Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Open) Touching Base

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

OOC

2. Likes Pixie Styx, unlimited sink liked this post
    T

The sandman's eyes roved over the garment as if trying to read it, a serious expression on his face. Slowly his face split into a wide grin and his eyes opened with delight. "Ha ha ha HA! I LOVE IT!" He exclaimed.

"Do you know I was expecting something with brighter colours? But I realise now that that would simply be garish. Why this stands out and yet at the same time has a sort of..." He looked like he was searching for the right words and finally threw his hands in the air in delighted resignation. "I don't know, but what it has I love it!" He repeated.

"How... How much is it?" He asked gingerly, thinking of her offer of a discount and hoping it would be enough. "I'm afraid this boutique is rather more than my current funds would allow. But if you have some sort of credit option that we could work out." He said, hoping he wouldn't insult the woman. The piece was clearly worth more than he could afford, and the only way he would be able to have it was through her generosity and his promises.

Agreed on ending this ASAP.

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

Daisy's smiles brightly at Terri's easy acceptance, and comforting smile, the scent of her mantle reinforcing the point.

Daisy's attentions are quickly drawn to Helen. Her voice, the tempo kept, and her ink stained fingers, and she know just what labors her cousin had undergone.

"'You have been worked…”"
    Helen says, and Daisy has she remembered endless hours with the clay and stone in front of her, she remembers the kiln-The Kiln, flames licking crawling higher higher always-Sly claws to her shoulder bring her short because was about to invoke a clause, it would be costly because there was not heat-no fire-no flames-here. Sly's claws retreat when Daisy stills, closing her eyes to take a breath, thankful for the comforting scent of backed bread.

When Helen offers to pay for her dress, Daisy almost spoke harshly towards her cousin. That of course she should, she brought about memories best left forgotten, made her remember the fire...but there was a reason Daisy chose Spring, and let go of the spiteful words before they could place more of a sour taste upon her tongue.

"Oh!" she begins instead of the sour spiteful words, "I would not be apposed to such a gift." she says with an equally bright smile. Surly the Author would not have offered if she could not pay...and Daisy really wished to wear one of these wonderful pieces...her eyes sparkling with Artemis' enthusiastic laughter. "But what would look best upon me. Perhaps something to play off my hair?"

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The grin that spread across Terri's face at Artemis' reaction was one of genuine appreciation, the perfect reaction to the bold suit. When he inquired to the price, rather than risk the possibility of embarrassing him in front of the others, she turns to the counter and jots down a note on headed, bronze-coloured paper, folding it before passing it to the giant.

Artemis' Note

As Daisy mentioned a colour to match her hair, Terri suddenly flourished a long jade green dress in front of her and Helen, with sparkling jewels along the torso. "If you prefer something less sparkly, I'll be able to find it. However, and this is just my professional opinion, the jewels will blend against your skin tone perfectly."

Ergo, the mantra of Treetop Fashions: Don't be held back by your inhibitions.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Helen does not miss Daisy's reaction, nor Sly's, to her words. And she feels dismayed. The last thing she means to cause is pain. She only wants Daisy to know that she is not alone. Still, perhaps Helen's Spring is slightly different than Daisy's. To enjoy life in spite of the terror they've all known, yes. But not to forget. Forgetting serves nothing, desire is worthless without memory. The flower blooms but does not, cannot forget. 'But Spring shall come and flowers will bloom / and man must chatter of his doom,' she reminds herself.

All of this is for another time however: they have a dress to buy, and of course Helen has the means to buy it.

Helen nods appreciatively at the garment Terri produces, her obsidian eyes shining with delight. "Oh yes! Daisy, you must try this one."

OOC

T

Artemis was not oblivious to the other conversation occurring and when the green dress was flourished he nodded in approval. "My dear," he began to Daisy, "you simply must accept. That dress would really set off your hair."

He took the note and read it, his eyebrows rising with surprise again. He hadn't really thought he would be able to afford anything here until now and though he might be a bit behind on his rent because of this purchase, it would definitely be worth it. After all it seemed to make Terri happy to dress people well and it would be a shame to disappoint her after she went to the trouble of picking out a suit for him.

"I would love to purchase this fine ensemble." He said to Terri happily. "You are most generous and I'll not forget this fine gesture. What else do you need from me? Measurements?"

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

The green dresses sparkle draws out a delightful, "Oh!" from the fawn. "This simply is beautiful!" Daisy raises a delicate finger to lightly graze the fabric. "But will the silhouette work?" referring to the mermaid style of the dress, "I do not wish you to labor over this to allow for my..." Daisy trails off once more. Her mind echoing other labors, both near and far. Internally flinching away from such an effort, even if she had already asked for alterations earlier. Then her eyes sparkles as an idea blossoms within her mind, "What of something with an asymmetrical hem?"

Daisy's pitch black eyes dark around the Treetop Fashions, searching for something as Artemis and Terri speak, Daisy steps away from the others. "Oh!" she gasps, "What of this? Or perhaps this?" she asks, pulling two different dresses, hoping that Terri wouldn't take offence to her own searching. "Though I must admit I do fancy the second one just a tad more..."

Alex Rivers

For someone who works in a clothing store, Alex knows surprisingly little about fashion. He just nods appreciatively at the others as they make their selections.

"All of those look good. Well, they sure look good to me. I'm not really any kind of authority. I got hired mainly to look good in their clothes, not give expert advice. But if I'm going to be working retail for the foreseeable future I should probably learn more about all of those things. This might be a good place for that... So all of these outfits are going to be for the big Spring party?"

Alex is more than ready for the coronation, when he can finally swear and get that "too bad you can't be sure I'm not an axe murderer" monkey off his back...

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"You know what?" Terri began, placing down her choice for Daisy and examining the second one as a bright smile spread on her face, "I love your eye." It was always nice to find a kindred spirit, especially one with such good taste. "If you're happy with this, I can get it wrapped for you?"

Turning back to Artemis, the Beast picked up her tape measure, and then a small set of steps so as to reach the large man's shoulders. Climbing without any issues of balance, Terri took a few measurements, making notes on a pad nearby, darting up and down the steps between each measurement. When she was done, she smiled up to Artemis, folding away the tape measure. "There. All done. If you want to come by in a couple of days, I should have it ready in time for the party."

Even if it did mean she would be working deep into the night. Craftsmen often did.

"Well, if there is anything else that catches anyone's eye, bring it to the counter and I'll ring it through," Terri beamed, glad to have met so many new faces, even if they weren't connected quite yet. With the upcoming Spring festival, hopefully, that may change.

OOC
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

T

"If I may, Daisy. The one you have your eye on is quite a bit more daring and would show off your legs beautifully, if that's what you're intending." Artemis said with a wink.

He let himself be measured with a small smirk at the need for the set of steps. Not that Terri was short, but at his own ungainly height. "You are most generous my dear." He said again before writing his full name 'Artemis Wescott' and cell phone number on the bronzed card he'd been given then he pulled out his wallet and counted out the required notes, leaving scant behind and a rarely seen frown on the giant's face. He handed the notes and card back to Terri, but by then the frown turned to determination, then a smile as he looked around at those gathered. "Well it looks like I really should ramp up my search for a decent job in this city. It was truly lovely to meet you all and I hope to see you at the celebrations soon." He gave a salute and marched himself out of the store.

Unless stopped Artemis leaves the scene! This was a good one, thanks for joining me.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread