Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth entered one of the private rooms Elysium offered for just the occasions Gilroy found himself in. Not that he trusted it to be secured. In fact he knew it not to be. Anyone could be listening, even through these walls.

He waited for Alice to enter before shutting the door, blocking out the dull roar of Beasts having conversations just outside.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

As they travel to the side room, Alice notices Garrick Marlon, and that the worm has attempted to draw his eye. Alice's bites her lip to keep herself from laughing at her...was it a pun? Alice didn't know, but either way if wanted to draw upon a fountain of hysterical laughter from her. 'So sue me,' Alice grumbles within her mind. 'I'm nervous.'

She slips into the private room after the worm, glad of her unliving state, for the sake of her heart at least. She wonders if the only other Nosferatu will be joining them.

Alice claps her hands in front of her, waiting for her Whip to speak.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy closes the door, sealing Alice in the room with him. Turning he tries to figure how he wants to handle this, despite the fact that all he can think is that he’s trapped in a room with a living mannequin wearing a slasher grin with no warmth behind it.

“Miss Hart,” was his voice somehow even more annoying in an enclosed space? “Have you ever committed the Amaranth? Or have you come to this domain with the intention of perpetrating such a disgusting act?” The questions were quick and accusatory. Intentionally sharp so as to elicit a response. Kenneth’s unblinking eyes suddenly took on the aspect of a snake looking up at a foolish bird that had come within striking range.

Feel free to lie
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-14 08:47:29 Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 1, 3, 1, 3, 3 failure
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The questions-accusations hit Alice with enough force that it leave her meteorically breathless, wondering why she's not frenzing, or entering torpor.

"God no!" Alice yelps after that silent moment passes, she brings her hands up, crossing them like an 'x' then slashing them downward to emphasize her point.

She knew there was going to be questions, personal and otherwise, but-but-to just...Alice shakes her head, and crosses her arms over her chest. Looking down at her arms, grateful that her blouse covers them, sometimes Alice isn't quite sure if her elbows are flesh and bone, or ball bearings.

After the worm's accusations-his questioning her if she had diablerize another, or if she had plans to do so...what would come next.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth searched Alice's expression for any hint she might be lieing. It was tough. Everything she did and said seemed artificial. A facade of smooth porcelain. But if her actions were internally consistent, then it was more likely she was telling the truth. Despite how much her Curse encouraged him to conclude otherwise.

He relaxed, the viper disappearing as if defeated, leaving only the worm again.

"I apologize. It is a question that must be asked and it generally better to not allow the formulation of a response before hand."

He took a seat and motioned for her to do the same.

"You will find the laws here fairly easy to follow. Keep the Traditions, don't violate another's haven, participate in Blood Hunts, don't kill other Kindered without permission, don't feed off emergency personnel, don't commit treason, attend officially announced courts, and work through court officials before approaching the Prince with business. They are available for review here in the Elysium. You will read over them before you leave here tonight."

"Additionally there are laws specific to the Elysium. Don't bring weapons and don't use disciplines within the Elysium. The Mask is an exception to the rule. You are also expected to be polite. I don't think I have to explain but just in case," there had apparently been some idiots before "do not use swear words, do not insult the Prince or any court official in any way, for that matter it's best not to insult anyone in these walls. Mr. Marlon and I will stand by you and vouche for you whenever possible. However, stupid mistakes often incur swift response that is not always manageable.

"Finally, I have my own personal expectations. You mentioned you have been alone for sometime. I don't need to go into the why right now. However, you should prepare for a culture shift. We are Nosferatu. We are family. Garrick and I will support you, but you must also be willing to support the Clan. Help maintain and expand the Necropolis. If you hear something important let us know. When you disagree with us on political matters, express your opinion privately rather than publicly. If one of us is dealing with a threat, help negate it. And we will do the same for you. That is how we will remain strong even when there are so few of us."

"Now do you have any questions?"
    Mask of Tranquility

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice lets the apology hang alone in the air before she nodded once. She could understand, the reasons why. It still didn't mean that she had to like it.

As they sat Alice made sure that her skirt lays flat, and smooth around her, crossing her ankles.

The doll nods where appropriate during the worm's buzzing speech. Her gemstone eyes drawn toward the written Laws as he spoke. "These are not that complicated. And should be easy enough to follow."

Alice nodded along, everything did indeed seen simple and easy enough to follow, but it had her wondering just who hadn't been able to figure it out, so that now all of these things are included with in the Laws and Rules. "I don't think that I'll be speaking to the Prince for a very, very long time. I'd rather speak to you or Garrick first then other officials."

Something warm, and foreign ignited within her unbeating heart. No one had laid claim and called her family before. She knows her creepy-fake smile is back, but she really doesn't care, she's happy, giddy even. "Of course I'll support the Clan!" she chirped, "And I really want to see the Necropolis as soon as possible." her slasher-grin dropping as she remembered the Mehket-Jacob's comment about the Annals. "Are we-" her creepy-fake grin is back, 'we' "allowing others in aiding in the maintenance of the Necropolis?"

At his final comments, Alice nods sharply. "I will, I promise. I think I'd be ash if I didn't know how to keep my mouth shut. I promise that I'll be an-an asset to the Clan."

Alice falls silent once more, her unreal amethysts looking at the blackbirds on her skirt. Until finally, "No...I don't, think I have any questions at the moment."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"You might be surprised," Kenneth said with a tired undercurrent to his tone when Alice said she didn't expect to speak with the Prince "You'll find Sacramento to be a very fluid place. Kindred come and go regularly. If you stick around for a significant amount of time, you might find yourself in a position of power by simple merit of having proven yourself to be a stable element." It almost made Kenneth long for the days when all he had to do was worry about Ducard and Sterling getting along.

Kenneth returned her smile with closed lips so she couldn't see how clenched his teeth were.

"Maintain? No. It is still our space and we control it. However, visitors are allowed. Right now there's the Caldarium, that can be used for social gatherings, and the Dark Temple, which I maintain. Once the Annals have actually been compiled, I expect visitors will be a little more restricted to them than the other chambers. Even then, I foresee allowances being made for those willing to trade favors or donate knowledge of their own. And of course before the annals can be created information must first be gathered and for that talking with other Clans would be helpful." Help was well and good but in the end you couldn't trust the other Clans to keep what was supposed to be the Nosferatu's kingdom up and running. And free access to Haunt information would leave them without a certain amount of leverage.

"Since you've expressed interest," Kenneth pulled out his phone and checked his calendar "would available on [date/time] for a tour?" See if there was genuine enthusiasm behind those smiles. It would offer the opportunity to learn more about the new arrival in a place where the walls didn't have ears.

After Hart confirmed that she had no other questions (or at least none she was willing to ask), Kenneth nodded. His bobbed in a way you'd almost think it was broken.

"All right, let's make this official then." Kenneth stood, unfolding like a spider. "Do you, Alice Hart, swear loyalty to Prince Asa Clarke and to the officers of his court, and to abide by the Prince's laws as set forth by his hand?"

OOC
    Mask of Tranquility

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

While Alice no immediate plans to leave the Domain, she understands how life - or unlife - have swiftly change, but to just find themselves in power because they shown that they could stick around....? Alice thought, deftly ignoring the point Gilroy made about the possibility of meeting the Price. Because...Nope! She's going to keep her head down and attached, totally not find herself in a position of power that she's completely unprepared for.

With the worm's vehement reassurances that the Necropolis was theirs had Alice's wide-fake-fake slasher grin make an appearance, and her shoulders dropped from where they hitched around her ears, looking like some demented marionette who's strings have just been cut.

"The Caldarium? How well established is it?" is the first thing she asks, she might be dead. She might love her books, but she is still a girl. Alice relaxes her demented-slasher smile, as she nods, trust the Bishop to have the Dark Temple already established within their - their - kingdom.

"Yes, of course I'm interested!" she insisted nodding vigorously, her white-white hair flying every-which way.

Another spark of revulsion sparked traveling fast up and down her spine as Whip Gilrpy stood. "Yes, I do so swear." she says, keeping to message simple instead of attempting to dress the language up and failing miserably.

OOC

9. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"It still requires a great deal work to bring it up to par with other common Kindred meeting places such as this. Right now it is serviceable," Gilroy admitted. There was always more work to be done.

Kenneth's head bobbed as Alice swore the oath.

"Then consider yourself acknowledged until such time as a new Priscus is named. You are free to feed within the communal areas of the city and establish a basic Haven. Congratulations."

Please increase your Domain status to 1 on your wiki page.
    Mask of Tranquility

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, already thinking on how she might help, and add her own touches to the Necropolis.

"Thank you. Shall we rejoin our..." Alice stumbles, but gestures toward the door. "The others?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread