THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"See ya, Alice," says Konrad with a lazy farewell wave, his eyes trailing after the very strange unnerving woman.

After the sound of the door closes behind her, Konrad looks back to Kenneth. "A man about a snake. The temptation of Eve? Or another type of snake," he chuckles with a suggestive humor.

"Ah, anyways. Yeah, that other business. You told me once that you were able to create explosives. I want to place an order for as much as you can make for me with an easy-to-use detonator. Either timed or remote, if you can manage it."

It's a tall order, and Konrad knows it. First he wants to see if it can even be done.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

()Question Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Explosives. Why couldn’t it have been something simpler, like illegal drugs?

“I’ll need a little more information before I can give you an estimate. Are you looking for concussive or incendiary effect? Single bulk device or several smaller ones to be placed at intervals? And when you say timer or remote, I assume you mean electrical trigger, with fuses not being ideal. If I knew a little about how you want to employ the explosives I can tailor the product better.” He wasn’t sure what exactly Konrad wanted for whatever situation he was getting himself into. Gilroy was pretty sure he didn’t want to know. Ignorance, however, was not an excuse.

“I also assume you will be providing raw materials once I can provide a list?” If not Gilroy would have to use common materials that would be less likely to be traced back to him. Arson charges were not something he was prepared for just yet.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Absolutely. Can't expect you to make anything without materials. I'd prefer something other than incendiary, but can't be too picky I guess. If I had to choose, I'd want several small devices placed at intervals, rather than just one. Basically the purpose of these are to remove barriers. Metal doors, concrete walls, unauthorized Havens, that kind of thing. But yeah, a trigger would be better than a fuse, easy to arm and plan around," explains Konrad with slow arbitrary hand gestures.

"If you can make one on a budget of a couple grande then that'd be a good start. But I'm going to try and secure some more funds for better materials. I assume you've got all the equipment you'll need. But if there are any tools you need help getting your hands on then let me know. For now, let's plan on one bomb with those stipulations. Now, aside from providing materials, what sort of payment would cover that service?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I have equipment for working with chemicals. Specialty tools would be preferable. Having ready made detonators, tamper proof timing systems, switches, and catalyzing agents would help the process. If that's too much I'll make do with what I have."

Kenneth considered what he could buy with several thousand dollars. Normally that would get him materials refined enough to make plastique. However, given that Konrad would likely be buying from less than reputable sources, Gilroy though it safe to assume a price hike. IT would still be enough to allow for a wide variety. If barrier removal was the primary focus, though, concussive and shrapnel generating devices would be insufficient.

"I could make dynamite on that budget," Kenneth said with reasonable certainty "And for payment... if you were able to procure the specialty tools and I could keep them I would consider that sufficient payment."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Hmm." Konrad rubs his chin thoughtfully, as if tallying some factors in his mind. "Alright, deal. It'll take more time, but I think that'll be better in the long run. Once I get my hands on those tools that'll make it easier for you to produce a quality product." A faint smile pulls at the corner of his mouth now that things are falling into place. At least he doesn't have to add to the list of Boons he owes the Haunt Priscus.

"I appreciate your willingness to work on this. I think you're the only person in the Domain with the know-how to do it. And making these ourselves will better ensure they're more reliable and harder to trace." Even better, few people knew of the true value of the Bishop, allowing Konrad to have a exclusive business partner in Kenneth.

"So the ball's in my court. I'll try to get my hands on those tools to start and we'll go from there." Now all he needs is the money and to make the right connections. It would cause delays, but it's unavoidable for the time being.

"That's all I have to bring up with you. How are things otherwise?" he asks, turning the subject polite small talk, of all things.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth gave the smallest of smug snake smiles through closed lips. Even though he knew Konrad was probably getting the better end of this deal, it still felt good to have your skills praised and appreciated. However, Konrad's comment did bring up a point that needed to be addressed.

"Do you have someone that would be capable of correctly placing and arming the explosives?" he asked. It was not a question he was sure he wanted answered. Making bombs was one thing. Planting them was another. Gilroy wasn't sure how deep the rabbit hole went with this. On the other hand, getting more involved would not only indebt Roth more but it would also mean Kenneth could reduce any risk of random destruction.

Roth's other question could be answered with one word.

"Busy." It was said almost like the groan of a wounded predator with its intestines hanging out and the vultures circling. Gilroy didn't know how Konrad managed to be Covenant and Clan leader while putting on such a friendly face.
    Mask of Tranquility

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

The question seems loaded to Konrad as he grows quiet and thoughtful. It implies that someone ought to know how to correctly place and arm a bomb. He figured Kenneth would give him some simple instructions and he'd just do it. If there is more to it than that then he'd have to factor that into his process.

"Er, I figured I'd arm it myself. But if there's a trick to it then I'll probably be asking you about that soon enough. We'll have to save the details for another time though. Thank you, Bishop, for the seminar and your business."

Konrad stands with a show of effort, having been all too comfortable sitting. "May your nights be bloody," he offers by way of farewell, sampling from Josephine as he turns and heads towards the exit.

Konrad exits. Great thread!

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Have a good night," Kenneth said sincerely to Konrad. As the Savage left and the instincts of the lesser mind finally quieted, Gilroy slumped back into his chair. The evening had not gone as well as planned.

And yet it had probably gone better than he could have hoped. lice seemed interested at the very least and Konrad still had use for him. Yet, Gilroy felt drained by the entire experience. The lies. The collusion with what he suspected would be terrorism. The faith they expressed he could only hope to actually feel.

It needed to be done though. Gain power or die and Kenneth wasn't willing to let go existence just yet.

End Scene
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread