Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Iron Moot

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Alex Rivers

"So your argument is that you are more experienced, especially in this Freehold, and you have already been of great service and have earned the respect of the other Courts. You're basically the most senior person here now that the old Sovereign is gone."

Alex pauses.

"And I certainly can't come up with a stronger argument than that. I know that Summer is supposed to be about strength and self confidence and so forth... but I'll freely admit that I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility. I've been Out for barely a year, and I still have a lot to learn. And as far as I know the other newcomers are fairly inexperienced as well... Unless I'm missing something, this seems like an obvious choice."

M
    Matrixchild

"You ask one, but there are really two questions in the air. 'Is anyone worthy, and who is the most worthy,'" he said with a coldness and bluntness that came naturally to him. "I haven't been here long but I certainly understand strength and I'm confident in my abilities. I believe I would be worthy of the spear." He paused for just a brief moment, allowing his statement to sit in the air before continuing, never taking his gae off of Ramona.

"But then we come to the second question. You were the first person I met when I arrived. You are strong and capable. I believe you embody the summer. You are the most worthy Ramona and I would be honored to have you as our Sovereign." His words didn't come out the way it would from a fairest. He wasn't emotional and he didn't even know how persuasive he sounded, but he knew that Ramona would know he meant every word he said. She was the clear choice.

There's a sound of stone grinding against stone, backed by a hiss and roar of the furnace, as Ramona's grip tightens on the spear. The source of her agitation is Hank, whom she watches with a disapproving frown as he easily discards her question in favor of two of his own. Ignoring her call to action in favor of a more temperate thesis. Trying to turn a decision she had asked for into a discussion they could hold. It's ok. She had anticipated some resistance to her rule. One nice thing about hold in the spear is that it would be terribly easy to swing it up and smash the fist of that butt-cap into someone's solar plexus. Take them down a peg. See how Hank likes the spear then. Still, she eases her grip and her shoulders when his statement ends with her endorsement. It's an interesting thought, though. Hank thinks he's worthy of Ramona's devotion and commitment, and bearing a very personal symbol of that. What does that say about him? Hmm.

Wordlessly, her eyes flick to Keith. He's the only one that hasn't spoken so far, the last possible voice of opposition.

M
    MrDream

Well, shit. thought Keith, at the grinding sound of stone bones. It reminded him of the first Summer he had met in Sacramento. His fellow elemental's digression sounded perfectly natural and polite to him, yet the general's frown and crushing grip on her weapon suggested that she was struggling with her temper at that faint whiff of challenge.

That's no good. He did not know Ramona well enough to be able to judge her history or personality well outside this context. And frankly, outside this context really didn't matter. She could be the wisest and craftiest general imaginable, but if access to the summer throne left her unable to control her wrath, unable to separate friend from foe... then giving her the throne would be turning the court, and eventually the freehold, against itself.

This might suck... a lot. He needed to know... They needed to know if she was the master of her wrath, or it's blind servant, and that meant running down the tracks Hank had passed over. Keith pushed his glamour, billowing eyes narrowing into faint blue jets, as his fire gutted health temporarily became fire-boosted health. He stood up, preparing to check the bear for rabies with a stick.

-1 Glam, activating elemental blessing. Have to beat a little harder to get the candy to come out... although it's pretty much the same the next day.

"My answer depends on your answer to this..." What would test her control? That's not hard, it's every summer's nightmare... we can't win the fight... "WHEN we are driving out the dragon and he pulls some new fae bullshit..." Keith was walking around the fire, hand outstretched, feeling it's strange Hedge edge tickle his fingers... "... and you realize we have to pull back to save the freehold, CAN you give that order?" He comes to a stop out of her reach... but not that of her spear.

