Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Milk? In... tea?"

Gross, yo.

"Who even does that? I can see it in coffee, because, coffee's just pretty nasty -- although I drink mine plain. Black. I can't remember when I started drinking coffee, and I don't really like it, right, but I end up drinking it for work. I figured if I learned to drink it nasty, I wouldn't ever have to worry about whether the, ummm, condiments? Were available."

It's amazing how much coffee is involved in standing around talking to cops, reporters, support group meetings...

"But, yeah, that show is pretty good. One of the better things on, I guess. I'm not really sure because Comcast is kind of being jerks about running cable to a movie theater, and DISH wants a commercial account for a commercial building, so, like. It's not like We watch much teevee anyway." That's We-we, not cabal-we. "I mean, let's be real."

A slight shift in posture dipped the Guardian closer.

"Aren't we kind of, you know, vigilante superheroes?"

And that's Awakened-we, not We-we.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"It's not much different than a tea latte. I'm sure they have those at Starbucks. But I drink black tea for the same reason. I'm told it has the same caffeine content as regular coffee."

As Star dips in conspiratorially, Truce feels obligated to follow suit. "Yes...I suppose you could look at it that way," he says awkwardly. "Upholding Justice and Truth for the greater good without any thanks from the masses that we attempt to save."

There's something uplifting in the idea. A colorful, if a bit childish, interpretation of their roles as Awakened Souls. Poetic, in a way, if one were to indulge in it. Though there is little proof that the masses could even be saved. Their condemnation to remain Sleeping beneath the weight of the Abyss. But then, that only further proved that they, the few, were special and gifted.

"So, what would your super hero name be?" asks Truce, humoring the concept. Or had he chosen his Shadow Name with that purpose in mind?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Okay, tea latte? Not any better."

A tongue stuck out and eyes squinted like a long forgotten Mr. Yuk green sticker.

"And, my superhero name? Geez. I, like, don't even know that many superheroes. Unless you mean, you know, my superhero name. I mean, hmmmm. You probably, yeah, like this isn't the one I used when I came to Sacramento? And it's actually, I dunno, a nickname?"

It's been a long time. Back when there was an Ozymandias and a Cut. Except maybe Cut never really went away. Right, Omar? Hands tattooed out a soft drumroll.

"It is what it is. The Last Starfighter."

There's laughter in the greenish-blue eyes, and a pause to polish off the second beer.

"You?"
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce tries to keep a straight face a moment before expelling a puff of air. "I'm not laughing," he says quickly and apologetically as he attempts to contain further laughs. "It's a fine name. Wasn't that a movie? I feel like I've heard it before somewhere," he adds, trying to further conceal what might have been a rude reaction.

"My name? Let's see... How about 'The Incredible Shrink'? Bruce Banner by day, therapist by night," he smiles, rather proud of himself. Of course a number of other ideas come to him now that he's opened the box. Ghostwalker, Ghost Whisperer, Twilight Avenger, but all of those would be a little too revealing in public.

"Hrm, speaking of which, I think I should shrink my own head down a bit. I'm starting to feel those drinks in me. Perhaps we should call it a night?" he suggests, finishing off the last bit of his second drink.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Dude, you can laugh."

A soft snicker escaped.

"Come on, who hasn't laughed at someone else's name? But, yeah, it was totally a movie. You know, I just realized, I can Google up whether the aliens in that movie were the same ones as the aliens in 'Enemy Mine'. I think they looked the same? Maybe they weren't, and someone was just, you know, recycling." Beware the chinchilla Death Blossom. "Hulk, shrink, I get it. That's solid."

Honestly? It was a little weird, but clearly he was proud of himself. And, really, nothing else jumped out, so...

"Silver Surfer?"

Silver. Ladder. A hand made a dismissive wave.

"Yeah, who knows. But, sure, no worries. Take off. I'm going to have, like, maybe one more. And then see if Kevin wants to, like, duet. On '99 Red Balloons'."

Because getting thrown out isn't nearly as embarrassing when you're alone.

Good to wrap, Vassagon , thanks for the Scene!
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Vassagon liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce snaps his fingers as he makes the connection. "Oh, very clever!" he says with some excitement. "Though I'd be terrible at surfing," he admits with a light chuckle.

He stands from his high seat and pushes it back into place. "Well, Star, thank you very much for inviting me out. This was fun. And for me, that's saying something. Just be safe whenever you do head home. And I'll give you a call sometime soon about that sketch artist business."

With a wave and a smile, Truce begins to head towards the exit.

Truce exits scene. Great scene!

9. Likes West liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread