Ended
Watch

(1603) Garrick and Vivian

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vivian York

"Rubbish! Nonsense!" Vivian laughed and shook her head. How Garrick Marlon 's eyes were off putting to her was masked by her chuckling. They were indeed something that could be far more unsettling if you did not speak with the Haunt at all. "Of course I'm not disappointed, no need for any sort of an apology." The Daeva touched his arm lightly and walked off to the side away from the main door area.

"If I were to be upset at something like that, my Requiem would surely be full of misery." Only petty people were frustrated about such nonsense about not living up to someone's dress protocol.

"Come now, how are you doing since we last spoke?" She smiled to the Nosferatu, but it was clear in her voice. Despite his eyes and the way he dressed, she oddly wondered what he'd be like in bed. "Anything... thrilling happen as of late?"

It was far to long.

M
    Matrixchild

Approaching Garrick and Vivian with a smile Brittany said, Good evening Whip York, Mr. Marlon. I hope I'm not interrupting."

At her words of not being upset, Brittany said, "I completely agree. I don't know why people put themselves through the frustration of holding grudges forever or being petty, but when you have forever I guess some forget what it's like to move on."

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A flicker of a smile grows into a real one as Garrick nods and follows Vivian away from the main floor. Garrick's head hangs for a moment before he shakes it slowly.

"Nothing good in the thrilling area. I am Acknowledged within the Domain again." A small shrug follows. "Just have to keep paying dues." All depends on if Prince Clarke feels like making examples. Garrick nods to Brittany as the Savage walks over. Stilling only a moment as fear outweighs rage.

"I knew a few people back home who would gladly hold a grudge forever." The bright side of that was that messing with them wasn't really going to make things worse. "But I bet our kind can do it far worse."

V
    Vivian York

“Good evening. And please, since I’m not your Whip, do call me Vivian.” She grinned with a subtle wink.

“Certainly there are some things one can never forget. But generally speaking, those are deserved grudges and not petty in the slightest.” The Daeva could think of a couple directly in the forefront of her mind.

Pondering what the Gangrel had to say, she offered up something else. “Well, considering what I’ve witnessed in the past years, we do not have forever. Sure, if we play our cards right we can have it. But sometimes, it’s quickly snatched away if one doesn’t know how to keep their tongue in check.”

Shrugging, she fluttered a hand to pass on to the next topic, or attempt to. “Yes, I noticed something was amiss, Garrick. I’m glad you had that straightened away.”

“Pity that there was no excitement… I do love some mild musings or at least debauchery now and again.”

M
    Matrixchild

With a broad smile Brittany offered a bow of her head and said, "Of course Vivian, thank you. I guess sometimes we're groomed to be extra careful when it comes to titles and words, what with the grudges some can hold," she said as a way to acknowledge what Garrick had added.

Following along with Vivian's point she added, "well exactly. There's a fine line between petty and justified and I have seen many dance all over that line, blurring it into nothing." She looked up and she nodded to the words, "that is true. We can all go just as easily as a Kine if we don't watch ourselves."

"That's good to hear," she said, following after Vivian's words to Garrick. She remembered that not long ago he was the Nosferatu Priscus. What did he do to mess that up she wondered.

At Vivian's mention of debauchery Brittany let out a giggle. "Debauchery and mischief are always fun. Anything to break up the norm right?"

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A snort of laughter escapes Garrick and the Nosferatu can only turn it into a soft laugh. "Mischief and debauchery mean entirely different things in a setting like this don't they." A hand motions to Court. O wait Vivian...right. Garrick looks to the side and then back to the two women.

"It's just hard to get a good buzz going now." The Haunt grimaces, drinking had been a good escape before. "Haven't really tried too hard, getting sick once like that was once."

V
    Vivian York

“Oh I was groomed to be prim and proper since I could walk and talk. Perhaps why I like to shirk those ways and say to hell with it all. Unless it is required of me, or it serves another purpose then I don’t deem it necessary. I’ve thought to join those of the First Estate. Doubtful they’d have me. I’m far too outspoken.” She never did ask Asa or Twist their opinions on the matter. Perhaps she would ask Twist at some point soon. There was only one issue joining that covenant…

Vivian chuckled softly. “Garrick. Have you tried drinking from someone who is drunk or drug induced. It would probably help your buzz…”

“Speaking of joining things, have either of you thought to join a Covenant? If you’ve thought on any, what pros and cons have you considered?” There was not tone to hint at overshadow of judgment to be passed from Vivian. She wanted their honesty, if it was possible.

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany looked up longingly. "Oh I definitely miss getting buzzed...you know in like the normal Kine way. It's not the same to me when you feed on a drunky. I kind of like the fight before hand," she said with a devilish grin.

Looking to Vivian Brittany chuckled. "Yeah I've never been the prim and proper one. I was raised in a rural area so we just kind of made due with what we had. Couldn't spend too much time on manners so I doubt I'd fit in with the First Estate." She could probably make it work, but the real question is, 'would she want to?'

At the mention of covenants Brittany tensed. Was this a trap? What was the right answer? Should she really be honest? She settled on somewhere in the middle between reserved and honesty.

"Well I haven't thought much about it. I tend to enjoy my independence but I do have some stray thoughts I guess. I imagine if one wanted power or to get ahead in things the First Estate would be a good choice, though I wouldn't be surprised if I were considered some type of black sheep since I can be a little too laid back, at least from what I've seen as an outsider. For a while I had thought about the Movement because they connect to Kine, and I still try and stay connected to the Kine, but last time I spoke to Konrad and Martine," she said with a tone implying she didn't have high opinions of the woman, "were not exactly welcoming in their tone. All this high and mighty talk about freedom and liberty like they were the new founding fathers. Not exactly a great impression of the covenant. I haven't looked too much into the other three, though I consider myself a staunch Atheist so Lancae is out and probably the Crone too, though I don't know much about them. I just wouldn't consider myself the 'True Believer' type.. Maybe Ordo? But then again I'm only good at keeping normal secrets. The kind of secrets they like to keep may not fit me. So that's kind of my impression at least."

Had she said too much? Overexposed herself too much? Only time would tell.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth scurried towards the Unaligned. He kept his smile thin and closed lips. It was either that or risk hissing in challenge or shriek in fear.

"Mr. Marlon, Miss York, Miss Hastings. I hope I'm not intruding but I couldn't help but overhear your comment that as Atheist you didn't feel welcome within the Lancea." Had he been listening to their entire exchange?

"I feel it's my responsibility to clarify that there are Atheist among the Sanctified. The exotheist movement is one of the younger Creeds but it does exist." Or at least they were willing to allow Atheisism within the Creed. The Creed walked a tight rope. Again, Kenneth was glad Sterling wasn't attending court tonight.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

I walked down from the stairs, listening carefully. I gave polite nods here and there at what I was sure were awkward looks of who the fuck is this guy? which was expected. Finally, I heard a voice speak up , the only familiar one in the room.

Approaching the group slowly, so as to not give start and to allow my beast time to get it's shit together I waited quietly for someone in the gaggle of grizzly guests to acknowledge me. Besides, I had something to think about. My Priscus seemed to be part of the Lance. Ugh. But what can you do. Besides, behind that Mask there might be a terrifying beast. That's what I hope when people look at me and my Mask anyway, might as well give others the same...courtesy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.