Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Long Memory) There's a place and a time

Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan stuttered out a thank you to the waitress. She then took the time to "arrange" her napkin in her lap. When the Milo and Ramona didn't faceplant into their food, Morgan felt safe to dig in. Which she did with gusto for the bacon and slightly slower with the pancakes. When Ramona requests cash only that gets a amused snort from Morgan. She didn't have any cards to pay with, so she just slips a few bills under the check. Not small bills either, she basically left a $30 tip.

And then the UFO man starts talking to them. Am I catnip for alien-nuts or something? First the dood calling me a bandit a--Wait a minute. Send back...dolls?! That caused a flicker of recognition to pass over Morgan's features, her eyes bugging out.

Sure, it sounded like conspiracy nut ravings. Unless you happened to be familiar with the Fae and their fetches: the dolls meant to replace the abducted. Of course, the gentleman could just be crazy-crazy instead of afraid that the Fae/aliens were coming for him. Though if the rumor that the insane could see through masks was true, their group would've been one the man fled from. Morgan's eyes slid over to focus on the old norman's shadow. She tried to follow the outline of it to see if it matched his frame. Was the norman just a norman? Was he something else?

Kenning 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-05 19:12:59 Morgan Bellanar rolls 7 to Kenning (10 Again) 5, 7, 5, 5, 2, 6, 8 1 success

S
    Sasha

Upon returning the the table with Morgan, the Fairest's ears overheard some banter from nearby tables. The words were familiar, hiding, insane, done things, taking people, experimenting... all added up to Keepers.

Or possible the government, sometimes it was hard to tell the two apart these days.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-05 19:47:02 Sasha rolls 7 to Kenning (10 Again) 4, 9, 9, 8, 4, 1, 1 3 successes
    [expenditurereason]WP Spend[/expenditurereason]

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo sat content as his food arrived. The bacon disappeared almost immediately, while the rest of the meal disappears in slow methodical bites. Silence fell over him as his attention to the conversations at his table were abandoned. An ear and an eye were trained on their surroundings just in case, but at this point Milo doubted anything was going to happen.

At least until something happened....

When the man came up speaking of abductions and dolls, the chewing stopped. The Fairest's eyes quickly darted to L'aire, then Morgan and Ramona. As silence continued to reign the Fairest started to wonder if they were waiting on him to say something or if they were just ignoring the man. For the most part he was fine to ignore strangers, but talk auspiciously like the Others in the Long Midnight's meeting place? Definitely Wyrd.

"And who are you?" Milo asked between bites. "And why do they care?"

Lynn Mills

L'aire Could I please have a Wits + Composure check?

S
    Sasha

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-10 13:00:54 Sasha Checking rolls 6 to Wits+Comp (10 Again) 8, 3, 2, 9, 5, 10, 1 3 successes

Lynn Mills

The old man's eyes widened at Milo's questions. "I'm no one. I haven't been anyone since they took me away the first, time, stuck a chip in my brain. They want to study us, find out how we tick and use it to take us over." He hunched over and muttered into his coffee. "I remember too much, that's why they're coming back for me." As each of the changelings reach out with their senses, it becomes clear to them that this poor old man is in fact, just a man. There are no touches of the Wyrd upon him; if any of the Gentry had ever touch his life, it was long ago and far away, in such a manner that it broke his mind.

"Hey Chuck!" The waitress waved at the old man from down the counter. "I got a nice piece of pie for you, why don't you come down here and enjoy it?" With the ease of long practice, she distracts the man with a bit of left over food, glancing down at the group and mouthing 'Sorry' at them. It seems that the old man makes a habit of hanging out at the diner.

L'aire's senses are just a bit sharper than others and her gaze just that much keener. While the others find no touch of the Wyrd on the old man, the new Lady of Winter is able to detect the faintest traces of something out of the ordinary at the far end of the diner. Many different people have come and gone, the only one still left is the young man with the maps that she and Morgan had noticed earlier.

The man is nothing, it seems. A coincidence then. Sighing, Ramona opens her wallet and drops some cash on the table, enough to cover her own plate and a fair tip. She's not made of money. Having insisted on being on the outward edge of the booth, she stands, clearly ready to go and waiting for the others. Lacking the information L'aire has noticed, Ramona's pretty sure they've learned all they need to about the meeting site.

S
    Sasha

While gazing around the place, checking out the motifs on the wall, it just so happened the Dancer saw something of the Old Man.

Her violet's stared at Ramona, Morgan, then Milo, and with her back turned the Fairest made signals with her eyes in the direction of the old man.

On the her plate of food, in the pancake syrup, she took it up and traced lines to look like winding roads on the plate. Her head slowly rolled toward the young guy at another table. At least the Dancer didn't have an issue with conveying through body language.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was relieved and saddened that the guy was just a crazy norman. Sanity was not a thing to lose. She weakly smiled and waved to the waitress that had mouthed "sorry", trying to indicate it was not a problem. But then L'Aire was doing...something with her eyes? Just like Johnny Depp in that...Oh...subterfuge here. Morgan thought she got it: trod, the old crazy victim of something, and someone else?

Morgan lifted her arms in a stretch, twisting her neck slowly to make it pop. But her eyes were anything but slow as they rapidly darted about. The someone else was some norman at the other table. Was he involved with the old dood somehow? Texting might have worked more clearly. Oh, idea! Wait...yeah that could actually work, so idea indeed!

She leaned in toward L'Aire, whispering: "Did y-ye sssee something-one of interest over there?" she then raised a hand to her mouth, palm being used to cover her lips so only L'Aire could see them move. She mouthed "text" and when she spoke it was an exaggerated whisper, "L-like maybe sssomeone cute caught thine eye?"

Conspiratorial whispers about he/she/it being cute were not exactly uncommon and rarely worth listening to. Often meant to embarrass one's friends. Nothing to see here, nope.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo's eyebrows slowly arched up as the man continued and the waitress mouthed her apology. That was weird, and oddly close to home, but no one else seemed disturbed by it so he didn't press the issue.

When L'aire began to stare and signal she was greeted first by an empty stare. He looked over, realizing who specifically she was indicating as she traced the lines with syrup to indicate the young man with the maps. A soft laugh escaped as Morgan said what she thought it was.

"Honestly Sasha, is now really the time for that?" His eyes rolled as he dropped cash for the meal and a modest tip on the table. While his tone did seem mostly playful, the look being cast down the bar at the young man was most certainly not. That look didn't last though, and Milo quickly returned his attention to L'aire. "Want me to go get his number for you?"

Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread