Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

Cosima's glee is apparent, and infectious. Daisy's laughter fills the air, as her mind sought how she should return the toast. Daisy half wishes they could simply speak in the manner in which she is a brilliant orator. In paint and canvas, she is elegant and refined, barely pausing to choose the right avenue of expression. In clay, Daisy is effortless and breathtaking. Her dexterity and expression second to none.

Daisy knows that if she hesitates any longer it might become awkward, so the fawn speaks what first comes to her mind.

She raises her glass, "To not drinking alone!" she begins with a giggle, "To new friends, and new adventures! To promises and laughter! To fulfilling our heart's Desires..." Daisy clinks her glass against the wasp's. It might not be the most elegant toast she'd ever done, but Cosima's declaration to aid her in finding her own Motley...equal parts delighted, shocked and awed her all at once.

If they remain as friends, or become something more, or godforbid, less, Daisy knew that she would count Cosima as someone would leave a very large resonating mark upon her life.

Daisy takes her first drink of the wine Cosima chose and wasn't disappointed by the taste. She takes a moment to savour the flavour.

"Someone, very long ago, told me to gain trust, you must give trust." Daisy replies with an elegant shrug. "But thank you. For..." the Artist's wide black eyes dance as she offers a small, but meaningful smile.

Daisy sits sipping on her wine in the easy camaraderie they've gained as Sly rolled his eyes, probably annoyed that the crabcakes haven't arrived yet.

She takes another sip on the wonderful wine before she asks, "And just who do you think would compliment me among those of our community?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

There was no hint of judgement in Cosima's eyes as Daisy made her toast. Rather, amidst the facets of the Wasp's eyes danced merriment, for art was not truly bound by any judgements save those of the beholder, and the fawn's words rang delightedly in Coco's ears. Though, when Daisy pressed forth the question of who else the Freehold offered, the Wasp felt a small needle of panic pierce the warmth of the wine and present company. Nevermind that Coco had been first to mention the possibility of others, and nevermind that she'd mentioned them with an unburdened heart. It was just that, now that she'd tasted joy on her tongue once again, so too did she taste the fear of would happen were she to lose this sense of companionship to another. And it was not a fear entirely unfounded. Such had happened to her before.

But, she couldn't decline to answer, not when it had been she that had first began this overture. She didn't wish to be seen as flighty, nor peevish.

"Well, perhaps you've already met the most complimentary,"
    Cosima suggested coyly around a sip of wine before deciding to relent.

"Or, perhaps not. I'll make sure to introduce you. Ava Campbell, for one, is excellent company. And Lynn Mills," she continued with carefully feigned nonchalance, "is not a bad sort. Ramona Bohannon is steadfast if you win her friendship, and I know many are fond of Daniel Leto. Beyond that, there are a few recent arrivals, Evelynn and Mhairi, that seem to hold some promise."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

3. Likes Pixie Styx liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

The wine's warmth has been missed. As Daisy said it's no fun to drink alone, and as much as Sly might refute the 'alone' of her statement, he doesn't like mortal alcohol, and so it has been sometime since the artist partook.

Cosima has already agreed to sit for her, and for that Daisy will be professional, but at Coco's coy tone, Daisy's artistic mind already sees the women walking upon silken sheets as the fawn imortalizes the moment with quick and light strokes of her pencils.

"Well, if that were to be true, you might find that you have me all to your self then." Daisy replies, a coquettish twist to her lips.

Sly's feline posture straightens, his triangle ears twist in a devilish manner, while he begins to lick his chops.

"No!" Daisy hisses once more at her companion. He'd been warred off the Nix once before, but it seemed the cat still wanted a nibble. The ink dark feline, cares not for Daisy's reprimand and continues his own imaginings, his long tail flicking back and forth.

Daisy takes another moment to center herself, taking another sip of the wine. "I have met Ava, briefly. At the last party held at the Blue Note." she explains. "I've also heard of Ms Mills, and I was directed towards Ramona Bohannon, as she might aid me in my own aspirations of creating those baubles. I've not heard of Daniel Leto 'til now. Though if he has as many fans as you claim, I might wish to know him." she says lightly, "Though it is good to know that I am not the only new arrival. I would not like to be the only new face in such an established community."

Daisy takes another sip, glad that the bottle was there. This was really delicious. "It seems that we have forgotten our game of questions. Would you like to continue? Or shall we inquire after the condition of our meals?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp regarded the Fawn for several moments, attempting to untangle the implications woven into her words and displayed on the twist of her lips. The possibilities prompted a flush to rise, despite the Wasp's best intentions, but thankfully the cat had begun to act up and pulled Daisy's attention away, giving Coco time to hide behind her wine glass and to hopefully blame the flush on the alcohol.

By the time Daisy looked back up, the Wasp had recomposed herself and shared a debonair smile when she suggested they resume their game. And, thankfully, not but a moment later the waiter returned with their meal, crab cakes in tow. Coco let the waiter leave first, before she placed the appetizer on the floor, however. Better that they not now, exactly, what that particular dish had been for. Besides, it wasn't really their business. Not if they expected the usual tip...

But enough about the waiters! Their meals had arrived, steaming and aromatic, and nothing was better for good company than a good meal.

"Well, now that we have the chance to chew and consider our answers, yes, I think we should continue the game," Coco replied, already eagerly sawing into the lamb. "So, allow me to ask, just how much larger are your cat's eyes than his fangs? Because his prey has much larger teeth than he does."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

6. Likes Pixie Styx, InvertedMonkey liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

Was it serendipity, or something else that brought their meals as if on cue?

Before Daisy could lift one of her delicate hands to bring the crab cakes down for Sly, the Skitterskulk had already done so. Performing the action so swiftly that Daisy was beginning to think the waitstaff here at the Rose Garden did indeed, set their service scheduled to a well timed performance, and were she to dine here as long as she assumes her new friend has, she'll learn this schedule too.

Daisy flashes Coco a grateful smile, before she slipped her eyes closed to enjoy the delightful aroma of their meals, and no one has to know if she sought out the subtle undertones of fresh grass and flowers.

The artist fights a blush, unsure if she is entirely successful, she peeks up at Coco through her lashes, certain that the women knew what she had been doing. Through from her glance, it seems that the fawn is not the only one who's had cause for their flesh to flush just so. Was it a reaction to Daisy's actions? Or from something that the fawn had missed with Sly drawing her attentions away, or perhaps it was just the fragment, and delicious wine thrumming through them both.

Daisy decides against worried her bottom lip and takes a small delicate bite of her pasta, hopefully disguising her actions. "Hmm." she moaned, "This is good."

Coco's question drew a delighted spark of laughter from the fawn. "Oh, that is so true!" she said on the heels of the tinkling sound, "My dear sweet boy, assumes he is King Cat, but he's only just grown into his paws." Daisy flicks her eyes downward half expecting a grumbling complaint from the cat in question, but sees him already digging into his meal.

His actions receive a fond smile, as she returns to her meal and her conversation with Coco. "Hmm. The turn is now mine, and my question is this. What is your best or favorite skill or talent?" Daisy takes another delicate bite, "I've spoken of my art and it's impressions upon my life, but I have not yet heard of something similar in yours."

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Once more Daisy's words summoned a glimpse of unfurling possibilities, each reflecting the multiplicity of future worlds like a fan made of darkened mirror panes. For it was no longer in Coco's nature to lean upon hopeful fantasy. Each reflection was tilted so that it caught the light poorly, casting shadows over what most would consider to be bright. Yet, even so, some were unmistakable more attractive then others. Candle light, as opposed to looming gloom. For Daisy had left the Wasp room to maneuver. She could well answer with what her "favorite" talent was, and thus choose something softer and more palatable, much like the pasta the Wasp watched the fawn elegantly consume.

Yet...how painful would it be if she did deftly deflect the true thrust of Daisy's question? She could obscure who she was, and perhaps win affection for it, yet the truth would always out. She'd someone developed self sabotage as a compulsive habit, after all. So wouldn't it be better to venture forward with the truth now? To kill possibility before it could bloom into something deeper rooted and excruciating to be bereft of?

This meal had been a pleasant fancy, one she desperately wished to continue, yet a persistent part of her, one fed upon bread baked under bitter hatred's flame and buttered it with spite, raised it's voice. Would it not be better to know now what this brief dalliance would spell for her?

The Wasp finished chewing an agonizingly well chewed morsel of lamb, drowned it in the fermented blood of grapes, and then met Daisy's eyes as she delivered her answer.

"My most exquisite of talents, my most polished skill, is not one of creation. It is not about exhibition or expression. It is about itself. It lasts for a mere second, and yet within that second's infinity it is more sublime than any other. It is about the perfection of motion, the ascension of form, the purity of grace. It is to place more than a foot of steel into another's breast. And, though I would not fault your distaste, I would have you know that it has been necessary."

And with that the Wasp dropped her eyes to her meal, and waited for the inevitable.

9. Likes Pixie Styx, InvertedMonkey liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

Coco's confession brought upon the feeling of vertigo as if she were atop a precipice, knowing that she will fall. The question now, was what lay at the bottom.

The feeling was reinforced by Cosima's steadfast posture and her refusal in looking upon anything other then her lamb.

Daisy sets her utensils down, taking the napkin up to delicately wipe at her mouth. Then she refolds the napkin, gently laying it back in place, she thinks perhaps, that after Cosima's confession, the wasp thought that Daisy would throw her napkin down and flee in terror. Daisy might look like a delicate porcelain creation, but she was truly made of sterner stuff.

Sly is still ignoring them, sounds of him eating swirl around her, awakening memories of a time Before, when she was without him.

Sirens ringing, panic blossoming. Knowing she needs to find shelter Right. Now. The unbridled terror as the hobbs found her instead and brought her to the Pens...Maybe if she had any of the skill Coco claims, or strength of will to use that skill against her foes...Daisy forced her thoughts to stop.

There was no room for regrets and what could have beens. Not when there lay seventy years between Then and Now.

"You could have lied," Daisy says, gently searching the lines of Cosima's face, "But I thank you for speaking truth instead." The artist searched her own mind for the words she wanted. "You are a strong women. I known I do not possess the will to act as you have." is what she finally settles on, and thinks perhaps that actions will speak louder than any words she might attempt and possibly fail in their use.

The fawn picks up her fork again, and takes another bite.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

A compliment was certainly not what Coco had expected. Not due to any judgement of Daisy's character, but more so because the Wasp could not see such in herself. Which was ironic, consider how completely centered upon herself the Wasp's world was. Yet, thus was the consequence. It was difficult to accept what others said because she understood was her own self love and self hate. Yet...perhaps this was an opportunity to change that. To feast not upon tainted bread, but to share a meal far more sumptuous and nourishing.

Raising her eyes furtively, the Wasp muttered a "thank you" and then reached for her wine to wash away the frog that had somehow crept up the back of her throat. Then another sip to restore the vigor in her gaze, and in her posture, and the Wasp's features mellowed into a light smile.

"Silly me. I forgot to ask you a question. Do...you like music, Daisy? I happen to love music, though I'm afraid I'm quite incapable of making it. I'm a bit tone deaf, you see, but rhythm! Well, I cut an exquisite figure upon the dance floor. Though I've not practiced much, of late."

A question lay hidden inside those words, and in the glance Coco threw from the corner of her eyes as she began to cut her next bite.

12. Likes Pixie Styx liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

Coco's voice is weaker then the women probably wanted as she speaks her thanks. Daisy smile grows as the women across from her seems to regain her equilibrium. "You need not thank me for speaking my own truths." she teases.

"Indeed I do take enjoyment from listening to music. There are some genres that I do not like, but I do give them a listen just to see if I can find a hidden gem." Daisy takes a sip of her wine, "Of the many things I boast of my own skills in creation, music is sadly not one of one of my talents." the Artist confesses, pleased that they had this in common. "Well dear Coco, that is something we must change!" a mischievous grin blossoms across her face, "Though you will have to excuse my two left...feet." Daisy does not glance down to her own hooves. "Where could we go dancing? I've heard of the Forge, but I know who tends to frequent the establishment, if you would like your anonymity while we practice is there anywhere you would requirement?" Daisy asks, assuming that one way or another they would both make it to a dace-floor.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"From my understanding," the Wasp replied, her composure once more fabricated into place, "the Forge is a place for those who enjoy a lot of screaming and rhythmic flailing of the head to accompany their guitars and drums. Which, while certainly makes room for a certain type of dancing, doesn't quite fit what I had in mind. I'm more partial to a nice Tango, or something from the ballroom variety. We could even take a class, if that would make you feel more comfortable. In fact, I know Ramona is interested in dance. If we recruited one other then we could it a group event. Or..."

The Wasp hesitated, unsure whether she continue to test waters after her tumultuous admission. Yet, why choose to obfuscate now, when she had decided not to just moments before? And, if she were to remain within Spring, how could she shy away from her desires now? Shadowed reflections of the future be damned!

"Or," Coco repeated, deciding to press onward, "we could simply make a more private evening of it. Dancing and then dinner, perhaps. Not that I require privacy," she then hastened to add, "I'm simply...open to what you might desire."

15. Likes InvertedMonkey, Pixie Styx liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread