Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
The Other Half

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 13 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Sure thing," Green replied. He reached for his bag of tools - if for no other reason than to support his cover. "Its weird. So... I just want to cover all the bases, you know. Friend of mine noticed your mom was having some problems with the pipes, yeah. Thought I'd do him a favour and take a look - see if I could help."

The wording was deliberate, even if he managed to slip it in so casually. The mountain had noted the old pictures. He had noted the easy familiarity between the old woman and this unsworn Changeling. He had even caught a glimpse of her beneath before the Mask was hardened. So he threw down some salt to gauge her reaction.

He took a step forward as he shouldered his gear.

"What are you doing down there?" He added as casually as he could. "I wouldn't have pegged a basement a good spot for household plants."

As one of the first to emerge from the kitchen, Ramona has drifted nearest the door. It's a simple matter of a few steps, and a muscular arm reaching out to grasp the door and push it steadily closed, at "Zoe's" invitation. The ogress hides her irritation, not with Zoe's reaction, but with it's cause. Nathan never hardened his fucking Mask. Idiot. No wonder the hob took an interest in him. And now, any chance they had at preserving their cover in front of a fellow Changeling, they'd now blown. On the one hand, establishing that we're all Lost here could work in their favor. On the other hand, it might not. Six to five and pick 'em, whether this'll end up good or bad. But by failing to mask himself, Nathan had reduced their available options. "Lead on," Ramona tells Zoe.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

His eyes hadn't left the door, and he immediately caught side of the new 'ling once she entered, and noticed the look she gave him. It didn't take her long to hide herself. Pointless. He was not impressed.

"Yeah," he stood up and grabbed the backpack, "let's check it out," his mouth was moving weirdly, as if he was chewing something even though there wasn't anything in his mouth. Her being a changeling didn't put him at ease. If push came to shove, he could still feel the Wyrd clinging to him.

S
    Saeyer

"Yeah, of course," Zoe repeated, stepping forward to lead them down a short hallway, a quick glance spared for Frances as she passed. "It's, um... sorry, I didn't realize you were coming by, it's locked, just..." After an awkward pause where she fumbled with her reeds and dug keys out of her pocket, the basement door was unlocked and she lead them down a steep, narrow flight of stairs.

"Oh, I don't grow plants down here, it's too dark. I've gotten into weaving recently and if I do it down here I'm out of Fran-dma, Grandma's way and, there are no carpets so its easy to clean up. It's... quiet." Thin light filled the space as they descended into the basement proper, sickly compared to the sunlight upstairs. The basement was fully finished, with all the necessary appliances and a host of odds and ends: boxes, pieces of furniture, a couple of clothes hangers hooked over pipes. A roughly constructed plywood wall, with a tri-fold room divider for a door, fenced off the majority of the space.

Still cradling the plant matter against her chest, Zoe hovered to the side. "So... what do you think it is?"

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green took a moment to adjust, hunching as he shuffled through the dimly lit chamber.

"Eh. Don't know yet. Kitchen's fine. Stove seems in good order. So... you know; time to start working off a checklist until we find the source of the problem."

The mountain made a show of checking what pipes he saw. It was slow going given his size and the crowded nature of the basement. His movements allowed him to check the few pipes he saw and sweep his gaze around looking for weaving equipment: Zoe had mentioned she was exploring weaving, so the mountain expected there to be a loom - or at least weaving materials close at hand.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-17 03:31:31 Green to check for weaving tools rolls 5 to Intelligence + Crafts (10 Again) 2, 8, 5, 5, 8 2 successes
    2016-04-17 03:30:57 Green to check the pipes rolls 5 to Intelligence + Crafts (10 Again) 6, 6, 7, 5, 5 failure
    2016-04-17 03:29:36 Green to deceive rolls 5 to Wits + Subterfuge + Mantle (10 Again) 5, 8, 10, 10, 9, 7, 10, 4 5 successes

"Yeah. Whats behind that door? Mind if we check?"

S
    Saeyer

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-17 17:51:59 Zoe (The Other Half) rolls 4 to Wits+Emp (10 Again) 5, 1, 10, 10, 7, 7 2 successes

His nonchalant lie was met with a slow, considering nod. "I guess if it was simple we would've figured it out already, huh?" Standing off to the side, neither putting down her arm load nor going back upstairs, Zoe watched Green as he poked around. No weaving equipment made itself apparent.

As the partition came up, she shook her head. "It's just my stuff, back there. My weaving projects. Like a little studio space. I don't think there's anything you'd need to see, like pipes or whatever." Though she'd been avoiding looking at the Autumn before, Zoe's eyes slid quickly off of the Mountain and onto Nathan.

"Have we met, before?" she asked tentatively. "Sorry, your face is just a little familiar." Under the guise of trying to jog her own memory, she studied the Hunterheart's mien, waiting.

Setting down her toolbag, Ramona produces a flashlight again, clicking it on to look up at the ceiling. She keeps an ear on Zoe as she inspects the construction of the house, looking for the join of the suspect wall, and the place where the oven must rest. Though at this point, it seems unlikely that those are related to the true problem. "You been down here long? Hear any strange noises, smell anything weird?" She asks Zoe absently. "Do you know if there's a maintenance crawlspace down here?"
      Inspection: 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-17 20:48:30 Ramona Bohannon rolls 5 to Int + Craft (ToH) (10 Again) 3, 1, 5, 5, 9 1 success

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was darker downstairs, but the Hunterheart didn't take his eyes off Zoe. There was a golden glint to them that only stood out all the more down in the shadows. It did him no good when it came to improving his vision, but she didn't know that.

"Actually," he interceded, "we can't know for sure whether its pipes or not. Anything could have gotten in here and holed up in your... studio. God knows what it would have been eating, but you'd be surprised at what a stray dog who's really hungry will sink its teeth into."

He didn't try to look around, like the others. There was a sort of thickness to the Wyrd, like he could almost feel it weigh on him. He wasn't ready to drop it quite yet.

"Hmm?" he returned the woman's attentive gaze and smiled. It was a perfectly innocent smile, apologetic even. Or at least, it would have been in anyone else's mouth. "I think I'd remember."

There was a little voice in the back of his head, whispering. If she tries anything funny, I'll bite her into pieces. See if she still wants to check out my face while blood's shooting out of her throat. He'll eat her little brownie too, if it came to that. He had to stifle a little laughter at the idea.

"Plus, I'm not from around these parts. Before coming here I used to work at a high-security prison out of state, for three years or so. I'd keep the inmates from running off, drag them back if they got too far... y'know, that sort of stuff. You sure don't look like jail meat to me, though."

He tried not to look at Green or Ramona while he talked. His eyes stood fixed on Zoe, waiting for her reaction.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-19 19:29:55 Nathan rolls 10 to to STR + Intimidation + Favored Fate (10 Again) 6, 8, 5, 7, 6, 10, 2, 7, 5, 10, 2, 5 3 successes

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

(1 WP for Kenning activation)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Green said nothing as he completed his "search."

Denied access to what lay beyond the door, he frowned. He grunted and stared at the screened off space, stretching out with his Kenning. If there was something there, he hoped to gain some sense of it.

Please do the necessary rolls for Green's Kenning

S
    Saeyer

"No crawlspace, and about the sound... well, like I'm sure Grandma said, it sounds like crying, and it's loudest in the kitchen. And sometimes my plants smell, since I'm trying to dry them down here, but I think that's it."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-22 21:17:02 Zoe (The Other Half) rolls 6 to resisting intimidation (10 Again) 6, 9, 1, 1, 4, 7 1 success

Zoe frowned slightly as Nathan dismissed her attempt at veiled communication, but didn't seem about to push it. Attention focused curiously on him as he started talking about not being local, her expression quickly receded into the bloodless neutral of someone trying to cover fear, badly. The implications of what he was saying clearly weren't lost on her, and despite the fact that she hadn't set down the bundle she had come down to deposit, the Masked lost took a small step back toward the stairs. Careful not to turn her back, Zoe's eyes slid from Nathan on to Green and Ramona, whose relative size and muscularity were suddenly much more threatening.

"...what do you want?" The words were too soft and too shaky to be properly defiant.

PM sent to Green

Page 7 of 13 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.