head fully wrapped around the proclivities of his fellow acolyte.

David pauses for a moment, thinking of the pushback he got the last time, and how he overcame it. But still, it is a touchy subject for some crone members. "In the short term, we need members. Right now, the circle is far too small. What I used to do was have a temple area and use that for public rituals. I would lead not just the circle, but those interested members of the domain in a publicly viewable solstice and equinox ceremony. Afterwards, I would lead those Crone who remained behind in the private portion of the service. In this way I developed a group who would grow into being the Chorus, as well as keeping good relations with the higher officials of the city. The Herald and a Harpy, of the dragon and the invictus both attended during my time, and it was generally well received even by the unaligned.
    So my short term goal at the moment is to find a place appropriate for such services. While the Farm is an excellent worship site, it is not for the public, and so I will have to find a suitable location for the upcoming Summer Solstice.
    What of you; what are your thoughts for the Crone?"
    David speaks with fondness at his former efforts; though his tone dips to a darker kind of pleased as he discusses the private portion of the service.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

s
    sumthingpositiv

It doesn't surprise Katya that David mentions of his sires' change. It would have shocked her if one of her flock didn't invoke change in someone, even if it didn't stick.

"Is that so? I'd like to hear if you felt your perceptions of your sire matched his own on how they changed or not. But I'm more than willing to answer what questions you might have. As well as help you find a way to explore a sensual way of worshipping. .Even if it doesn't become clear, at least you know there is the option." it was what made sense to her, but she had years of unlife and her previous life to fall back on, she couldn't expect David to have an answer in one night.

When he tosses the question to her her lips pucker as she things for a moment. "I agree we could certainly have more members. Sadly, with my official title it keeps me from being more active in finding members. I attend whatever public forums are available with the other Covenants but that has been about it. I'm hosting the Book club with the Ordo Dracul at the farm but I think because we still remain a mystery to the others, it's hard for them to want to learn more." perhaps a difference in location might help, the mystique of the Farm seeming too "isolated" to outsiders. "We did have one Hierophant before you come but then he left and I didn't feel comfortable announcing myself as one by default. As such, I feel like focusing on establishing a clear identity in the domain, perhaps with finding a temple as you suggest, be the first priority. What was your process for locating temples in the past?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Thank you for the offer. I will consider it closely, and comce back to you when I am ready." David nods in thanks. A new avenue to worship the goddess. It gets him excited just thinking about it.

"I have had some success so far, and found a few who might be interested. Whip antinori might be worth pursuing, for example.
    I I think declaring a Hierophant is premature until we have more members. I agree, a strong identity is important, so is securing a location. In the past we used an abandoned church on the north side of town, near Natomas. It probably is still a good location, but I will need to look at it to ensure it."
    David admits.
    Will she push to get the Hierophant position, or will she be pushed. The solstice will likely decide.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

"Ahh yes Ale," she says in a pleasant reminiscent tone. "You know I actually had a long conversation with Alessandra once when I first arrived, explaining to her my relationship with Inanna as well as her myth. I don't know how much of it stuck with her but I do encourage you to try. She is quite independent though so I think respecting her boundaries was what kept me from pressing it further." at least David knew what was tried before he took his shot.

Nodding at his suggestion she says "I'm glad you think so, I also think we should wait before declaring a Hierophant.It's a title that demands respect from others and with so many people taking the mantle in such little time, I'm afraid it would be lost on others. If you need a companion to check out the abandoned church I will gladly help, or I can keep my eyes peeled for a different location." a beat passes as she thinks about anything else that they haven't covered and then she looks back at David, "Regardless, if you do seek a new location, stay out of Citrus Heights...it belongs to a present danger in the Domain that we are currently dealing with."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Thank you for the insight. She and I were discussing the Mayan God of tatoos. That might be a good introduction for her into the mayan pantheon, and from there, well, the Goddess knows." David says with a smile as he ponders the ritual bloodletting common to the Maya religious practices.

"Perhaps splitting up would be best, that way we can cover more ground. If the Natomas location proves inadequate, then hopefully you will have found something. I will keep in mind to avoid that area, but may I ask what is going on? Is there something I can do to help?" He asks with concern.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

s
    sumthingpositiv

Smiling back at David, Katya says "The path to the Dark Mother is infinite, as long as it is one she chooses, I am more than happy spending time helping her through the spiritual journey."

WHen he suggests they divide their efforts she nods "I will search where I can to find the right place and send you pictures, if it is more ideal than the Natomas location then we can try to set up shop there as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone's property." might be something she'd need to petition with the PRince but first they needed to find the place.

When David inquires about Citrus Heights her smile fades as her eyes shift around. "We should discuss this in the farmhouse." rising to her feet, she gestures for him to follow her back. "In the mean time, what do you know about Erika Brady?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Agreed." David says of her cousin, and lets the topic drop.

"I see. Please, after you"
    He offersa hand to the structure, as he continues walking. "Miss Brady was a Mekhet, and a regent too if I remember correctly. I'm afriad I don't remember much more about her. Though I remember hearing she was a Priscus ages ago" His memory is quite stretched trying to recall his cousin.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.