Ended
Watch

A man must build. (Necropolis)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    AnoncameaSpider

I knocked on the door for the address my Priscus had given me. There was an excited smile on my face, a chance to scope out my new home. A chance to see what I can help with here and there. I had parked my car a few blocks back, it rumbled so loud I didn't want to draw attention. A few thoughts went through my head, would I like what I found, should I have brought a knife, just in case? No...there wasn't a point to be paranoid here. No gain to be had. I was, I told myself constantly, full of potential. You're only full of potential if you haven't accomplished as much as you'd like. So, therefore I needed to find my uses...Ultimately I just hoped my skills would come in handy to the clan.

Parable

Kenneth Gilroy

Sorry this took so long to get put up, I couldn't post for some reason earlier. Kept getting server errors.

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Kenneth scurried down the street from where he had parked his car. Jack was already there, standing front of the worn down building that hid the Necropolis.

"Hello," he said in brief greeting "Follow me please, Mr. Carrigan." Gilroy wanted to get them out of sight before anyone took too much notice.

The worm went up the stairs hurriedly and held the door for jack to enter.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

"Sure thing boss." I said heading on in, I too did not like being out any more than necessary. Seeing as how I've never really seen the place before, I took a moment to look around and wait for Gilroy to lead the way. I wondered, not idly, what kind of chambers we had below ground, what they would look like and how I could contribute.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth could feel the eyes eating at the back of his head as he turned to close the door. It made the worm uncomfortable but he tried to ingnore it as best he could. After finishing Gilroy moved quickly toward and then down the concrete stairs to the houses basement. In the middle was a stack of animal corpses, rats and cats. If Jack bothered to breath the smell of decay permeated the area. Some were so old they were hardly more than bones and fur. Kenneth would have to see about replacing them soon.

Moving past the rotting flesh, Gilroy moved to the darker recesses of the basement toward a metal door with a pad lock that only became visable when your eyes adjusted some. The worm started fiddling with the lock.

"This is the main Necropolis entrance," Kenneth explained, hopefully it was unnecessary

"You mentioned wishing to add to a house's construction?" Gilroy could only assume the Haunt's underground kingdom was what he meant.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

I followed the rat down his hole. My mind couldn't help but make the comparison and it leaped further when I saw the cats, thankful not for the first time of the unneccessity of breath. Had the rat turned the tables on the cats perhaps? But then, what did that say of the good priests age, if that were the case? It seems like there's always more questions than answers in the Long Night.

As we came down I noticed the relatively lax security, and wondered if it was due to the location of the place, or perhaps the cats were simply supposed to be a message.

"I did, yes. I was hoping to first set up a sepulcher of my own, with your permission and then moving forward a Garbage Pit if you don't already possess one. They are infinitely useful in my experience....though I do wonder now about the state of the entrances security. Is there anything more that I am not seeing, or?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Mr. Garlon I believe has been working on creating an area where detritus collects." Not that Garrick had told Gilroy, but the worm had heard about it through his 'friends' in the public works sector. At least it showed the white eyed man was still willing to contribute to the Haunt's domain. "So, your efforts would probably be better focused on another project or your sepulcher. What exactly were you planning design-wise?" Kenneth was more than willing to grant permission for additional construction but first he wanted to know what he was allowing. Sepulchers were much more of a personal endeavor but could still benefit the Clan as a whole. "Keep in mind that though different from traditional Havens that given their more residential nature, sepulchers fall under the rules of tenancy that the Necropolis at large does not."

"Unfortunately, no," he answered in regards to security as pad lock clinked and Gilroy opened the door. It wasn't the first time it had been brought up.

"But this is the more public area," he said holding out the key he had just used "which you are free to use and guests are allowed, though I would ask that you not take them into the Dark Temple without informing me first. There is another sewer entrance, past which guests are not allowed. In fact they should not be informed about the exit." If an emergency occurred it might be their only way out.

"Other than that, what you see is what we have." Gilroy led the way past the door and down another flight of metal stairs to the Caldarium. The dark peace and familiarity soothed him and made him less prone to twitch.

