Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani hangs up the phone and starts to clean off her desk. She'd already done a bit more research into the building she wanted to buy but she was still waiting for word from the realtor. Either way, it wouldn't do for the "owner" of the Lily to be looking into another business.

She finishes cleaning off the desk and turns the TV back on to ESPN and waits for the knock at the door.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

L

It didn't take Wilhelm too long to make his way to the Lily, and after a brief conversation the bartender pointed him to the door Ishani had mentioned. As she had said, it was hard to miss. He strode over to gave it three firm knocks, then waited for a response.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani opens the door and gives Wilhelm a smile, he looked like she remembered in the dream. "Good evening, Wilhelm, if I may call you that. Please, do come in."

She steps aside to let him in and motions to the large couch in front of the large TV. "I would like to extend my thanks for your assistence in that dream I mentioned earlier."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

L

Wilhlem inclines his head slightly in respect as Ishani opens the door, and moves to the couch she had indicated. He does not sit though, as she is still standing. And though he had changed much since his embrace some of the courtesies of courtly society still stuck with him, a Gentleman did not take a seat while a Lady remained standing. Besides, since muscles didn't get sore in one's Requiem standing was hardly a discomfort.

"No thanks are necessary Lady Ishani," he assumed the form of address Konstantin had used to speak of her would be suitable, "As the vampire spirits present said, it was a test of unity. And even if it was not the threat was great enough that selfish actions by any individual certainly would have gotten him or her killed, in the dreamscape at least. To say nothing of the consequences it may have had upon the other kindred present."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani nods and takes a seat on the couch. "I agree. I hope everyone understood that message. Otherwise, the kindred spirits did it all for nothing."

She smiles, a little sadness in her eyes, but recovers quickly getting back to the business at hand. "So, Wilhelm, please tell me if you have a group affilitation and why you have come to Sacramento."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

L

"Not quite for nothing," Wilhelm flexed the fingers of one hand experimentally, "They seem to have been able to instill something of their power within us, an...alternative power source if you will. I am sure that I am not the only of our kind to have received it after that dream.

"As for what brings me to Sacramento, I have recently completed a bit of business that kept me busy and on the move for better than two decades. As such, it seemed that it was finally time to settle down. And in our society rumors abound as to how Kindred have flocked to this city following the Lost Nights. I do not currently have any covenant affiliations. I had been quite mobile, by the standards of our kind at least, and did not wish to have to re-establish my connection to a covenant upon arriving in each new domain."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani watches Wilhelm as he talked. This one was very sensable and logical. She wondered if maybe there had been some Ventrue influence in his unbringing.

"Well, if there is a covenent you are interested in learning about, I would be more then happy to direct to the leader. As for your residence, I grant you temporary acknowledgement until the next court."

She sighs, hating this part. "As you are a fairly traveled kindred, I am sure you know that each city has a number of unique laws and of course, this one is no different.

The Three Traditions will be kept in full.

Should any servant, Thrall, or Childe Breach the Masquerade, both criminal and Regnant shall feel the Prince's displeasure.

Childer shall not be Sired without the permission of the Prince.

Any Regnant will take full responsibility for their Thralls as they would Childer.
    None who have committed the Amaranth shall be welcome.

Any Kindred entering the Domain will present themselves to the Prince or His Seneschal within Two Weeks of arrival.

Prisci or Covenant leaders shall be considered equally responsible by proxy for Presentation of their charges; however, should a Priscus or Covenant leader be willing to take responsibility in full for one of their own, Presentation may be deferred until the next Court.

None shall Hunt within the Domain without being Acknowledged.
    His Majesty will levy his displeasure on any who fail to respect Him with this courtesy, or any who would hinder or seek to charge Boons to facilitate Presentation.

None may destroy or violate any Haven so long as it's Owner is in Good Standing, Obeys the Laws, and Respects His Majesty.

Only the Prince or His Seneschal shall call the Blood Hunt.

His Majesty shall expect all Kindred of the Domain to participate actively and willingly until such time as the Blood Hunt is concluded.

