THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

After sending a brief text to Martha, Konrad hops in his van to head to Elysium where he hopes to find the Keeper. Since Court, Konrad has been meaning to chat with her about the next themed Court. With any luck it would coincide with his debut as Harpy, unless a wrench gets thrown into the works. He hadn't checked with any of his would-be endorsers since they'd promised to send their praises to the Prince.

He strolls down the Stairs, unarmed and wearing a simple untucked buttoned shirt and slacks, with a sports coat slung over his shoulder. He could get away with just about anything in this cool springtime weather. There's always the chance that other Beasts could be prowling these underground halls, but Martha's at least would be silent.

If he doesn't see her in the commons, he'll head towards the Keeper's Office and knock at the door.

Martha Villiers

PRE

The silence in the main Court area suggests that Martha might be in her Chamber.

The door to which is slightly ajar.

From within there's the sound of a light shuffling.

The scent of fresh lemons is strong too.

Once Konrad gets closer he can hear Martha humming something jolly and rhythmic to herself, as if oblivious to his approach...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

He knocks first, but seeing as the door's ajar he gives it a slight push too. Rather than give her a fright, he remains in the door frame and leans against it while folding his arms leisurely.

"Evening, Keeper Villiers," he says in a relaxed greeting. "How is every little thing?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Keeper Villiers sits up. Bright-eyed. Almost startled.

She's sitting on the floor. Her C-Leg is detached and rests on the floor near her. Her only stocking is neat, her shoes are off. To judge by the arrangement of the coffee table, the desk and couch, the disarray of her twin tails and that her spectacles are slightly askew, she's probably been performing some calisthenics.

Dressed in her gymslip, with the sleeves of her white blouse rolled up, tiny Martha smiles and offers Konrad a small, nervous, wave.

The carafe of lemonade sits on a nearby coffee table. The

"G...Good evening!" she stammers, wide-eyed. Rubbing at her exposed thigh stump, tiny Martha struggles to compose her Beast.

Konrad's presence brushed her Beast and caused a stabbing pain to irritate her.

Her thigh stump twitches. Trying another shy smile, Martha giggles nervously.
    "I...er..." Tiny hands rub hard."Good evening, s...sir! D...do come in, please! I...you find me mid warm-up..."

She looks over to the couch and wonders what might happen if she decides to hop there.

Feeling vulnerable, Martha almost blushes and, probably deciding to remain seated on the floor, timidly clamps her tiny hands about her stump.

Tiny Martha's Chamber has cleanliness buts he's created some space to move freely.

On one wall there are three large modern, stark and dramatic framed photo prints of ballerinas in classical tutus holding a ballet pose against dark backgrounds. Another print hangs on another wall: a large framed copy of John Waterhouse's 'Lady of
    Shalot.'

Between these large maps of Sacramento are pinned to walls, which detail various aspects of the Kindred domain and are annotated with Domain information superimposed over a standard street map.

Erected to conceal a quarter of her Chamber from view is a tall Chinese screen. A fire extinguisher is obvious as is an office desk. Her main desk is piled high with neatly stacked notes, college textbooks and dozens of school style notebooks. All look well used. Four tall bookcases are against the walls. Each bookcase is filled with many pre-owned books. The books appear to be textbooks.

Her desk hosts a cheap looking laptop and ink-jet printer too.

There are a few comfortable chairs and a soft furnished couch. A coat rack and a seat are opposite her busy looking desk. The place, though busy with clutter, is clean. Close to the couch, there's the aforementioned Scandinavian-influenced style coffee-table.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad looks over the vulnerably positioned Shadow on the floor. He tries to recall if he's ever seen her without her prosthetic on, but the sight doesn't bother him.

"Don't let me stop you," he says as he unfolds his arms and enters the room, slinging his coat on the rack. "Mind if I join in?" he asks as he sits on the floor in front of her, not waiting for an answer. "So we're both warmed-up."

He works at his shoes, prying them off before setting them aside and shakes his wrists loosely. So long as she doesn't voice an objection he'll begin to rotate his arms and stretch out what might be a stiff body.

"So, what've you been up to lately? Seems we only talk about business the last few times we've had any privacy. All these new faces to meet and what have you." His tone is causal an unguarded, as if he is speaking with a trusted friend. His eyes regard her unassumingly, though perhaps beneath the surface are desires to wet darker appetites.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Clearly looking and feeling vulnerable Martha smiles and nods. Wide-eyed, she watches, perplexed, as Konrad joins her.

She clearly wasn't expecting this.

A timid smile follows and she seems to offer silent approval for his decision.
    "Oh...well, I'm trying to learn Parkour, sir!" she giggles meekly, her eyes keen to meet Konrad's.

"I am committed to learning new things, and I have a strong feeling that Parkour will help me in many, many ways!" she chirps and watches Konrad's movements with interest. Deciding to follow his lead, she joins in the same warm-up of arms and shoulders.

Her hands in action, Martha pale stump is now bare.

"It isn't easy, though! I've fallen more than once." Her mind going back to the endless number of playgrounds she patrolled and struggled on jungle-gyms and monkey-bars.

Trying another shy smile, Martha seems to concede Konrad's lead in the exercise. Perhaps she trusts him to know some cool warm-ups...

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Parkour?" questions Konrad, showing the first sign of surprise in a raised brow. From what he knows of the sport it's a method of movement in an urban environment. He can't imagine the one-legged woman having an easy time of it. But then again, that might be the very reason she chose it.

"Yeah? Well you've got more of a handicap. But I guess you can pick up on other means of moving around that way. Bet you'll end up with some killer core muscles."

Once Konrad is stretched out he rolls from a sitting position to flat on his back and begins to lift his legs off the ground while keeping his heels close against him. He speaks between each deformation of his diaphragm.

"I've been...learning new things...too. Been...to a firing range...with my girls...a few nights back. Ale showed us...some basics. Course I've...never had to...actually use a gun...on anyone yet."

He flattens out and then twists around so he's facing the floor and resting on his elbows as he starts some planking. Nice thing about his Vampiric body is that he never becomes out of breath. Downside is that the lack of metabolism does very little for muscle growth. Still, some Kindred were able to enhance their physique even after the Embrace. Nothing wrong with keeping limber though.

"It's good to be prepared. So what kind of tricks have you learned so far in this Parkour of yours?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding, Martha can only agree. Bright-eyed, she giggles as he describes Parkour. "I do hope so! I am working hard on my core muscles...for er...for ballet, you see!" she added secretly, but cheerily, while emulating Konrad and, leaning back, raising her leg and stump to match his actions.

"The firing range? That sounds excellent!" tiny Martha agreed. "I hope you never need to, sir! Still, I'd be happy to join you at the firing range if you'd tolerate my tagging along!" she chirped and seemed genuinely happy to accept a denial as well as acceptance.

As Konrad changes to a
    planking posture, Martha hesitates, unsure if she can easily follow his lead, she pauses and keeps up with her leg raises.

"Oh, well, I'm just beginning...but I've found a way to try to hold on to a wall and I'm learning how to roll...in many ways it's not too different from the rolls in aikido and the like...it's very exciting!" she smiles sweetly and, still with her leg raises, clearly looks forward to hearing Konrad's replies.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"A dancer, eh? Not to hard to picture that on you." A little dancing figurine with its leg snapped off from being dropped.

"And sure, next time I go I'll invite you along. Most firing ranges aren't really suited for Kindred like myself. You associate with criminals long enough and you start attracting the boys in blue. So it'll probably just be a long strip of dirt in the boonies."

"Aikido? Hmm, not sure I've heard of that. Sounds Japanese-y."

Konrad relaxes from his planking position and gets back onto his knees. "You want to try some squats? I'll hold your waist if ya need a spotter," he offers, wondering if she'd let him get that close.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Of all the things that Konrad could have said few things seem to have won Martha over than the remark about dancing.

She blinked and almost blushed.
    "Thank you., sir.." she squeaked timidly.

Falling quiet, Martha was lost in thought for a moment.

Talk of the firing range prompted an eager nod and wobble from her twin tails.
    "Golly! That sounds excellent too! A dirt road...ideal! No need for paperwork that way!" she agreed, seemingly in agreement with his rough-and-ready pragmatism.

"Oh well, aikido, it...well, it's like judo and ju-jitsu. Very useful...ju-jitsu...is, I mean. Aikido is...well, it needs precision. Not something to rely on in a nasty street fight..."

"Squats...?"
    Martha gasped and her hands flew to her mouth in playful horror.

"I'm...I'm not sure I could...but...with you to help...at the waist...that would be sooo kind, sir! What a gent you are!"she fell silent. Looked to her C-Leg and seemed to give the matter serious thought.

Nodding, Martha agreed.
    "I daresay it is worth a try! With your help I won't need my...well...I'm sure it'll be just fine, sir! Thank you!" she gasped again, refusing to glance to her C-Leg for a moment, got to her knee as if trying to figure out the situation from there.

Taking a moment to blow one of zombie-blue twin tails out of her way.

"This is most exciting, sir! Squats, indeed!" she chirped, clearly eager to try something new without her leg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread