Arnold had asked Obsidian to meet him in the parking lot of Granite Regional Park. She doesn't find him in the lot, but instead catches sight of a wide shouldered figure wearing a fedora lounging on a park bench just inside the park beneath a streetlight. There are no other people around. As she looks, the man raises a hand to wave to her. That must be the Reeve.

Obsidian approaches the Reeve. When she is close enough, she says, "Mr. Culler?"

"The big man stands as Obsidian nears. "Hello, Obsidian. Thank you for coming."

"I believe we can help each other, as well as help the City," says Obsidian, stepping closer.

She is not intimidated by his sheer size compared to her frail frame. It is his lack of Beast as she faces him, knowing he is Kindred, feeling he isn't, which stirs her own.

These Nosferatu always unnerve me.

"Is this a safe place for open discussion?"

Arnold gestures to the empty park. He smiles a bit in the dark "We are alone. This is my Domain. We are safe."

Never trust you are alone or that you are safe.

Obsidian looks around the park, seeing shadows upon shadows, but nothing beyond what normal eyes can detect.

"I wish to pool our resources to find O-Yama. I have information that may help."

Arnold nods "Yes, I know. First, though, I wanted to let you know that I am looking to fill a Deputy position. Are you at all interested?"

Obsidian pauses, somewhat taken aback.

"Deputy? Me? I'm ... not flattered ... I'm honored. This is important. I am not a warrior, though. Could you tell me how you see me fullfilling the role of Deputy? I want to be sure my abilities are within the duties of such a position."

"There is more to upholding the Law of the Domain, as well as protecting the city, besides prowess in battle. I am a warrior, and my Deputy, Regina Pia, is a warrior. However, my other Deputy, Markos Connelly, is not. He is skilled in information networking, interacting with people, rather than combat."

"I wanted to talk to you about your abilities. Tell me, what do you view as your strengths? Your skills? What disciplines have you skill in?"

As the topic turns back to herself, the relaxed and confident Osidian returns.

"I am good with people, but my true talents shine with 'alternative' methods of investigation. As you know, I am an Acolyte of the Circle of the Crone. I have learned a rituals that open windows to hard to find information. I have ways of extracting information from people, mortals, that is hard to resist. With proper preparation, I can witness events at locations in which I am absent. I have an affinity with entities beyond this world."

Obsidian hesitates, then reveals, "The information I have access to is often symbolic and requires ... interpretation, but that is where my communication skills come in. In fact, I have some information regarding O-Yama that eludes me, but might be more meaningful to someone who has been in the area longer than I."

Arnold listens attentively while Obsidian names her strengths and abilities. Afterward he nods, satisfied with what he's heard.

"I knew you were of the Circle, and that you might be able to help me with finding O-Yama. The rest just confirms my opinion that you might make a good addition to my staff."

"First, why don't you tell me what you know about our missing friend."

Obsidian pulls a folded paper from her pocket and hands it to Culler. There are two pictures on it. The first is a semi-circle with lines streaming out from it. The second looks like an airplane.

"I saw these two images in a vision. The semi-circle could be a sun, or it could be an eye, closed maybe. I'm going to look for company logos to start, but otherwise, it doesn't look familiar. The airplane could indicate an airport, or a plane, or could also be part of company logo. It was difficult to determine if the two images are separate but relavant, or part of one interacting image. My first impression is a transport company."

Obsidian hesitates, then says,

"I know these images may seem vague, but when you finally see the connection, it will seem almost too obvious. I trust my instincts, and you should trust yours."

Arnold takes the piece of paper, looking at the pictures.

"What you've seen corroborates what I've discovered in my investigations. The semi-circle is a sun. The company is called Horizon Pharmatech. The airplane is interesting, however. I'll have to look into that. Still, there can now be little doubt that we're on the right track."

He looks back up at Obsidian, meanwhile pocketing the slip of paper. "Well done. I'm coming to have a lot of respect for the Kindred ability to use visions and blood magic to reveal information."

"So you will take the position of Deputy?"

"Yes, I accept. I would like a little instruction on the authority give to this position, as I would not want to overstep my bounds."

"You have the authority to investigate any situation or individual you find important enough to devote the attention to, though I would like you to always keep me informed. My office carries a great deal of respect in the city, and I don't think that you will find anyone hampering you in any way. Should that happen, however, you need only let me know and I will have it taken care of."

"Does that answer your question?"

"Yes, thank you," says Obsidian, letting the title of Deputy sink in. "Will I be joining you in the investigation into O-Yama? Or are there more pressing matters to attend to?"

Arnold nods "I expect that you will. For now, though, simply remain on the lookout for Kindred who appear to be new to the city. I will provide you with information on every known Kindred in the city and it will be part of your job to direct any who are not acknowledged to Priscii or the Seneschal."

"Yes, Sir."

Obsidian starts a quiet brainstorm, weighing the implications of her new position.

One step higher in the Hierarchy. There will be eyes watching. Each word, each step, must be a little more careful.

She looked up, around, and down, for a moment, then back to Reeve Culler.

"Thank you."

Thank you, Papa Legba for opening this door. Thank you Goddess the world you have set me in.

Arnold nods, handing her a card with all his information including his phone, e-mail, and office location at the Sundown. "I'll talk to you soon, Deputy Obsidian. I'll spread the word of your position. Inform me if anything comes up."

Their meeting is obviously over, Arnold bids Obsidian goodnight and leaves the scene.