Watch

(1602) Katya and Martine

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Wod.Infant

Assuming Martine walks with Katya away from the couch with Konrad and the others are conversing, Katya waits until they are standing at close proximity before saying, "My apologies for not introducing myself sooner. I hadn't expected to see so many new faces this evening. But please, tell me about yourself Miss Klauser and what brings you to Sacramento."

”Nothing to apologize.” I answer quietly. It’s odd when someone apologizes to you for nothing… in fact I guess I should be the one apologizing. I was the one intruding and our kind isn’t fond of intruding’ers.

I try to reply the question by establishing value.
    ”Oh, sorry… I knew about the interview. Konrad told me.” My index finger points towards the savage as if accusing him of foul play. I jest.

”But I’m curious, if you don’t mind, before I answer… what was the best answer you have received to that question?” My inquisitive blue brim with curiosity. What sort of woman was the Seneschal of Sacramento? And what sort of Kindred?

s
    sumthingpositiv

Normally Katya hears an answer instead of a question to her inquiry, but then again, she hasn't had too many instances where she is asking this question from fresh new kindred in the domain. Eyes wander away as she thinks back to the others who she used her ice breaking question that was also a way to weed out any suspicious intentions.

Looking back to Martine, Katya folds her arms in a casual manner. "To be honest, the best answer I got was 'I thought Sacramento sounded exquisite'" the person who said that did not stick around long enough to find out just how exquisite it was.

"If that was truly the case then there wasn't much I needed to do, no one to get her in touch with who could help her with any goals since she didn't seem to have any. Nor did it really tell me much about her either. " Katya shrugs, trying not to be judgmental in the response and remaining a blank slate. "THerefore, if you're worried about disappointing me, you can clearly see the bar is currently very low." her eyes meet Martine's "Keep in mind, I am Seneschal to his Majesty Prince Asa Clarke, and therefore I must make sure all who enter his domain will not bring danger to it. So while I like to know a bit about each person who enters the domain, if there's a specific reason they wish to stay here, say, to avoid danger, then my initial inquiry is my polite way of finding that out." She had kept the question open ended before, perhaps it was helpful to offer some prompting.

I produce this brief huff as the Seneschal answers my question.

”Well, the bar certainly is low…” I try not to sound cocky, playful would be the adequate description.

”To answer your question there are a number of reasons that made me come here…” I pause for a moment to make a mental recap.

”Chiefly among them would be because Sacramento is the political center of California, I was once a journalist and an activist and I believe that society needs to change for the better if we are to face global challenges, challenges that puts us all at risk.” By all I mean kine and kindred alike - and by society I mean kine and kindred alike to.

”Here in Sacramento I can influence some of those things."

"Then there is also the Californian sun of course…”
    The French is a bit obvious before I start chuckling.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Eyebrows raise in amusement and interest as Martine reveals some of her story. words like 'change' and influence' queue Katya as to who Klauser's friends might be, not at all a surprise given that Konrad introduced her to everyone. "Well then, congratulations you are now my example for best answer to my question." she says in a dry tone but no less amusing. "Clearly then you will require permission to stay here for quite some time since such change does not happen over night. Unfortunately at the moment, there is no Priscus for your clan, and so terms of Acknowledgement will be handled by me."

Gesturing to the space around them, she begins."The Lawsof the Domain are located here in Elysium. If you have any questions, you're welcome to ask myself, Keeper of Elysium Martha Villiers." she points to the timid Keeper in the room. "Or your future Priscus. Clearly, the Traditions are of primary importance, and of course, any servants or ghouls who violate them will also have to answer for them, in addition to yourself." she doesn't know if Martine has any thralls, and so Katya doesn't hit the point too hard. "Only his majesty, Prince Asa Clarke or myself can call a Blood Hunt. However, ultimately the Right of Destruction lies solely with His Grace." she pauses to allow Martine to ask any questions for clarification, if not, then at least to give the woman a chance to process it all. When Martine nods, Katya continues, smiling as she does so.

" Some other important things to keep in mind. You are required to attend all formal Courts, Proper etiquette is expected to be upheld at each one. Failing to do so omits your Acknowledgment and will require petitioning for re-acknowledgment. Petitions and requests are to be filed with your Priscus or me and His Grace is the only one who determines who is bound by blood to another. Lastly, His Grace has put a ban on interfering, in anyway, with the lives of first responders and caregivers. While I understand this is a lot of information, you may ask questions to clarify but before you do I must ask finally..." the smile fades as her eyes fix onto Martine's. "Please speak truthfully now, have you Martine Klauser committed the act of Diablarie?"

1 success for truthey telling senses.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-23 16:03:58 Katya rolls 2 to Wits+Empathy-1(unskilled) (1s Subtract) 7, 8 1 success

Katya seems to be very committed to her role as Seneschal, her detailed recount of what’s expected of those who have earned citizenship as well as the seriousness with which she prompts the question about diablerie is evidence enough.

Invictus Standards.

I guess it’s time to offer my best and most sincere mask. Not that I would ever try to diablerize someone but one thing is saying it another thing is actually making others believe it.

”I’ve never committed diablerie.” I wave my hand as if totally dismissing the notion.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-23 17:15:20 Martine Klauser rolls 5 to Sincerity - Composure + Subterfuge (10 Again) 9, 2, 3, 4, 6 1 success
    I hope that was enough… I would hate to spend the rest of the night tied to the polygraph.

s
    sumthingpositiv

With a nod of approval, Katya smiles and says "Very well, then Martine Klauser, welcome to Sacramento. Best of luck in your endeavors. Other family members you should be aware of are the Reeve, Josephine Sterling and then of course, His Grace, Duke Asa Clarke of the Invictus." " she imagines Konrad has already filled her in, but for Martine's own interest she might like knowing his titles for reference.

"Do you have any Covenant alignments Miss Klauser? I will gladly get you in touch with them. ALso, what sort of advocacy work interests you? My own mmm interest and background has kept me in touch with many marginalized folk and I do appreciate someone else who seeks to improve the overall well being of others."

”Thank you, Seneschal!” For acknowledging me. At least now I can feed and find shelter from the sun without being afraid of being dragged by the Sheriff to the Prince to meet the sun.

”Covenant alignments? No, I’m a full member of the Carthian Movement!” I’m passionate about it if you can’t say.

”I’ve spoken briefly with the Prefect, Konrad… I’m aware that we are few but I hope to change that in the times to come. I hope I’ll be able to help Konrad showing the other kindred of Sacramento and the domain at large all the good things the Carthian Movement can bring to the table…” Join the Movement! We got cookies!

s
    sumthingpositiv

"One thing I forgot to mention. While you are allowed to feed, there is a communal area you are restricted to until you obtain tenancy or access to the Rack. You can find the specified location in Elysium." Katya says, wanting to make sure Martine doesn't make a mistake due to poor informing. Smiling, she briefly glances at Konrad, "Oh good, so you are in touch with the right people. Well I wish you both the best of luck in your endeavor. Was there anything else you wanted to discuss with me?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

As their conversation and acknowledgement seems to be winding down, the worm slinks over to his two rivals. Well... one rival, the other was a Beast he knew he was better off staying away from.

He stopped a polite distance away and bowed to Katya and bobbed his head in deference to Martine but waited to be recognized before intruding further.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.