Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Orders Given

After receiving the letter from Circe Arnold stands over a map of Sacramento spread out on the table of his new Haven in the Sundown. On it he's marked notable locations, most notable at this time was the site of the Ordo Dracul chapterhouse. There was not much that lay to the north-northwest of the location, and Arnold had circled the region and drawn the little sun logo that Circe had included in her letter.

Reaching into his pocket he fires off a short text to his ghoul then goes back to staring at the map, considering what he knew of the area.

In short order, Gary arrives in response to the text from Arnold. "Got here soon as I could."

Arnold easily believes that what Gary says is true. Since he'd ghouled the man he had yet to be disappointed with his performance.

"Come here. Look at this map." He says, pointing "See this circled area here? Tomorrow, during daylight hours, I'd like you to survey this area. Drive, walk, whatever. Just don't call attention to yourself. I want you to look for anything that resembles a science facility. I also want you to keep an eye out for this symbol." He points to the sun logo "That, in particular, is important. I must reemphasize that it is vital that you not call undue attention to yourself."

He looks up from the map, centering his gaze upon Gary "Simple enough, right?"

Gary looks at the map and the picture. "Sure, should be easy enough." Compared to some of the things Arnold's had him do, this is pretty easy.

Arnold nods, and goes back to looking at the map "Good. You're dismissed, then. Go get some rest, I want you alert tomorrow. This is important."

Gary nods. "Got it. I'll give it my all."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

When Arnold awakens, he has a simple phone message from Gary. "I found something. Ready to report in soon as you like."

Arnold responds instantly, saying simply

"Immediately."

Gary is there less than 5 minutes later. He looks a bit unwell. "Got lunch from one of those taco trucks. That was a bad idea."

Gary takes out a map of the Sacramento metro area and points to a spot, north and west of the Chapter House.

"Up here's Rio Linda. Just southwest of the Rio Linda Airport, there's this place, fenced in, good security, whole bunch of buildings, the whole thing pretty new. I asked some of the locals, said I was looking into the job market. The whole place has been built in the last six or seven years.

"Outside the main entrance, one of those big granite slab signs with the metal letters and stuff... that logo, with the sun. Name of the place is Horizon Pharmatech."

Arnold doesn't respond when Gary speaks of his lunch, and its intestinal repercussions. Arnold had never had a taco, and had never wanted to try one.

He does respond, however, when Gary pulls the map out and begins pointing. He leans in close, noting carefully the areas his ghoul indicated.

"Horizon Pharmatech..." He says under his breath. He smiles a bit "Gotcha."

Looking up to Gary he smiles genuinely at him "Well done, Gary. Well done. You can take the rest of the night off, but first..."

Arnold pulls up his sleeve. Taking out a knife, he makes a cut on his wrist and holds it out to his ghoul.

Gary smiles and drinks, as much as Arnold is willing to give him or until he's taking his fill, whichever comes first. "That helps settle the stomach," he says. "Glad to be of service, boss."

After a moment, Gary adds "I don't know if you've ever spent much time in Rio Linda, but if not, some things you should know. It's sort of low-rent, white-trashy. Cars on blocks in front yards, lots of meth dealers and drunks, that kind of place. Point is, anything nice really stands out. The feel I got was, they don't like this Horizon place, because it was built there, but almost nobody from Rio Linda got a job there. The fact that only of a handfull of them would probably qualify for being more than a janitor or the sorta secretary that spends more time on her knees than answering phones is kinda beside the point.

"So, if you or someone else is gonna scope it out, go low-rent or you won't fit in."

Closed Thread