OOC: Until granted tenancy, sepulchers cannot have a dot value higher than 2. Sepulchers are also essentially a separate merit from Necropolis; dots in one do not effect the cost of buying dots in the other.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

I gave a frown at the fact the garbage pit was already under someone else's purview but what can you do?"Well, I don't need a lot. I'm more of a pragmatist than a materialist. I need a place to put my knives, and other tools and my business can be...loud, if people are not forthcoming, so probably a little bit of sound proofing, or space slightly away from the group. Unless you guys are fond of the echos...." So, interrogation basically. I never made claims my work was pretty. Just that I did it well. "Strategically I could function as a first bottleneck and work security angles too, if you have some place that would work out?"

"I could probably ask around, find us a nice strong reinforced door and some upgraded locks for upstairs. Can't have some teenager with a pair of bolt cutters coming down on a dare, right?" I was mostly thinking aloud at this point, but quieted and gave my agreement to notify Gilroy should I take anyone to church. Not that that would ever happen, of course.

It's not that I have a problem with religion, it's mostly that I considered myself more of a deist. The cogs keep turning just as designed, but sometimes a little dust gets in. That's what we Kindred are kind of, just a mutated virus that got stuck with some bad ju ju. Plus when we ash, it gets dusty so the metaphor works on multiple levels.... I've got to hope that He's not around though, cause with the shit I've seen if God has an actual plan....I gave a shutter as my mind went over that thought.

"The Caldarium is looking pretty hot to trot boss. Any interest in trap doors, or maybe I could block off a few areas to route and knock in a few walls and see about getting some catacombs started...though that is a long term venture, to say the least." Catacombs had to be planned out. It was way above my pay grade, but the learning experience if I could talk someone else into it through the Movement would be beyond worthwhile for a Haunt such as myself.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Hmm," Gilroy responded with a small grunt. He wasn't sure they needed a torture chamber. He wasn't sure he was comfortable with having a placing meant to cause pain in such a deliberate manner. It would almost certainly get confessions like in the times of the inquisition, such information would always be suspect and thus a less than useful method of gaining data. Pain elicited only the answer that was assumed would make it stop, rarely the truth. Still, fear had its place in establishing power and having a chamber of weapons had a secondary use. "Alright, but do make sure to sound proof it. We don't want to risk attracting Kine attention. I have a map that details potential sites for Necropolis expansion."

"I've considered getting a better door and lock. Unfortunately, transport such a thing is difficult even with the Touch of Shadow and even more so to install it without gaining attention." Like half heard screams, hammering and drilling metal was likely to bring notice to their activities. "If you think you could do it unseen and quietly, you are more than welcome to do it. Present a plan to me and I'll make sure you have help. For now, I'd say developing a catacombs would help more with security. Ensuring the sewer entrance can't be found and hinder pursuers if we need to flee the public area."

"And I have to say no to any trap doors. Multiple missing persons in one area is likely to get the police involved and I don't have the contacts to prevent their investigations if it comes to that." Plus it would mean having take care of whatever Kine fell into a trap. Either keep them alive, in which case they'd soon have too many to feed them all or prevent escape. Or they'd have to periodically kill and dispose of a body.
    Mask of Tranquility

A
    AnoncameaSpider

My expression lightened after I got the go ahead for my room in the necropolis. I was worried maybe Sacramento was a little too far from Chicago. A little too nice.

"All good points. I'll think on it a bit for the door." Maybe use Konrads van, some printed off city gas bullshit and do it by night. Anyone who has any questions could be routed with some quick misdirection. I'd need more time to finesse that one out before presenting it though...

"Catacombs it is. I'll send word back home, see if I can't get some design schematics sent my way to get the ball rolling on that. I might be able to adapt a few things depending on what it looks like over at the sewer entrance." I paused thinking a moment. "Could I borrow the map for a bit to copy portions of it for planning or do you have copies?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I can provide copies. If you'd like I could draw up some designs as well, if you need them," Gilroy wasn't sure how he felt about using help from outside the city but then again it would save effort on his part and the worm already had too many things on his to do list.

Kenneth was silent for a few seconds with the only sound being the cracking of his knuckles.

"It's been some time since I last called a Clan meeting and I was planning on making an announcement soon. Do you think you would be able to have an outline for either project ready by [x weeks in the future]?" Again, he knew security was a concern for multiple members. This could allow the to express that desire productively. With the Caldarium coming along (and none of the Haunts having much interest in collecting documents for the Annals), it would be a good next project. It would also allow the Clan to meet each other face to face. The number of Nosferatu had spiked recently and while some might leave, working to develop a sense of community might encourage them to stay.
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.