Only The Prince may grant the Right of Destruction.

The Prince shall levy His displeasure upon any who would inflict the Final Death upon another, or destroy, incapacitate, or abduct a Responsible Regnant's Thrall.
    The Prince shall grant the Right of Destruction in observance of Monomacy, with the following stipulations;

That His Majesty be given One Week notice should He wish to attend;

hat each participant will have a Witness and that Witness present themselves immediately upon conclusion to the Prince to offer Testimony.

Treason will be thus defined, and suffer the full measure of His Majesty's displeasure: Violation of allegiance toward His Majesty, His Property or His Will, especially in the acts of waging war, actively or passively, or by consciously and purposely acting to aid His Enemies.

Kindred shall show their Respect by appearing at Court.

Failure to appear to two Courts in succession will result in the revocation of Acknowledged status.

None shall harass His Majesty.

Should any find themselves in His Presence, they will keep a respectful distance, not approaching unless welcomed.

All petitions and requests must be submitted to the Seneschal for approval and discretion in scheduling.

The only exception shall be if His Majesty finds himself under duress. In such circumstance any and all available Kindred are expected to render aid.

The Prince has forbidden the Feeding upon, Ghouling, Killing, or otherwise Interfering with the following Kine of the Domain:
    • Law Enforcement
    • Firefighters
    • Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs)
    • All Hospital Employees

His Majesty has been greatly offended by the Blood of the Kallisti, and their presence is Forbidden within the Domain.

Any who shall not abide by these Restrictions will feel His Majesty's displeasure.

Should the Prince make His will known, all are expected to respect it.

The Prince shall inform Clan and Covenant leaders of any such announcement, and they will propagate that message.

The Keepers shall make the Prince's will known in written form at all Elysia.

After One Week, all Kindred shall be expected to be aware of His Majesty's will, and respect it.

The Elysiums are Bello Dello Notte, Museum of Aquatic Nuances, Avalon, and the Sterling Hotel. The laws of Elysium are fairly basic. No violence shall be done within, no weapons shall be brought within, it is open to all kindred and of course, the Prince and anyone else he delegates is exempt from all Elysia laws.

I think thats just about it. Any questions? Oh and the rack is the downtown strip of the city."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

L

Wilhelm paid careful attention as Ishani recited the domain's laws, nodding slightly to himself, they seemed quite reasonable. "There are three covenants I am considering; The Invictus, The Ordo Dracul, and The Circle of the Crone. I am still at the initial stages of choosing between them though, and a decision might be a ways off yet." He paused for a few seconds, "You said temporary acknowledgement, how does that differ from full acknowledgement?"

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani smiles at the question, it was the first time anyone had even bothered to ask it. "The difference is, if you screw up it comes down on my head rather then just yours. You still have feeding rights and the right to find a haven and all that. It just means that I am vouching for you until the next Court when the Prince can meet you personally and assess you for himself."

She reaches over to the table in front of the couch, picks up the remote, and flips off the TV, the noise becoming annoying. "As for the covenents, take your time. We do not demand that everyone belong to a specific group here. We would much rather people make their own decisions in their own time rather then rushing them through it."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

L

"I see, I will be certain to stay out of trouble then." A small smile found it's way onto his face as she spoke of the covenants. "Of course, it would be most unadvisable to rush such an important decision with a Requiem in front of me that could last for an eternity."

"There is a matter I should bring to your attention, however. I do not know if you are aware, but Priscus Konstantin recently took several knew arrivals to help quell a bar fight that threatened the Masquerade. We apprehended the two Kindred and took them a short distance away. However, someone had implanted explosives in them, which promptly exploded. Konstantin said that the shrapnel contained the taint of the Lost Nights. Most of the debris was brought to Avalon Hill to be examined by Dr. Lazarus, but I do have a few pieces on me. I thought your skill in Auspex might be sufficient to analyze it in ways that the Dr. Lazarus cannot." Wilhelm unbuttoned his shirt once more, and a flurry of shadows flew away from him to reveal his kevlar vest as he withdrew the bag containing a few of the caltrops from one of its pockets.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread