Ended
Watch

(1602) Girl Talk

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Once they had both wandered to the side Brittany let out a sigh as she looked to Alessandra. "We were talking about covenants and you know my position, 'hands off' and all that. I felt like they kind of attacked me about, I got mad and kind of fired back some comments, though I tried to stay polite. Just generally not how to make friends and impress people."

She let out another sigh. "I may have just responded too defensively you know? I distinctly remember saying I had to 'go remove your opinions from the back of my throat,' so yeah, I didn't handle it gracefully. But I mean, I hope you're right about him not holding a grudge. I plan on apologizing for being rude, even if I think he was a little insulting in his opinions about those not interested in politics." He hoped Ale would understand, being less than passionate about politics as well.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Internally she winches. Politics were such a messy topic, both for Kindred and Kine.

“Politics are kinda a touchy subject. And some are more passionate about their stances then others.” Hell, look at the Invictus. That’s a thought she knew was best to keep to herself. “I personally try and avoid them, but hell, some enjoy making others squirm and get defensive.” She could play the game, she just choose not to.

Hearing what Brittany said caused a smirk, which she quickly tried to hide. “No offensive Brittany, but sometimes it’s best not to say anything. I think that those passionate about their politics are a lot like birds. You know, puffing their chest to appear bigger and scarier.” She adds a wink after. “As for Priscus Roth, he’s never struck me as a grudge holding guy, especially with Family. Cause that’s not a way to get far in our society. I’ve always like using the phrase, “agreeing to disagree”, when it came to opposing views.” She then shrugs.

“But I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Talk to him in private and explain where you were coming from.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany smiled and softened at her cousin's words. "Yeah, I normally try and stay out of it too, but the new girl was a Carthian so I figured, 'how could it hurt,' but I found out how wrong I could be about that. And you hit the nail, like, totally on the head with the bird puffery. Clearly the two of them are very passionate about their political beliefs, and I can respect that, but I've met tons of people," including those two, "who see anyone not interested in politics as like, missing something important. Or dumb or something." Brittany didn't like the idea of someone thinking she was dumb for not liking politics, but then again she reminded herself that it wasn't the end of the world if someone underestimated her.

Brittany let out one more sigh, but a sigh of relief. "I'm glad I came over to talk to you. I feel so much better, thanks." Shifting from one leg to the other she then added, "so how have you been. Anything new?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, now it made a little more sense. Two of the same Covenant, of course they would take each other’s side. “Being passionate is great, but when you start to think everyone else is wrong for not sharing that belief is when it becomes a problem. Least in my opinion.” Her voice was a little lower than normal. Well, not that she was loud or anything, but it was a sensitive topic and they were in Court. “I enjoy hearing others views, so long as it doesn’t become a lecture or not stuffed down my throat.” She laughs. But others could do with learning not to take things personally and just going with the flow. Maybe there would be less Monomacy that way?

She smiles, “Glad I could help! I’d just recommend not taking things personally. Unless, of course it is a blatant personal attack. Then yeah, gloves off.” She wasn’t trying to be rude, just maybe still helping? Well, she hoped. If not, well, cross that bridge then.

“Can’t really complain. Been working on some Family talents, and of course expanding my influence. But I think I need to find a hobby or something to fill the long nights when nothing is going on. Know what I mean?” she was still looking into the cabin, but you could only work on that so many hours before you went insane. And she was too young to go insane.

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany nodded her head in agreement. "Exactly. I feel the same way. I just feel like it can mess with people's head, get them too worked up. And I don't think I'm ever in the mood for a lecture," she said with a soft chuckle.

"Yeah the new girl was all, 'you know until recently woman didn't have the right to vote,' like I'm standing here barefoot, pregnant in the kitchen. But yeah I'll try not to take things too personal, like you said. Probably save me from trouble in the future."

Shifting over to how she was doing Brittany offered a smile. "Oh I know., something to keep the nights busy. I did this fight tournament thing a little while back. And by tournament I mean one fight where I decimated this poor girl. I think I got more of a workout with this guy afterwards than with the actual fight," she said, laughing at the situation. "I've been spending my time just fighting and watching movies. Catching up on TV shows I never got to finish you know?" Thank the Maker for Netflix and Hulu.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She groans, “Oh I know! I hate lectures!” she wondered if people who liked to lecture had some type of power complex.

There was a brief snort and laugh, “I have to wonder what woman voting had to do with anything you guys were talking about. I mean, seriously?” she chuckles and shakes her head. Sounds like she had to meet this new girl, might make for a fun convo. But she never enjoyed people who liked fighting with words. Most of the time she listened, then knocked the bitch out. Words were all good, but a properly laid and timed fist worked wonders.

“That’s right, we still need to spar! Lets get that setup soon.” She hadn’t had a good fight in a while. “A tournament? Now that sounds like fun.” Hearing her cousin kicked the girls ass, she laughed and debated reaching for a high five. But that was prob not appropriate for Court. “Way to go! Hey, next time you come across those, give me a call or shot me a text. I totally want in on that.” Though it did give her something to think about. They already discussed a gym, but what about a fight club type place? Was that legal? Something to look into.

“We need to get together for a girls night soon. Maybe call Katya and take on the town. Hell, even a movie night or something.” She just wanted to go out. And going out by herself was just not fun. “Yeah. I mainly use tv shows as background noise when I’m working on something. But I’d be open to a new series, recommend any?”

M
    Matrixchild

"Yeah they just make me go all..." she said, dipping her head down and pretending to fall asleep before popping her head back up and laughing.

"Well I had said I wasn't interested in politics, so I think it was this whole, 'people can take your rights away if you don't fight for them,' kind of thing. I bet if she was a Kine she'd say the government's gonna come storming into her house to take her guns too," she added with a laugh.

"Hell yeah we do," Brittany said with a smile. "Like soon, cause like I said that tournament was not enough. But if I hear about another one I'll definitely drop some info your way. I bet you would have had fun watching at least you know?"

Her eyes went wide with the idea of a girls night/movie night. "That sounds like so much fun. Oh my God we need to do that soon because I totally need a night out." At the request for a TV show Brittany put on her thinking cap. "Hmm. Well, like, what kind of shows do you like?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale had to laugh at her Cousin, that was soo true! “I hear you!” she replied after a few more giggles.

Ok Ale….do not roll your eyes….she told herself. Too many people around. “I’ve talked to people like that before. You can fight for your rights and be political and not be in a party or Covenant. Least that’s the way I see it. I’ve just not wanted to tie myself to one group over another until I see a need to.” And so far flying solo had worked well for her. “And I would love to see the government try and take my guns.” She added with a wink.

“Lets try for something this coming month. Get some sparring and training in. I know I could use a good fight.” Some people liked yoga….she preferred blood and sweat.

“Well, ummmm,” she says, thinking over what she had watched, “Depends on my mood, sometimes I like mindless, sometimes I like one that make me think. Like, that one, Everybody Loves, um, that guy.” She laughs. “Mindless, but sometimes funny. One I can put on and work on something else with it playing in the background. Oh, I love Curse of Oak Island! I know, treasure hunting and all that, but it’s really interesting!

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany joined Ale in her laugh. At her response about rights Brittany said, "Girl," then using two fingers made a gesture that they were thinking the same thing, "we are totally on the same wavelength here." Brittany had to let out a laugh, only to quickly cover her mouth, at the thought of the government trying to take her guns. "That would be a sight to see."

"Oh, absolutely, I'd love that. And same here. Do you know a place we could spar?"

Brittany thought for a moment about shows she knew. "Well...if you like mindless you could go Big Bang Theory or, like, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which is totally hilarious B.T.Dubs."

She paused again, tapping her forehead with one finger as she thought. Ummm, oh one I used to watch a lot until they ruined everything with a terrible series finale was How I Met Your Mother. Funny but can totally work in the background. And I don't know if I've actually watched Curse of Oak Island, but if you like reality shows you could also go with those shows on History channel about monster hunters where they search for Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster. Ooooooh oh maybe the ghost hunter shows." Ironic that Kine could enjoy shows about monsters. If only they knew what lived in their own backyards...or bars.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I’ve looked a few places up that are open 24 hours and allow you to rent the space out. The price isn’t too bad, and it might work out well for us. Least until we can get our own space. And with some training, maybe we could corner the market on a fight club. Make a little money while doing what we enjoy.”

The shows Brittany told her about sound familiar, so it wouldn’t be hard to remember. “Heard of a few of those, but never really paid attention to em. But I’ll check them out, thanks.” One thing Kindred had was time.

“Ghost stories are always fun. We even have our own haunted island back home, The Island of No Return, Poveglia. It has a brutal history and is closed to keep out tourist and amateur ghost hunters. If you enjoy those types of stores, maybe sometime I can tell you about it, and even a few things I have seen. Cause lets face it, a little keep out sign never deterred Kindred.” She laughs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.