Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(IT-WotS) Jailhouse Blues

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Emrys

PRE

Maybe it was his extracurricular activities, or maybe it was his status as a mage, but Emrys didn't think he could deal with the cops alone.

The Enchanter sat across the street from the station in his 68 GTO, music from an old cassette was muffled but still escaping the vehicle. Inside Emrys had his phone out watching old news footage, memorizing the faces and the place he needed to postcog. He was ready to get this over with, but something told him he wasn't just going to waltz in mutter linguistic jibberish and space out on the cops for a few minutes without raising eyebrows.

That's what Arthur was going to be there to cover.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

What to wear to talk with the police. Nothing too flashy, don't need that much attention. But nothing too sharp either then they might get worried. Eh this'lll do. Good thing the west coast has mild winters. Actually its really nice that it does. Whistling quietly to himself Arthur walks down the side walk towards the police station. Eyes watching back and forth, both for Emyrs and anyone feeling stupid in front of a police station. Catching site of the Acanthus, Arthur meanders over to the GTO. A knuckle taps lightly on the car window, someone is having a throwback day. When Emrys notices Arthur, the Theurgist throws the man a chin raise in greeting.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

C
    Casitive

Rising out of the ground, the Jailhouse imposes its oppressive will over the landscape. There's a Used Car Lot nearby, stray cars glittering in a rainbow of blues, blacks, whites, and silvers. Flanking the Jailhouse on the other side is a Methadone clinic. The disenfranchised leave a city bus from a nearby stop and meander towards the clinic as though it is a church. In this part of the woods, the 68 GTO is entirely too nice and draws protracted stares filled with lust, avarice, and envy.

It's a good thing, maybe, that Emrys being in the car keeps the car from being jacked. But, it might not save him if someone really wants it.

With the number of times Emrys has watched and re-watched the news footage, he can recite it from memory. The single frames where the footage shows the images of the people in question will need a much more concerted effort.*

The imposing building menaces the pair of magi like a disapproving parent.

* Memorization Roll from WoD Core Required!

Emrys

PRE

Stares are met with glares as Emrys eyes down everyone with any sign of ill will towards his baby. As Arthur arrives he waves but doesn't exit his vehicle. Instead he points to the theurgist and then to his passenger seat, mouthing the word sit as he returned his attention to Arthur. Emrys reached over and unlocked the door, knowing the Theurgist would understand not wanting to explain magic in front of the Sleepers.

"Hey." He said as he leaned over, not wanting to yell over the music. "Can you do your sound thing?"

I'll use Trained Memory to memorize as an Instant action. Am I right in reading that does not require a roll?

Emrys

PRE

Bump! Kelreth

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur's eyes light up as Emrys motions for the Theurgist to get in the car. Old cars always sound better. Getting in Arthur nods and twirls a finger in a circle. Will flows and creates a bubble of sound inside of the loud car. Then for good measure Arthur pushes another Imago onto reality. A frown and he pushes a simpler Imago and settles on that for now.

"Nice car, so what's up with chilling outside of that place?" Makes you wonder if the Jailers run all of the jail in the Lie, training or self enjoyment?

Sound Bubble, Unseen Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-23 21:44:46 Arthur rolls 7 to Jailhouse - Unseen Shield (gno+forces) (10 Again) 10, 6, 3, 6, 8, 5, 1, 2 2 successes
    2016-02-23 21:44:15 Arthur rolls 5 to Jailhouse - Forces Armor+Forces Sight Combined (gno+forces-2) (10 Again) 7, 2, 2, 5, 3 failure
    2016-02-23 21:42:53 Arthur rolls 7 to Jailhouse - Influence Sound (gno+forces) (10 Again) 3, 3, 4, 9, 7, 6, 6 1 success

Emrys

PRE

"Thanks." Emrys said as he turned the dial down on the music.

"The short version is I'm checking a dead end on the Banishers and the Written in Water. After Crowley mentioned it at Concilium I started doing some research on the subject, and I read about an attack at the place. I postcogged to see Miach getting shot in the crotch by a girl from Sacramento State University."

He dragged the marker for the news footage across the screen of his phone and handed it to Arthur, allowing him to watch the full footage he was if the Theurgist liked.

"She died in custody here. The news said suicide, but we both know from your research the Banishers have influence with the police. I suspect foul play and want to postcog the scene of the crime, the holding area. Problem is, I doubt I can stare off into space for a few minutes in the middle of a jail when the Banishers have the sway they do and not end up dead or also detained. I want you to distract them while I work my magic and figure out what happened to her."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smirk grows before Arthur can shoot it down. Shared misery and pain comes after playful mocking but damnnnnn. "Fuck, in the crotch?" Not cool. A hand accepts the phone as Arthur pushes the thought of being shot, there, to the side.

"The Banishers are fucking everywhere its ridiculous." Arthur shakes his head, seriously when did the crazies start to organize? "Uhhhh, a holding cell? So past probably locked doors and armed cops and possibly armed cops who are also Banishers and can see magic too?" Handing the phone back to Emrys, Arthur looks at the building. "I can invisible us to sight but we can't do anything when we're hidden. Not to mention we'll glow under Sight. How sure are you that she died in the holding cell? Also have you looked into getting hold of the body or access to it? Can't Moros do some uh stuff?" Fingers waggle as "stuff", cauee hell if Arthur knows.

C
    Casitive

Outside, the small torrent of people becomes a trickle until the last of the stragglers moves past. The rest of the world swirls around the fancy car without a care in the world. A flash of sunlight reflects off another car taking a right hand turn, the light momentarily brightening up the rear-view mirror.

It's still a few hours before the public transportation bus comes back to the jail to pick up the families of inmates.

The building continues its silent watch, looming over the world as its shadow slowly inches towards Emrys' car.

Emrys

PRE

"Yep, in the crotch." Emrys confirmed before giving Arthur's other ideas a once over.

"Their sight will only register us if w keep uncloaked spells up, and the bodies are almost two years old. Moros maybe able to discern how the person became a body, but it's who made the person a body that concerns me. For that one, I need to see the face of the one that killed them, even if it was just a suicide."

Eyes flick up to the flash in his rear view as he slid his phone back into his pocket.

"I was thinking you can use your connections to just get us in there. I can use my background in social sciences as a cover, saying I'm there as part of a study to investigate funding and solutions for modern correctional facilities. You, as the one with actual friends in the area, are trying to help me out. Just ask questions about funding, living conditions, things like that once I'm in to draw attention away while I do the actual postcog. Once I'm done we can just say we're out of questions and bolt, hopefully never to return."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread