THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

There was a steak house on the north side of Davis that had seen better days. When it was built, the owner had attempted to carry the image of the pioneering days of yore, but there efforts had come off as second rate. Later owners had resurrected the venue by attempting to tap into the college set - again playing to the pioneer theme - and again had missed their mark. Now the steakhouse simply coasted on the long, slow, road to deadly irrelevance.

The two things it did have was booths (big, secretive, screened well from one another) and low customer turn-out. Together they generated a pall of quiet privacy, which was exactly what Crowley wanted for this meeting. That the food was passable certainly helped (the steak was average but they did something with their fries that he really liked -mmm crunchy!) And a final plus: it was not in Sacramento. Situated in a nearby town, the venue was a perfect neutral ground.

Crowley got there first on his bike (quietly enjoying the thrill of putting the machine through its paces along the back roads between the state capital and the nearby college town). He picked a safe spot where they could converse in peace - a hidden place screened from view by a rather high "low" wall, overflowing with potted plants and framed by old saddlery accoutrements.

He waited for the others, sipping on a light beer.

Xander Truce Vassagon linkrulesx10 Flidais

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Equipment: Mid-Size Car, First Aid Kit, Magical Tool, Smart Phone

Truce arrives, dressed in a deep burgundy buttoned shirt and gray terrycloth sports coat. He'd driven, of course, and carries with him a class ring on his finger and a smart phone in his pocket. The venue is outside of his usual routes and it takes him a little while to find it. He has to double check the sign out front to make sure it matches the location Crowley had given him.

Because of the privacy the booths offered, Truce is forced to ask one of the hostesses if a man of Crowley's description has arrived. Only then does Truce find Crowley. The Necromancer has a soft smile for an expression as he sits down at the booth.

"Hello, Crowley. So, Emrys. That's an interesting choice. What brought that about?" he asks, hoping to garner some information before the man in question arrives.

Flidais appears wearing normal clothes that a normal human would wear that were totally normal in a everything is normal way. Nothing magical here!

"Well should be interesting to say the least." Flidais muses as she appears in shortly after Truce does.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Emrys

PRE

Emrys wasn't sure why they had gone all the way to Davis when he had already been in the cabal sanctum twice, but beggars can't be choosers. Besides, it was rare that Emrys was in the car long enough to just let his mind wander and think. He stopped counting the number of meetings he had been to to form or recruit for a cabal, and a part of him wondered if he had made a mistake at the Circle when he decided to talk to the Archangels.

The Enchanter wore his usual black jeans, wind breaker and running shoes. It wasn't especially formal, but then neither was the person wearing it. He pushed aside his doubt as he finally found the steak house, though it took him a moment to find Crowley. Unlike Truce who asked the staff, Emrys simply smiled to them and went around the restaurant, quickly glancing into booths as he searched for the trio.

"Hello folks." He said as he finally found the right booth. A smile flickered up for a moment as he slid into the booth with the others. "Did Crowley mention why I asked to talk?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley beamed like the cheshire cat as the others gathered around his table.

"I hope so," he admitted to Flidais.

To Truce: "He called me asking if we were looking for more people to join us. I thought he was tied up with another crowd - and I said as much - but...."

He paused as Emrys slid into the booth.

"Well... I guess you can quiz him about that now." He gestured expansively with his hands. "Hope you like the place, by the way. The fries are... intriguing. Foods okay. Thought we might try a truly neutral venue, right out of town. And - heh - I think they got the privacy thing just sweet..."

He trailed off, abruptly realising that yes, their booth was well hidden. So well hidden they might be completely overlooked by the wait staff...

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce puts on a smile as Flidais and Emrys join them. He slides into the booth further to make room. If the wait staff do appear, Truce will order a water and a seven ounce steak with fries.

He answers Emrys, "Yes, he has mentioned it. Most of our meetings with potential members have been with new arrivals. But you've been a long-standing member in the community. There's no question about who you are and what you bring to the table. But I would like to know what you expect of us and the direction our group is taking. So, I'd like to hear your questions first and foremost."

Emrys

PRE

Emrys nods to Truce, contemplating what he actually wanted verse just another option.

"Well, I can only really think of two things I want from you guys. First and foremost the chance to help with the university, because I've been through two Apartments now looking for that chance without success. The second is respect for myself and my decisions, something I know I've struggled with in the past but promise to return to you."

While he wanted it from all of his cabalmates, he knew it was Truce he had to convince. It had been a year, but he remembered what he had said about Gyges. He also knew he wouldn't be here now if nobody took it as a warnings sign against him.

"As for your direction, I have no strong opinion on the matter. This was your thing long before it will be mine, so as long as you can give me what I asked for first, I can support whatever mission statement you guys have. What form that takes I'll leave to you."

Fingers tapped idly on the table for a second. Emrys' looked around for a moment wondering if they'd ever get service as he considered his questions.

"I guess my first question is what exactly do you guys want for your groups direction? Last I heard you were hunting fountains as a theoretical goal."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Yeah. We have... sort of let that one go. Its too vast a goal and requires more resources than we can muster right now. I'd like to think its an aspirational thing, but thats all it is right now. I believe we have settled on being more focussed about our local area - keeping an eye on that, watching for trouble, that sort of thing. We're still into the whole... Watcher... thing."

Crowley filled the void, shooting Truce a glance and then letting his eyes roam over to Flidais . There had been talks of patrols at one point and perhaps - with four - they could be implemented.

It has been about 4 days - le BUMP

Flidais flashes a predatory smile. "Respect is a funny word, it is used so often but every treats if differently. I cannot agree to respect your decisions, similarly I cannot expect you to respect mine... At least not with a broadly worded request. As for your question, I think Truce and Crowley can answer it better than me."

"What caused you to be without a group?" Flidais asked with all the subtly of a charging rhino.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce trades a look with Crowley before settling on Emrys again. It's interesting how he phrases his intentions. Help with the University implies a chance to deal with the Banisher threat. And Emrys needs a team to thwart their position. Had his interest in Temoins du Sud been sparked by the announcement of their recent encounter with the Banishers?

"You want respect and an opportunity to confront our enemies, is it? But you don't care about our mission statement? I'm not sure I agree with those priorities. To be honest, I think our direction needs more clarity. Our group's formation was originally one of convenience. Einstein was perhaps the most vocal about our focus and activity, but she has left. I believe we're ready to revisit our objectives and revise them, so I would prefer more input from our group's members in that regard."

"Trust and respect will be earned on an individual basis. It's not something that can be guaranteed simply by walking under our banner. I can promise that your opinions and decisions will be heard and considered. And I hope you will be willing to hear others."

Truce closes his eyes, folding his hands in front of him as he lets out a breath. "That being said, I do want you to be part of this group, Emrys. Even if we don't manage to agree on everything, I think your presence will be good for us." His eyes open, returning their gaze. "But I hope you're not just using us as a means to take on the University. We are not warriors. We will stay watchful of danger and warn others, but our risks are weighed carefully before taking action."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread