DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"You know," Coco said, a distinctly machiavellian quirk entering her lips,"that's an excellent point that we should make. Because its not as obvious as you would think. In fact, not long ago the Spring court did a special little 'make a desire come true' drive. But the thing is, everyone was encouraged to make their little help requests anonymous, and we even took an oath of secrecy to help ensure that no one's privacy was breached. And that's well and good, I suppose, if you desire secrecy, but for everyone else it suggests that desires are something to be hidden, don't you think? It doesn't encourage openness. It doesn't show people that desire is something which should be embraced! Or that others' desires should be respected when they are out in the open. So why don't we enter the coronation with that mission in mind? To teach the Freehold, and perhaps even some wayward members of our court, exactly how loud and proud we should let our Desire's be?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

"Indeed." Inwardly the Manticoress was....well...she could remember the last time she had piped up as to anything during a Spring Coronation. Play it safe, disagree. Take a risk, step carefully in a Cautious Feline Manner and perhaps her reputation could sail through intact. Perhaps. From what she had observed at the Winter affair most of her detractors were gone, but did she want to go for Round 2? Oh to hell with it. If she got burned again then it happened. She had more tools in her emotional well being kit for getting her center back now than she did way back when.

"It is a calling we have, to show that Desires are a deep reflection of who we are and what we most want. For some, the fulfillment brings contentment, for others shame in the face of their own honesty, and still those left wanting more. I am in agreement with your idea insofar as it works with the Verdent Rule. Forcing things only makes for resentment - believe me, after my shouting down of Alice White it can be a stinging reception. But! Oh it is a knife's edge we dance. And thus, I am much pleased to help represent our Court's philosophies, and help guide people to the buffet of there is nothing wrong with you, live! The best revenge is in living well, right?"

Juno curled her tail in Feline Satisfaction.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Truthfully, I'm not very interested in revenge," Coco replied, eyes narrowing briefly in thought. "Living well is simply what I must do in order to live at all. But, showing others how to also live well, teaching them to embrace their desires, that has nothing to do with me. So, you're right, let us also show them the pleasure to be found in the most luxurious platters of revenge. Give them something to contemplate before the Season of Vengeance comes 'round."

The Wasp slurped on her soda for a few moments, ruining the profile of her face with the body of the can before she finally set it down and the feline artisan could resume her sketching.

"But how would you like to do this? Shall we simply circulate among the crowd with our message? Shall we scatter polychromatic flyers in our wake? Be droll and set up a Desire booth?"

Something about that last suggestion seemed to amuse the Wasp terribly, though the quirk of her lips was sharp edged as she constructed it within the obscured confines of her mind.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

5. Likes Dusan liked this post

"I have learned that sometimes a quiet nudge is best. Do you like that bit of tasty food? Then by all means it is there for you to sample, for if you do not you will never be able to say, 'I do like the combination of herbal cheese with that artisan cracker! and be inspired to find the recipe as well as any others you may well enjoy! Read that book, for you do not know, once putting it down, if you will return to it. Imagine what you will have missed within those pages! See that lone person in the corner who does not know how to proceed, even though their heart is breaking to do so? Sometimes a simple greeting and taking that person by the hand will work wonders for both!"

There was a faint rustling sound as Juno fanned and settled her tail-quills. Scratching the side of her head with the eraser end of her pencil, the Manticoress looked thoughtful for a moment. "As for a Desire Booth...one must consider the audience. I have not been around for a good while, but I did notice that the more....uptight....members of the Freehold that I remember are no longer here. Coco, you have a better knowledge of the area and sensibilties than I do. If we were to do such a thing as a booth, then should I prepare for another long trip to avoid the slings and arrows of the outraged?" The sparkle in her blue eyes and the upward movement of the corners of the Manticoress' mouth provided assurance that she wasn't at all concerned as to what the Mundanelings thought about such a proposition. The Great Cats did not run, and Juno could call herself a member, if in some weird Arcadian-inspired fashion, of that particular Feline demographic.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Honestly, I'm not sure," Coco replied, a mischievous smile crossing her lips, "but I imagine we should be fine as long as appear, clothed, dignified and don't have anything curtained off."

The Wasp took another sip of soda, almost finishing the can, and spread her arms wide in the most expressive of shrugs.

"Even then, it might not work, but I've seen a lot of new faces walking about through town, so I suspect that even if my visage scared people off, we'd still have few takers. And, really, that should be all we need. For once we helped them, word of our incomparably astonishing deeds would circulate amongst the 'Hold, and then we would have everyone flocking towards us."

9. Likes Dusan liked this post

The Manticoress nodded, then, "Who knows? I have been learning how to best show others the way to their Desires, and if you want the entire truth I lost quite a bit of time in doing that with the self-pity and the avoidance of others with whom I could work or others who were in true need. I want to make my own sort of amends for falling into myself. Allow me to tell you, if you like, about Al-Adin, the monkey who was also the Prince of Thieves and the Keeper of Joy for this Freehold."

She tilted her head as she studied a line on the paper, then, "Your visage is elegant and far more importantly if others do not care to see beyond it, then to hell with them for being so superficial. Some people aren't very comfortable with how I appear to be male - sort of - but with times changing in favor, if slowly, of the transgendered I do see an increasing acceptance."

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Very well. Then I'll bring us a booth, and we shall see what we, and any others that join us, can do," Coco replied, downing her soda and then setting the can aside. "In the meantime, though, why don't we go get a proper drink. And you can tell me Al-Adin while we have it?"

Good to close, thank you for the excellent scene!

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Fin.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread