Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
THREADID

You Can't Handle the Truth

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

aeneas has the phone. The screen is cracked, but it still works. Though you are locked out of it. Aeneas can make a wits+computer, and with 2 successes he is not locked out.
    No one has searched anything. There hasn't been time or planning
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

The man laughs as if he's won. Bridger has heard that laugh before though. The laugh of a man who doesn't fully understand the position he's in. Bridger knows how to change that. "I think we should already question what state he's in. And no, he ain't been searched but you're welcome to check him." Bridger stepped around so that he could look the man in the face.

"Now listen you plonker. You've heard it in movies before so I'll cut right to the end. We're gonna do this the easy way...or the hard way. The easy way is you're going to answer our questions calmly and truthfully. The hard way is," he said, chuckling slightly as he paused for a moment, "well it's a lot more fun for me. So what's it gonna be?" He wasn't a monster. He'd give the man a chance to avoid pain.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The mans laughter fades. "It doesn't matter what I say. You are going to kill me anyway. I'm not leaving this room Alive, and I've come to peace with that. So go ahead. Make me hurt. But I know how this ends. You are Monsters, after all.".

T

Chuck pulled up another chair and sat comfortably on it while considering the man with an intensely curious gaze. The man obviously knew something, enough to be dangerous that was to be sure. Chuck began planning damage control in the back of his mind while he continued to study their captive. He seemed to have come to terms with what he knew. This wasn't someone who was just overly excited after seeing Red Riding Hood and walking home alone late at night; No. He spoke like someone who truly believed that the three of them were some sort of Monster. The irrefutable truth of the word stung the Elodoth's pride, though he would never let it show. There was the surveillance van and the glyph to think about. Why the hell did they think they needed a surveillance van? This was definitely part of something larger. Even when you hatched a plan with your friends you never got as far as getting a surveillance van.

"If you're right," he said with a pause, "and it doesn't matter what you say," another small silence, "then I'd be interested to know specifically why you think we might be monsters? What was it you were looking for exactly? And what were you planning on doing?" He asked with genuine curiosity. "Other than getting yourself caught and killed of course." he added with a sympathetic smile.

Is Bridger really going to start... Beating on the guy or something? Or worse? Should we put down a towel or something? Dammit, why couldn't he just let someone else think of everything once in a while.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas stared at the man. The beamed like an idiot savant - or a deranged hick archetype.

"Me? Monster? Ah canna help the way my mah raised meh. She were good woman she was. Now meh pa... hims bad." He made a pained face, with effort. Then the smile returned and with it the shifty eyes.

He moved around the room but did not draw any closer to their prisoner.

"Who says we's monsters anyway? You got anything to eat. Ahs mighty hungry."

7. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"I don't want to tell you. You don't tell the wolfman where your daughter goes to school. So fuck you 'nice guy' because you're worse than he is" he indicates Bridger with a nod of his head "at least he's honest about how he's going to treat me."
    Interrogation. Using [attribute] + intimidate, (the attribute may be of your choice to back up your statements or actions) you may try to coerce him into talking. Inflicting wounds or following up on threats will give you bonus dice, as will other circumstances.
    Warning: Torturing Matthew will be a degeneration check. This will be your only warning. Note that physical torture is not the only kind of torture, but emotional counts as well.

He looks over at Aeneas with confusion, then shakes his head.
    "Apparently someone got the shallow end of the dogpool"

M
    Matrixchild

Before Bridger could respond to the man's outburst Chuck and Aeneas comment. Before getting back to the interrogation Bridger points to a dirty cupboard to the side. "I might have some chips or something. Oh and I think I have beer." He certainly hoped he'd picked up beer.

His gaze lingered on the kitchen for a moment extra before turning slowly back to look at the man. Chuck had tried to ask questions. He had tried to go the easy way. "Hard way it is," he said with a smile. Bridger straightened up and stretched, throwing off his jacket so that all he had over his chest was a white tank top and hair. He cracked both knuckles and said, "I am honest, you're right about that." A sinister look was on Bridger's face. What he was about to do was disgusting, and unethical, and wrong. But someone had to do the wrong thing for the right reasons if they wanted to learn anything in this world.

"You are right, you're not leaving here alive. But," he said, pausing to look the man deep in the eyes. "Who knows when the end will come for you." He paused for an unusual amount of time, just staring down at the man, building suspense for the man in the chair. What would happen? When would it happen? Then suddenly anger crossed Bridger's face as he said, "Now talk," throwing a punch right to the man's gut.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-03-04 08:41:44 Bridger rolls 9 to Interrogate that fool (Str4+Intim4+Spec1) (10 Again) 6, 7, 7, 8, 2, 3, 7, 6, 6 1 success

M
    Matrixchild

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-03-04 08:46:10 Bridger rolls 2 to degen roll (10 Again) 10, 1, 4 1 success

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-03-04 16:39:23 Matthew rolls 9 to Resist Interrogation (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 6, 7, 2, 8, 5, 3, 1, 1 2 successes
    Matthew eyes bridger warily. watching for the hit, knowing its coming. The anticipation is pain enough, until the fist connect.s Matthew doubles over at the punch, spit flying from his mouth and landing on Bridger's arm.
    He coughs, and then looks at bridger "Is that the best you've got little girl?"
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-03-04 16:39:23 Matthew rolls 9 to Resist Interrogation (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 6, 7, 2, 8, 5, 3, 1, 1 2 successes

Bridger has decided to torture someone. Whatever his feelings on it, his packmates now share some of that responsibility. Chuck needs to either intervene or make a degeneration roll at +1, Aeneas at +2 (as he's not pack)

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    T

Whatever sheep's clothing their captive thought Chuck was wearing, the seams were well concealed. The Alpha didn't react as his pack-mate hit the man, though his stomach churned at the thought of what they were doing for the sake of upholding their oath and protecting their kind.
      Degen passed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-03-04 20:56:19 Chuck rolls 3 to Degen Check (Complicit with Torture) (10 Again) 9, 10, 1, 6 2 successes
    "Dishonest?" Chuck asked concern for his reputation on his face. "What makes you think I'm dishonest? Never mind. Don't answer that. But let me explain something to you. Bridger here is not like normal people. Despite the fact that he's no threat to anyone who minds their own business people like you, troublemakers like you, label him a Monster and want to hunt him down and kill him. Why? Because he is simply a perceived threat." The Elodoth pursed his lips, knowing how this must sound to the man they were torturing. "And I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that this is just more B.S. because we're proving what you suspected, yada yada yada, he's a Monster. But you came looking for trouble, so what did you expect? This is your fault for poking the bear."

He let out a small sigh, realizing that none of this was going to going to convince him to tell them anything and wondered what other angle they could take to find out how big a threat he might represent.

He let his eyes bore into the man searching for something to exploit.

Chuck uses Alpha Gifts: Sense Guilt versus subject's Resolve + Resistance.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-03-04 21:02:12 Chuck rolls 7 to Alpha Gifts: Sense Guilt (Int+Emp+Hon) (10 Again) 1, 1, 10, 2, 4, 9, 1, 1 2 successes
    "Wait. You haven't searched him? He could be transmitting his position right now." Chuck said surprised, realizing what Bridger had said before. He pulled the pistol out from behind his back and set it on a bench on the other side of the room. Then returned and walked around the chair the man was in, checking the restraints before putting himself in a vulnerable position.

Chuck will make sure the man is secure and if so search his pockets, the small of his back, his belt, ankles, forearms and shoes.
    Let me know if I need to make any rolls.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.