Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi was not prepared. Oh, no she wasn't. Stepping into the Quicksilver Gate she knows she should have known more about it then Terri Nutkins has a shop here. But even as the overwhelming feeling of being in place with so much hustle and bustle, the petite elemental couldn't help the grin that spread across her face.

"Ooh Shiny." she coos. Both over the multitude of shop, but also for the crowd this might indeed become a favored haunt for her, to hunt simple treasures from other patron's pockets....her fell-flame eyes caught sight of many a mark, but no. Today wasn't for lining her own pockets, no, it was to find something she had been desperately needed.

A pair of gloves. Quicksilver fingernail drip. Quicksilver Gate. Mhairi was fairly certain she would find something she could work with here.

Sure, no one had made comment of her drippy fingernails, but she was self-conscious about them. Plus, drippy and sticky-even though the quicksilver drip wasn't sticky at all, instead burning up, and back into Glamour before it really hit anything...but...still.

So Mhairi began her hunt for the perfect pair or pairs of gloves. And maybe some more pieces for her wardrobe. She had a freshly cashed paycheck burning a hole in her pocket. Not literally, but....Mhairi gave a mental shrug. And cast her eyes about the vast, vastness of the Quicksilver Gate.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

A
    Autumn

There were too many people.

Shane could feel it under his nails, sweat and breath. He sipped his lukewarm decaf coffee and sat with the feeling on his isolated bench, shoulders hunched. If this was supposed to be the welcoming place for the newly found Shane had to question exactly whose comfort it was made for, because even months out of the Hedge he had trouble going under that fucking silver arch at the doors. It rubbed some raw nerve in a scarred crater of his memory.

It could too easily be a trap; there were too many ways he could think of using this place against someone exhausted and stumbling, unsure of the world. Buy them a new coat, a hot meal, take them into the cool back rooms of storage space, let the rhythm of human footsteps assure them that nothing terrible could happen.

(That's how he would do it.)

He needed to go for a walk.

Shane rose abruptly to his feet and began another lap of the retail space, all too aware of the attention he was starting to draw from the employees he was passing. It was apprehensive curiosity, for now, but sooner or later the crazy pacing homeless guy was going to have to go. He'd give this place one more walk and then he'd be done. He'd be done, he'd go somewhere quiet, and maybe he'd even sleep.

So of course it was on his last planned circuit he finally found what he'd been looking for.

She shone like a small sliver of starlight against the backdrop, flitting from place to place as Shane turned the corner, and he stopped still. He was always bad at this part, where he tried not to look like a monster made in a butcher's shop. He sucked a breath between his teeth, fingers tightening around his paper coffee cup until it crumpled and splashed all over his hand and sleeve.

"Oh, damn it--" Shane stepped back from the spill, hotly aware of stares on him, and considered just making a run for it while he was ahead.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

As the petite elemental's fell-flames darted every-which-way, she began noticing when just about everyone started looking in one particular direction. Which tugged at her curiosity, especially when she hears a masculine voice softly curse. Mhairi turns to see just who, or what had drawn all these muggle eyes.

She see's the Ogre as he steps away from his spilled coffee, it's not the blood, or the bones she notices first, but cold light of his Winter mantle. "You're-ah sparkly." she says, before flushing. "Not uh-sparkly as in sparkly....not that I don't think you aren't sparkly cause you kinda-More like shiny. Yep. Shiny is a better word." she slaps her hand to her temple. "Uh-I'll shut up now."

A heartbeat, then another.

"Oh-I guess that-that was a-ah lie. Sorry." she says stepping closer. Slowly though. She didn't know if this Ogre was friend or foe. She didn't know how fresh from the Hedge and Other places he was, but she knew that the Freehold Oath didn't sing between them. Oh and she also knew that she would love to see Ramona Bohannon ...because having a trusted and frankly awesome badass Ogre and new Iron Queen at her back meeting this...potential baddie would be awesome. And maybe if tall bloody and brooding was cleared she might bug the Smith about her war fans.

The Ogre's rugged appearance and the you know, blood and icky boney parts unsettling her, but she tried to focus on the homelessy part of his look. "My name is Mhairi. I have napkins. Because I do. Don't laugh." she says, wriggling her drippy fingernails at him. Even with the burning up into Glamour bit, she still liked whipping up after herself. With her trademark crooked smile she offered up the napkin in question.

The place might have been different, but this strangely reminded Mhairi of her first meeting with Keith . Completely by chance and when she was after something else.

"So-ah let's go find a garbage can." she comments, both for the lent, (and please don't return napkin) and his crushed coffee cup.

4. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

New screwdriver, and maybe some scrap metal or wood, if there was any to be had, to see what she could make with it, and also she needed to stop and buy some bread and there was this amazing little bakery with fresh fluffy bread and...

Evelynn missed the cursing man, but she spotted Mhairi because it was hard not to spot Mhairi, what with the way she practically glowed. Grinning, she trotted forward, coming up behind the elemental while stuffing her purchases into her bag. "Hiya Mhairi, fancy meeting --"

The man came into view then, all blood and bones and horns, and Evelynn found herself peering up at him with wide eyes from over Mhairi's shoulder. "Oh, uh, hi, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there, I, uh," A pause while her gaze shifted from the man to her fellow Freeholder, "Didn't realize you were with somebody." Somebody without the pledge, at that. No reason to assume he was a bad guy, she supposed, but he certainly cut an imposing figure, and she remembered being by herself when she met Keith. It always felt better to be around someone pledged to help you when you were greeting a newcomer. Never can be too careful, right?

6. Likes liked this post
    A
    Autumn

Shane ran small, as ogres went, but he understood a bit better how the true giants had to feel while he was in front of these two.

"Thanks." He gingerly took the napkin from Mhairi, careful not to touch her bare skin, and dabbed ineffectively at his sleeve as he crouched to pick up the cup. He tilted his head up and glanced between the pair, still hunkered down. "Shane. I'm Shane. I'm not..."

He hadn't smiled yet. He offered one up tentatively as he straightened, close-mouthed and slightly abashed.

"I'm not from around here." People were already flowing back to shopping, but Shane felt the oddness of their little group like a broken tooth. This wasn't the place to talk, not without someone seeing and remembering. "If you could show me where the trash is...I'd appreciate it."

"And I wouldn't laugh," he added, softly, nodding at Mhairi's hands and then gesturing at himself with a slightly wider, wryer smile. Even with the mask he was a mess, after all: a threadbare grey long sleeve cotton shirt sporting a fresh new stain, jeans with torn knees, a beat up backpack, and a pair of sneakers probably held together by more dirt than stitching.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Ohmygod! Evelynn! Hi!" Mhairi squeaks. Glad that she had someone she knew, and trusted in her corner for this meeting with the blood stained Ogre.

But Mhairi had to wonder what the Wyrd was planning having possibly the shyest and socially awkward Freeholders met Mister Bloody, and Broody.

"Hello Shane. And I think we both," Mhairi waves her hand between herself and the Wizened, "Figured that out. Not that, not being from here is a bad thing. I'm not from here, and Evelynn's not from here. But-we-uh...want to make here, not-here-here as in the market-here, home." Mhairi sighed, and started walking over to where she a trash can should be, turning only to motion for the others to follow her.

"Thanks." she whispers at the Ogre. Understanding his meaning. "Good thing we're-ah here. You-ah look to-to be in more-ah need of a-ah new wardrobe then I am!" she says, a light teasing edge to her tone.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

PRE

Tongue poking out between her lips, a tick of either nerves or concentration, depending on the situation, and Evelynn dipped her head in greeting as Shane introduced himself. She offered him a quick smile and followed Mhairi. "It's um, good to meet you, Shane."

Why oh why did it seem that Evelynn ended up playing welcome wagon to so many Changelings? It had to be the Wyrd's version of a joke, right? Picking our her to run into Hank, Mhairi, Keith and now Shane. But at least this time (and the first time) she'd been with a fellow Freeholder. And hopefully Shane wouldn't flash a knife in an ill-conceived display of trust. Although, all things considered, that hadn't gone that badly.

Shane was gesturing to himself and his clothing, and Evelynn realized that his clothes - even without the fresh coffee stain - looked like they were going to fall apart at any moment. "Oh! I could..." Evelynn began, and started shrugging out of her coat, only to trail off with a faint blush lighting her cheeks. She was wearing a coat, despite the fact that the weather was slightly too warm for one. She just always ran a little cold. But she didn't need it, and that newly discovered maternal instinct was coming to the fore again, because she remembered what it was like before she took the Oath and she felt alone in the world. She was going to offer it to Shane as something to wear in place of his wet sweater, but the thought of the Ogre to wear something belonging to tiny Evelynn was almost amusing in its absurdity. "Ha. Um, never mind. But you know, there's plenty of places here to see about getting you something dry to wear." And maybe less likely to fall apart. Maybe Terri's shop, though she had to wonder if it was strictly appropriate to be bringing someone not of the Hold yet to another Changeling's place of work without permission... Well no matter, there were plenty of other shops at the Gate that would serve.

A
    Autumn

Shane was caught off-guard by their friendliness, twinging right off his earlier thoughts on new coats, but he snagged that chain of thought and throttled it back hard.

"I'm all right." He shrugged. "These are my Sunday clothes."

A beat.

"That's a joke." Shane ran a hand over his horns and through his slightly sticky hair, smile faltering, but he rallied it mostly successfully. "But I don't need anything. I was just...looking to meet people, get the word out I'm around." He crumpled coffee cup and napkin together and tossed them into the trash with a flick of his wrist. "See if there's anything for me."

He hoped that was casual enough not to put them on the defensive. Some cities on the way had been less than welcoming when he so much as implied looking for a place to settle, even for a while.

"If you wouldn't mind talking, I could buy you two a cup of coffee and maybe you could walk me through the scene here?" Shane fished in his pocket for a ragged twenty dollar bill and smoothed it out on his palm, showing it sideways as if to reassure them he had at least enough for that. "I'd appreciate it."

There was a half-wary, half-hopeful tentativeness to the question, with his hesitation etched in his drawn in shoulders and guarded expression. He didn't want to seem vulnerable. That would be unbearable. He wanted them to say yes, though, and not only for the raw practical reasons he'd come with. They weren't acting afraid. Cautious, yes, and that was smart, but not afraid.

Of course, Shane couldn't be Shane without trying to ruin everything, so he looked for fear despite hating the idea of seeing it. Or of seeing something worse.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-20 22:59:58 Shane rolls 7 to Look for negative emotions (Wits3+Empathy3+Emotions1) (10 Again) 4, 7, 5, 9, 1, 5, 6 1 success

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

There was sparkle of fear in the elemental's fell-flame eyes. Not at the sight of him, you couldn't really choose how you came Back looking like, but of the unknown danger he could represent. Loyalists and Privateers The thought echos like it did once before in the back garden of Edna's.

Mhairi tried to shake away those thoughts, not wanting to assume and feel like an ass for doing so, when all those paranoid thoughts were groundless. But it always was a good idea for 'lings to keep an eye out. Just in case. But as they meander near the trash cans, hearing Shane speak Mhairi couldn't help how her heart melts, a warm feeling echoing Evelynn's maternal instinct rises. For a blood covered, and bone-horned Ogre he was surprisingly adorable.

Mhairi really, really hoped that he wasn't a baddie plotting to do evil under his adoribleness. But hey, they were still in public, and if they stayed on their toes...

"Sure. Coffee sounds-sounds ah-good." she smiles. "Yeppers. Good. Or...well, better then good. I-ah do like my caffeine!" she chirps. Then a thoughtful look crosses her face, she brings up one finger to tap her chin. "Then-ah then we could-ah find a bench or something to-ah talk. Or whatever, then maybe get some-ah shopping done. I'll-ah get you a jacket, since-ah you're-ah keeping me caffeinated buddy." she drops her hand back down to her side. "Sound-ah good Evelynn?" it takes her a moment to redden, and pipe up once more, "Not-ah the jacket getting, that's-ah happening. But uh-the coffee part."

As she waited for her fellow Telluric to reply, she looks at the traffic flowing around them, "This is-ah definitely not a-ah great place for-ah you first intro here." she says, remembering her first foray into Sacramento at large. "Least I-ah met you Evelynn and-ah Hank and uh-Ramona-the-only-club-member-at the-time, at a lonely diner...much less ah-heart-attack inducing then this." Mhairi waves her hand, gesturing to the crowded market.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn just seemed confused, for a moment, by his joke. She tilted her head, uncertain, until he specified that he'd been joking. She started laughing, that blush colouring her cheeks again, and her gaze darted downwards - she was laughing as much at herself for not getting it as she was at the actual joke.

The giggles only continued as Mhairi tripped over her words trying to explain that she was asking Evelynn about the coffee and not the jacket, and she put a comforting hand on the Elemental's shoulder for a moment, smiling. "I know what you meant. Sure, let's get coffee and find somewhere to sit!"

Evelynn made a face at Mhairi's suggestion that there were too many people here for a proper introduction into Sacramento. She had to agree, and her tongue darted back out between her lips again in thought, this time. "Uh. I mean, we could... maybe... go to somewhere else? Quieter?" She looked back and forth between the two of them, tugging on her sleeve while she awaited their responses. Of course, going somewhere quieter with the unknown - even if he seemed like a gentle giant sort - was probably risky. Last time had been fine, because Ramona was terrifying. In a good way, of course, but terrifying nonetheless.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-21 01:11:32 Evelynn rolls 7 to size him up (Wits+Emp+Spec) (10 Again) 2, 7, 5, 7, 9, 3, 9 2 successes

He seemed okay. But then, the Lord of Storms had seemed okay, too. There was something honest about him, genuine in his nervousness, and it made her more comfortable, but even so, her mind was shouting at her that he could just be a better liar than she. That wasn't difficult, after all.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-21 01:14:26 Evelynn rolls 4 to pretend like she's not freaked out (Manip+Sub) (10 Again) 10, 2, 6, 2, 10, 10, 5 3 successes

"I mean, you know, just somewhere around here. I'm sure there's a quiet corner in the Gate where we can talk." Public and private at the same time. She offered Shane a friendly smile, guilt tugging at her heart because she felt dishonest, pretending like the slight change in her suggestion wasn't because she was afraid of him, just a little. It wasn't his fault, it was only because he wasn't a Holder yet... And was it really a good thing that her voice held so steady, her smile so certain, while she lied?

To distract herself, she turned her attention to Mhairi, then, and shot her a playful grin. "Technically, I was a club member at the diner, too, you know. Not just Ramona."

13. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.