Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Long Memory) There's a place and a time

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Lynn Mills

The waitress took their orders swiftly, jotting everything down on her pad and smiling broadly at everybody before swinging towards the kitchen to send the order to the chefs.

As L'aire and Morgan made their way towards the bathrooms, their attention could be caught by a young man sitting at one of the back booths, working his way through a large plate. It seemed that he'd been there a while, as his table was covered with the debris of the meal, a cup of coffee and a handful of crushed packets of creamer and what looked like a map of Sacramento. And half hidden under the map, was a small pocket sized notebook, half covered in writing.

Back at the table, the waitress swung by with the drinks that everybody had ordered, handling the hot and cold liquids with equal deftness.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

As they entered the bathroom Morgan couldn't help but to chuckle and blurt out, "I d-d-doubt it'll save him from Ramona if heh-he keeps annoying her." Not to keep up with L'Aire's act that she didn't notice. It was just something obvious was going on between those two that wasn't friendly. Fortunately the door was closed after that and they could talk.

Well, they could talk whilst Morgan's eyes scanned the bathroom for exits, "Uh, d-did ye see anything suspicious at all when ye was up? All I recall twas the dood with the maps-and-stuff. Probably-hope tourist or something." She hadn't gotten a good look at the man's work. It would have been suspicious to do so. Meanwhile, Morgan's mind had finished analyzing the room. And her mouth kept moving: "Huh...t-t-think I'd fit through the window IF I d-d-ditched me jacket. M-might need grease too. Uh," she looked L'Aire up and down. Then looked down at herself. Then back to L'Aire. Then back down at herself. There was a tone of defeat as she spook, "Yeeeah I doubt tis acceptable-possible exit-entry for others."

The thought crosses her mind that the coffee could be drugged. That's what she would do. If she owned or otherwise influenced the establishment in which she set such a meeting. If she had access to those kinds of drugs. If she was a crime lord. Seems unlikely, though. The Long Midnight are supposedly new in town, and besides, they seem to value their memory-stealing birds too much to risk them. Still, it's a saddening thought. What is the world coming to when she has to be suspicious of coffee? Black and bitter and life-giving. She picks up the mug and takes a sip.

She glances at Milo for a moment, but there's nothing really to be said between them right now. Especially not here. Instead, she returns her attention to the place and the people around her. Noting the nametags of the servers, where the regulars are sitting. Are the stools at the counter bolted down? It could make a difference, if it came down to a fight. How they could foul footing, or their use as improvised weapons. Does anyone here look like they're watching them, or could be with the Long Midnight?

S
    Sasha

L’aire looked through the bathroom, checking to see if anyone was in the stalls** before she spoke of why there were there.

“Yeah, looked like he may be on an adventure.” The Fairest said with a lot of caution. Her violet eyes beamed to Morgan, and then to the stalls as she checked them thoroughly and behind the doors too.

“I’m sure you’d be fine. When you get panic attacks, you have to be cautious of where you’re at. I get it.” Her grin was fake and ear to ear before she said what she really wanted to say. It was all evident to the Autumn Beast that she was just being careful before the Dancer finished her check of the bathroom.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo sipped his tea, pondering his surroundings. Everything seemed clear, but he still watched on the off chance looks were deceiving.

"So do you watch television much?" Grey eyes looked to the Ogress for a moment. He was okay with watching, but all watch and no talk made Jack pretty conspicuous."I'll bet there's at least one show out there we can find to talk about."

Probably....hopefully....please.....

Lynn Mills

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves for a bit. It's gonna take a few min for your order to arrive.

She glances sidelong at Milo for a moment. The connection between conversation and being inconspicuous comes pretty quickly. It's a decent enough idea. Or maybe he really is just chatty. "I worked on the Game of Thrones set for a while last year," she says finally. "Flew overseas with my mentor at the time, to help them out with props. Not really a fan of the show at this point, few characters I like though." She shrugs, and then after a moment, goes on, "I liked Jessica Jones."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was confused for a second, then caught on: normas might be in here. "W-well folks k-keep saying I c-c-can parkour out of anywhere, heh-heh, so~o I m-m-might as well...heh, run with it, heh-heh," the humor seemed forced until she said "run with it". Aparently the Beast found her unintentional pun quite amusing. As for the tourist dood, "R-really heh-hope that guy ain't total-no-direction-sense and tis just a tourist. Tourist tis less depressing option, heh." That was good covering, right?

Morgan didn't think there was anybody else in the dive's...erm, restaurant's bathroom. But she supposed better safe then sorry. Should they be gossiping about something? That was a norma thing wasn't it? "Um...ye, uh...don't ponder t-t-that Milo's constant-conflict with Ramona is some kinda, uh," what was it that normans usually gosspied about? Oh yeah. That thing: "A uh really bad-attempt-to-flirt? Do ye?" Morgan sounded incredibly unsure as she, rather obviously, tried to force making gossip. Hopefully she just came off as very awkward.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo didn't seem excited by the mention of Game of Thrones, but there was a part of the Fairest that would always be enamored by the concept. The intrigue, the backstabbing, the fights, what true member of his seeming wouldn't at least be a little curious if they could make it in that environment?

"I've never heard of Jessica Jones." Milo said bluntly, taking another sip of his tea. "But I can understand losing interest after the last season of Game of Thrones. The death of Jon Snow, and the way they tried to merge Sansa Stark with Jeyne Poole's character from the books was rather gratuitous."

His shoulders rolled in a shrug. He pretty much figured they were clear by this point, and this seemed as good a time as any to see if they could at least have a conversation on their own.

S
    Sasha

L'aire didn't see anyone in the stalls or anywhere she'd checked. The Dancer gave it another once over. "Yeah, I'm not sure what the hang up is between those two. It's not as bad as some others I've witnessed. Unfortunately we can't all like each other, but we should all try to be civil. I think they're doing a good job in that respect." Think was the key word.

Whirling around, she stood in front of the Beast; her violets wide indicating the importance. "Morgan, whatever you do, don't eat any food at first when it's on the table." She paused, grimacing as she thought of what she was about to say next. "Well, at least until Milo and Ramona eat theirs. I mean, I'm sure it will be fine but just in case. At least two of us won't be effected."

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread