Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green watched with the patient passivity of a rock. Only when Daniel had left the Hollow did the mountain move, stepping closer to where L'aire stood. At first, he looked like he would kneel, then he opted for standing.

"There are some things you should know now, yeah? Actually... all the new Sovereigns will need to know. But you are my Sovereign, so you get this first. Just like I did with Byeli before you. Byeli and the others - Brother Lucas, Violet, Betony Rue - they made me Spymaster, yeah."

He shifted on his great feet.

"Now they didn't give me any brief or anything. They just let me go off and find my own path. Which I did - see, I picked up on these rumours going around Sals Market that a powerful Goblin Contract was on sale. One of them legendary Fear-maker's Promise... pact... pledge... things. Yeah. Long story short: I made a move when I heard some other groups were after it, right? I got agents in the field as we speak but right now I don't know if or when their... negotiations are going to finish. Assuming they pull it off..."

He looked at the Fairest's lovely face.

"Thats what I got going now. Haven't had much time to build a spy network as yet. I managed to get an accord with Harvey so I could borrow his... erm... face... so to speak. But if he's gone with Byeli then that will have to change, too. I've mastered the Mirror, see..."

A pause.

"Oh. Yeah. This might be old news but... I know where the Dragon lives."

He slipped quietly into silence.

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel thought about what the Fairest said. It was the second time she had asked and he felt she miht be hinting at him. Can't or won't. As a Ranger volunteering as Archer was a natural fit. It still had the problem that Daniel wasn't really ready at this point, or considered himself so. He'd prefer to at least get a feel for being a Ranger before doubling up on that responsibility.

"I can try my hand at Sun Banisher. I mean, breaking into a police storage locker might be a little beyond what I can do but I can definitely handle the digital stuff." And that was half of what all evidence was nowadays. It would mean having to get a better computer but that was hardly a negative in Daniel's mind. "I'll let you think about it." He didn't want her to feel pressured to name him Banisher when he could only do half the job well. Plus he was a little nervous that she might immediately say yes.

He gave a respectful nod to both of them and then headed out so they could talk alone.

Daniel exits before Green start talking.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

S
    Sasha

A simple, thoughtful nod to the Gravewight before he left. L’aire would think it over. She wasn’t suggesting anything, but at least right now would like them all to have a fair voice for now.

Her violets watched as Malcolm walked one way, the close to her, eventually remaining in a standing manner. L’aire was by no means a short woman, but Green still towered over her. It wasn’t intimidating, she’d known him for quite some time, but she looked up while he spoke.

So this is who the Spymaster is…

It probably should have shocked the Onyx more, but it oddly didn’t. Malcolm was well suited for the role in any case. He was the type to be somewhat awkward, that no one would have put those responsibilities on. It was definitely a wise choice.

“Everything seems on track Malcolm. I’m sure you can find more to incorporate into your network, if you choose to do so.” L’aire was about to say one more thing but then, what two things struck the Fairest.

“So, is the Dragon resting or… should we begin worrying all over again?”

“Wait, Face? You borrowed Harvey’s face?” The Dancer wondered what else Harvey told him. About a letter she sent him? Or something to the tune of… well, things she didn’t want to admit.

If the old Sun Banisher had trusted him with… that, then maybe Green would be the wisest choice.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Resting, I think. Yeah thats what my source said. Building his strength - so I dunno, sounds like hitting us the way he did... cost him. Hanging out for all to see at The Spire. Deep, yeah, but connected to... here. Keeps an honour guard but his cults are... out... all over. And I only know of one group - thieves and bridge burners. After books of power. One thing Lucas did right - burning that book probably deprived the old wyrm of his prize. He was after the four books, see. We wrecked at least one."

He looked down, blinking, at the Onyx Queen's exclamation.

"Yeah. We worked out an accord so I could borrow his face. He had a reputation, yeah? You didn't fuck with him. Handy. And... It taught me discipline. The Spymaster needs to be faceless. I ain't doin' this for the recognition, no ma'am. But, yeah, Harvey was bound to Byeli. If she gone, he goes too. I can hang off a bit, but after a while it'll look, strange. Out of place. Too many questions."

6. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Despite the IceLaw, the Queen stated in an emotionless voice. “I hope it did.” There was very little that could be done about the past, and all that was long. “Those of us who know all that died or suffered from it still carry it with us. We always will in some way, but I feel it’s our job, to carry the burden of Sorrows for the rest.” Partially tilting her head. “Is that what you think?” Everyone viewed their own Court differently, there was not a clear cut way to go about it. L’aire wanted to know his voice, Green was a part of their Court and his opinion mattered as much as everyone else’s.

“As far as his cults, we’ll keep watch over those. Finding another book would be useful and I agree. Destroying it was probably in the best interest, who knows if it may have convinced someone to unwillingly assist him without knowing.”

She never realized he was a man of many faces. It wasn’t unheard of within Changelings, but never did she suspect. “No, you’re very right. It will probably look suspicious after a while.”

L’aire looked at Malcolm, her violet’s trying to see what the Elemental may have wanted. Because he was of that nature, it was hard to figure him out. “So you’ve learned a lot from Harvey, I presume?”

“I know I mentioned it to Daniel, but it sounds like that may not be something he could do. Or at least the aspects that Harvey did. It’s possible I may have not understood what Daniel was trying to tell me.”

“The question is, did you want to Harvey’s previous position?”

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Yeah. We carry the Sorrow. Keeps us grounded where the others wrap themselves in dreams of vengeance, petty lusts or... I dunno... magic ivory towers because the know so much book learning and stuff." He sighed, a sound both expressive and expressionless. "Sorrow is a reminder. Sorrow is... happiness. Can't have joy without it and anyone who says different is a fool."

He coughed.

"So. Yeah. I guess a learned some things from the Harv. Of the value of masks. Of being ready to do what needs to be done. Yeah. Silence..."

He blinked and shifted his massive bulk.

"So. I can keep an ear out for rumours of those books. If any are left floating... If our advantage... uhm... still holds."

As the talk turned to the Sun Banisher, Green rumbles deep in his throat.

"I... Ah... I think he was genuine. Its the 21st century, right? Most stuff is digital now and if he thinks he can wipe or hide that info... then good for him I guess. If he can do fake IDs he must have contacts and friends in dark places - which is a start. More than me. Ah I got friends in the Union movement but I steer clear of the real hard men. I don't want the cops watching me. My eyes can figure out where the stuff winds up... but its not like I can make it happen."

And then a slight smile.

"I don't know his skills in the... vanishing department. But remember, yeah, he is a grave wright. He's probably attuned to that shit. If not, maybe he'll grow into it."

S
    Sasha

The Onyx nodded to Green’s description of other Courts. It certainly wasn’t prejudice, the Elemental never seemed that way before. She was thankful they were of the same mindset. “You’re right, we are the yin to many yangs.”

The Fairest gave him a slow nod. She wasn’t going to question his methods, she would have questioned Harvey’s either. Green understood their Court as well as she. “If you find another book, will you do the same?”

“I’m not so computer savvy, so that is good information. And if something comes up, at least I know where to send those people. We’ll make sure the cops are not watching you. We protect our own, Malcolm.” It would take some time for them to be up to caliper as their previous tenants of Winter, but she knew they had it in them.

L’aire spent a few moments looking at the Elemental. She’d known him a long, long time. They may not have had any of the same interests or hobbies, but deep down, they were kindred spirits.

“I know that in the past, Katrin had given us all positions, titles or jobs within our Court. Are you satisfied with your current duties?”

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Gemstone eyes glittered, hard and soulless like rock.

"If you want. I was thinking I would hand it over to the Sovereigns or the Council - if it still exists. Lucas made a big show of it the last time; I don't think we need that. But, like, yeah... Passing it on would be my plan. Maybe with Byeli and the rest I could have just burned it, then let them know it was done... but with the new Sovereigns... I don't know. Don't even know who they all are, yet. Don't know if they'll keep me on - its a group decision, remember."

He inclined his head. The motion could have simply been because of his great height.

"You are my Queen. So if you want it destroyed. And I found one, and was able to pull it off without causing suspicion. Yeah - I'd do what you want with it."

He shifted his weight from foot to foot.

"Satisfied? Whats that mean. There are things to be done. I spent years as an Archer. The Lord of the Inhospitable Chamber suits my Freehold duties and stuff, I guess. Besides... its not like I've been tested in it yet. Only time will show that, right?" His eyes dropped once again. "I'm Iceclad Armiger. Which is fine. Lore of the Onyx Mirror is all fine and shiny but we don't need it. The Court is too small. So I'll attend to the Lore I have."

11. Likes Benji liked this post
    S
    Sasha

“Well, like I said, I would step down as Emissary, and I intend to do so. However, I will bring it up to the other Sovereigns once they’re chosen. If this could possibly drain that thing’s power, then I believe they will agree. My only concern is someone wanting it in hopes that it may help them succeed with who knows what.” The thought of what Power could do to people bothered the Dancer. She hoped she’d never become that person – ever.

Although the temptation to have Green destroy it on sight was great. If she could resist something like this now, she had a better chance later.

L’aire watched the small movements of the Earthbones. A mountainous man capped with ice now. How they both had changed since their first days in the Freehold. The Fairest had forgotten that some words held little meaning to an Elemental. “At least I know when the time comes; you can fulfill what needs to be done.” Her eyes, calm and glistening like amethyst in the light.

The Dancer remembered the night not too long ago where they found the strangest thing in the old commons. It could have taken the Elemental. L’aire moved to him, her chilly hand touching his arm softly. “Malcolm, if you ever need me, don’t hesitate to call on me, okay?”

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green looked down and... blinked.

Time passed and his face slowly shifted. Confusion, then - perhaps - a glimmer of human understanding.

"Uh. Sure. Yeah... OK."

He looked away. Looked back. Looked away.

"Yeah. Thats it. Ah. Was there anything else? I'll let you know if my agents succeed in the field - you know, if they pull it off before the Sovereigns assemble for Council."

We should probably start wrapping this up

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread