Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Raging Wire

Interested Parties
Apr 14, 2016 - Apr 30, 2016
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Having checked the outside out Brittany headed back to the 'launching point'. Listening to Konrad and Kenneth she added, "I can take out any guards once we get inside. And this may sound crazy, but I figured say the crazy now before regretting it, if we're here to destroy the data, why not just burn the place down." A finger came up to her brain and tapped in place. "Wait no that's bad. I bet they got some type of cloud or back-up system just in case. I wonder if we'd need to actually break in to the computer to destroy the actual data completely. That would mean access codes of some type, or hacking. I can't do hacking." The only hacking Brittany knew involved Jon Lee Miller and Hugh Jackman and she figured that wasn't even close to right. Now was one of those times she wished she had given into the blood and joined her sire's bloodline, no matter how much the idea repulsed her. Instantly she was reminded why she never wanted that and pushed the small regret out of her mind.

Then she thought about the cooling. "Another crazy idea, but why don't we go all Die Hard and go in the vents. If they're this lax on security on the outside then it's probably not crazy secure on the inside. We stop the fan then crawl through the vents? I doubt there's cameras around the A/C right? Just throwing out ideas. I'm cool going in the front, just don't have an idea for the cameras other then breaking them." She was ok if they thought she was crazy. Not if they thought she was stupid though.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya's arms are folded as she listens to everyone's options, all the while watching Konrad gather his appropriate gear. "I agree with approaching a door that isn't facing directly at the roads. The door on the side, how high is that camera?" She asks Kenneth. "I'm thinking if we can use a crates as leverage as well as cover, we can try to hold tape over the lens just temporarily for Konrad to pick the lock open, then we can pull it off once inside. If it is possible to access the vents, I'm open to trying that out but we'll have a better idea once we get inside." turning to Brittany, Katya strokes her chin. "If there is concern about the guards noticing the camera is out, perhaps Brittany or I could try distracting them by drawing them to the entrance and acting like a cute lost tourist to buy you time." she'd rather not break everyone up but she didn't know how much time Konrad needed to break in and if she wasn't good with her hands, she could try being good with her looks to help the others. "as for how to eliminate the towers, let's try to find them first and then see if there is any paperwork that might indicate it is stored elsewhere. Otherwise we might just have to rely on burning the place and hope that was enough." she eyes the van once more "Do you suppose we should take the blowtorch just in case? Starting a fire without it can be a pain." she certainly knew from experience.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Over 20 ft," Kenneth responded. He wasn't the best at judging distance but it was too tall for him to hope to jump to it, even from a shipping crate.

"Vents tend not to be as they are made out in movies. If it is possible for us to fit, it would be slow going to crawl. Additionally, without a building layout we could easily get lost."
    Of course getting lost was a risk already but at least it wouldn't take them half an hour to back track if that happened in a hallway.

"A blow torch would certainly be useful," Kenneth agreed "Assuming it doesn't cause any of us to frenzy."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"You could always use those fancy claws of yours and climb the wall," suggests Konrad in order for them to reach the camera.

"And if someone wants to carry the blow torch, I'd be fine with that. But the fire would have to be started inside the building and we'd have to disable any fire alarms to make sure fire trucks don't arrive in time. I assume they've got some sort of sprinkler system in place, but then I guess water and electronics aren't all that great together either. Probably safer and more thorough just to smash each hard drive one-by-one, cause we won't be able to confirm that the drives were destroyed after."

He opens back up the van, allowing anyone to grab the blow torch and its fuel sitting there if they so choose.

M
    Matrixchild

"Riiiight, my claws." Was it bad she had forgotten she could climb with them? "That's actually a good idea too, but didn't someone say they saw camera's on the roof?" Looking to Kenneth she added, "you're probably right about the vents though. Looks like climbing the wall or the front door are our two real options. I guess in a very technical sense I could also use those same claws to make ourselves a new entrance, like in the back where no one can see, but I'd be worried about that ending up as a potential breach which would be a total no-no."

She scratched her head as she continued to think. "But instead of us just sitting around unsure what to do, I think we should like, get out there and go in the front door, taking out cameras along the way. I mean, we're destroying the towers anyway, so they'll know someone was here eventually. The only person I'm worried about is whoever's in the security office watching the cameras. They'd be the one alerting the police and then we'd have, like, a totally bad time. Oh maybe someone should be the getaway driver and we can go in hot, shock and awe style." She was no cat burglar, she was the brute force. This was not exactly her forte.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Scanning her hand Katya curls her lip. "Unless anyone located a ladder to the roof, I'd rather just approach the side door and temporarily block that camera Kenneth spotted. I'm fine using claws to reach it as a last resort, but if we can simply use nearby crates as leverage I'd prefer to do that and avoid leaving a trace that would make police wonder how a creature can leave claw marks in a building. One of us will try to put tape over the lens while Konrad breaks in. Whoever doesn't, can stay to the side and act as a watcher in the event someone is coming. IF the door won't open or we hear security coming, then we can try to hurry and enter from the front door. "

Looking to the torch in the van, Katya reaches forward to shove it in her hoodie pocket. "We'll use this as a last resort to torch the database if we are rushed to destroy it. Perhaps if we can disable the fire alarm system we can try but let's wait and get a feel for how things are structured inside." if worse came to worse perhaps they could find a gas main to leak...but Katya didn't want explosions to be her only solution to these problems.

"So then, shall we proceed?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth of all people took up the tank and torch. He did a couple checks on the pressure and nobs, making sure everything was safely off and there wasn't a risk explosion when it was turned on. It was just like a bigger more dangerous version of a bunson burner he told himself, while trying to ignore the fact that even those small flames caused him to nearly panic every time one of them was turned on.

He then went over to his car and got out the flashlight he kept there. If for some reason (or somehow) the power went out with Brittany around, then he'd still have light that wasn't fire.

"Alright, I'm ready," he said. His voice was a little weak, like he was unsure or a fearful animal.

Equipment: Smart phone, flashlight, blow torch
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Prybar Obfuscated | 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-03-23 10:02:38 Konrad Roth rolls 5 to touch of shadow on elec.kit [WIT+Larc+Obf-3] (1s Subtract) 4, 7, 6, 7, 4 failure
    2016-03-23 10:02:02 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to touch of shadow on prybar [WIT+Larc+Obf-2] (1s Subtract) 2, 8, 10, 2, 9, 5 3 successes
    "Sounds like a plan, Katya. Let's do it."

Konrad is against Brittany's rough and tumble fallback plans. All sorts of things can go wrong when things get messy. Breaking and entering ought to be a surgical procedure. But then not everything goes by the book. They'd have to be prepared to do what is necessary to protect the Masquerade.

Konrad closes the van after Kenneth retrieves the blow torch and he moves to the edge of the parking lot, checking around for passing cars and potential witnesses to their approach. He crosses the street at a brisk walk, choosing a route that best avoids the cameras to get close to the side of the building. Once in the space between buildings he waits for the others.

M
    Matrixchild

"Works for me," she said with a smile, ready to follow the group. She was fine with stealth as the primary plan. If things got messy she had her dragon knuckles to take the guards out with. She wasn't a fan of killing, but she also knew that sometimes the hard call needed to be made. She could always cry and regret it later. In the moment, they needed to act, so she would act if needed to proect them and the Masquerade.

As Konrad moved, Brittany followed, being careful to stay out of sight if she could.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya stops to let Kenneth take the blowtorch, nodding to him and smiling in thanks. Once everyone had confirmed, she waits for Konrad and Brittany to leave first, allowing them to make it all the way across the street and to the side of the building. SHe also screens the road for passing cars or pedestrians, waiting for it to be clear before throwing her hood over her head and tucking her hands in her pockets, casually strolling across the street before walking the same path Konrad made, doing her best to avoid the range of the camera. Once she is next to Konrad and Brittany she heightens her senses to keep her ears and eyes alert for anyone heading near their direction as she waits for Kenneth.

Katya heightens her senses

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.