Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Finder's Keepers

Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last

Milo Chernobog

PRE

I'm on board with just being told where to start.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

I'm all for just moving ahead and being told where to go.

S
    Selena

Alright! Make way for the antique store nearest to the Trod. It has a sign posted like this. If you'd like to start a new thread, great, or we can continue here my lovelies!

I'm ok with continuing in this thread.

Yes, the shop nearest the trod is the most obvious place to look. Yes, that would make it a good location for a trap, or a decoy, or nothing at all because wouldn't somebody clever go a little farther away to fence their goods? All these things are true. They're going anyway. For the same reason that you might as well check to see if a door is locked before you try to pick it.

Ramona's truck seats two passengers. The bed can hold more, but she's loathe to violate the road laws unless it's an emergency. Whoever has no convenient method of travel gets to ride with her, failing that it's first-come first-serve. Though the ride might be a little cooler if Milo joins her in the cab. She cruises pass the shop first, getting a glance into the windows, a look at the layout, before parking about half a block away. The truck's doors seem like they should creak but they don't, and they disembark mainly in silence. The ogress checks the street, looking for red-flags, warning signs, and also their comrades that didn't make the journey with her. Once all are gathered, there's no point in delaying to the antique shop.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Lynn pulled up in a parking spot behind Ramona, having offered a ride to anyone who couldn't fit in Ramona's truck. Glancing at the shop, she made her way over to Ramona, absently adjusting the strap on her fiddle case. "How many of us are skilled at detecting 'specially crafted items'?" she asked quietly, the air quotes clear in her tone. She didn't want to chance any of the normans hearing something that they shouldn't. "I think that at least one person should be checking, just in case there's something not on that list in the shop."

6. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan had ridden with Lynn and quickly followed her motley mate to stand beside her when the duo joined Ramona. The Beast was familiar with pawn shops, as it was at such a shop where she discovered her thigh holster and its contents. Aside from securing dangerous (by norman standards) objects they tended to have no standard layout. Morgan was fairly certain that Lynn was more talking about kenning than anything else. Morgan kept her own voice low as she replied, "I ken how to kenn--uh," she struggled for a moment, making a noise between a choke and a cough.

Morgan cleared her through before continuing to ramble on wards: "That tis I know heh-how to d-d-do that. And Imma f-f-familiar with pawn shops, heh-heh. I've b-b-browsed a'fore. Several times. C-c-can probably do browser-shopper thingie easy."

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Grudgingly, and perhaps most importantly silently, Milo accepted the seat in Ramona's truck once again. There wasn't a single part of him that liked the idea, but letting the Sovereign wander off alone seemed equally wrong. So in awkward silence he sat the entire way to the pawn shop, until his liberation came into view. The Ogress hardly had the chance to park before the seat belt flew off and Milo was out the door.

"I doubt it's the items we truly need to worry about finding here." Milo said after Morgan volunteered to use Kenning for the search. "Very much doubt it."

Still, the Fairest moved forward towards the shop with the Antique Shop sign. Unless someone objects he heads inside to see what is where.

S
    Selena

Once Milo reaches the storefront, it's entirely overwhelming. Nick-knacks and jewelry everywhere on top of furniture, dressers, shelving and a slough of other items. But, they were at least displayed beautifully in a semi-organized fashion. The smell of pipe tobacco filled the store giving it a rich yet homey feeling.

The shop-keeper sat at the front desk. An older gent with reading glasses nosed over a book. A pipe hung in his mouth which was the source of the woody-cherry scent. His face lifted up over the book a moment, seeing the Fairest he tipped his head. "'Lo there." His voice was even and unobtrusive. Then he went right back to his book, not as engrossed as before, but one eye open to the door.

store

Following Milo into the store, Ramona just raises a hand at the greeting of the shopkeep and slowly lets it fall. The more subtle and social members of the party might ask him about the items they seek, not her. Hopefully not Milo. She detours immediately into the stacks and shelves, forming a mental map in her head. Finding the emergency exit isn't hard, nor doors that lead to the bathroom, store room, or office if the place has one. She notes their location in passing, and glances into the store, hoping they're alone but not expecting it. That done, she turns to the shelves themselves. The rings should be over under glass by the shopkeep and whoever may talk to him, but an hourglass should be on the shelf. And being a relatively uncommon tool in this day and age, there shouldn't be too many of them to find.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan greeted the proprieter with her usual stutter, "Heh-heh-hello s-sir godo-good d-d-day to ye."Morgan's eyes dart around just as quickly, if not more so, than Ramona's. Whilst the Sovereign might look for tactical reasons, the raccoon's own analysis was born of her instincts. It wouldn't be hard for the Beast to identify multiple exits and avenues to them, though how easy said avenues were varied quite widely. She decides to browse the shelves to try and find the less jewlery-ish tokens. Hopefully she'd sense something or spot something.

The hourglass should be easiest even if kenning failed. They just had to say it was for somebody that really liked them and they could just buy ever single one they found or something.

Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.