ooc

Ramona restrains herself from the epic beating she would've otherwise given Keith.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-04 23:22:22 Ramona Bohannon rolls 9 to Resolve + Composure (Moot) (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 2, 4, 1, 5, 9, 2, 2, 3 1 success
    Would it fucking matter? Would 'no' be such a terrible answer that, weighed against her merits, she still wouldn't be the best choice of the lot of them? No, in Ramona's head, it wouldn't swing it. But her anger cools. Keith is asking the same question she might ask in his place. Maybe not here and now, maybe not with only the information he has, but she'd be wondering. It's an important question, even if she dislikes it. Her anger at Hank has already cooled, but she lets it simmer a little as she regards Keith. "Yes." She answers confidently. "If that's what it takes." There are those that would say more. That would remind everyone that hey know that Fairweather is a vastly dangerous enemy. That would repeat what she'd told Alex earlier, about fighting smart. But those are useless words. She's already said what she needs to.

M
    MrDream

Her mastery of her wrath and ability to deal with questioning proven (the only aspect Keith doubted), he goes to one knee in fealty.

"You are most worthy."

M
    Matrixchild

Was it something he said? Hank wanted to understand people. Sometimes he even thought he did. Ramona's response though certainly confused him, and if he was more concerned about it he'd replay it over and over in his head to figure out where he messed up. But Hank was old. He figured if he misspoke somewhere that Ramona would eventually see he only meant the best from his statement or hopefully forgive him for any accidental slight. He didn't mean any harm.

"Looks like we all agree you're the most worthy to be sovereign and weld that spear, if you want it." She had never explicitly said she wanted to be queen, it was only assumed. But nevertheless it looked like they were all in agreement so he offered a bow in respect.

Alex Rivers

Alex does not go so far as to get down on one knee... at least not until she's formally accepted the title... but he offers Ramona a gesture somewhere between a nod and a bow...

"Yes, it's agreed. If you choose to assume the position of Summer Sovereign, we'll support you. You are the one of us who is best qualified for that job."

S
    Selena

The Heat of the Wyrd had been slowly building in the Forge. A place where the Summers drank in their warrior side, or their need to for competition. Like the hot breath of a runner, it pushed and pulled around all those of Summer. Pulsing like a heartbeat to find the next to take up the Sovereignty.

As they each voiced their new leader, it slowed, encompassing Ramona with each nomination her direction. Once completed, like hitting the steam of a fiery sauna, the Wyrd settled on her with a swelter of heat.

Ramona is the Summer Sovereign.

The ogress is quiet as she feels the crown simmer and beat into her wyrd. She ignores the lingering questions of whether or not she wants it. If the others have any doubt about that now, the crown has answered for them. It feels so much like when she branded herself with her captor's marks, in the desperate hope that they might give her the power to escape. Pain and power all at once. And indeed, the brands upon her almost seem to darken and glow, wafting faint smoke. The air around her shimmers with the heat, especially over the stone protrusions, as if the heat came from within her bones. The crown burns upon her head, glowing like sharp metal heated white-hot in her forge.

She hefts the spear upward and then stamps it down into the ground, the surge of heat, of adrenaline, of victory filling her. Never once had Ramona imagined herself as queen. Never once had she wanted the crown for it's own merits. Only now, because it is necessary, has it appeared for her. Only now, because it is necessary, has she seized it. The Summer Court isn't about being happy. It isn't about making dreams come true. It's about doing what has to be done to fight back. And this is the best way, the only way, to continue the fight. "Then I am your Iron Queen." She declares firmly, over the suddenly cacophonous surge of the bonfire behind her.

The flare dies. The crown settles. The spear rests against the ground once more. The bonfire returns to it's normal size and volume. She looks at the three of them, "In this life, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. And in this court, there are no free titles. If you want one, if you want to be more than you are, you're going to have to prove to me you're worth it. Not explain to me, demonstrate," she emphasizes, "Through action and judgement." She pauses a beat, then goes on, in a quieter tone, "Rise to this challenge. I'm asking a lot from you, I know. Rise to it." There will be no sitting-on-your-ass in Ramona's court.

I think we're done here, unless you guys want to keep conversing. Which I'm totally cool with, if you've got stuff to talk about. Titles you want, or whatnot.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread