Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

'Do you guys even know about the Council?' Mhairi's thought, and before she could stop it her mouth followed suite. "Do you guys even know about the Council?" Mhairi blinks her fell-flame eyes, suddenly realizing that she might indeed need Evelynn to invent her a better brain-to-mouth-filter. The petite elemental flushes, ducking behind her starless night sky hair.

Mhairi attempts to bring her blush under control as she listens to the chatter around her.

Mhairi nods her head vigorously, still unsure if her blush is completely gone. "Being a-alone out there is-ah definitely not of the erm...good. But uh....could I..." The elemental bites her lip. She has goals, hopes and dreams. An idea blossoms, and she sees a way that she might be able to begin the path of achieving those dreams...while also helping the 'hold and the people she's growing fond of. "Could I...um...could I-" the women fumbles, "Maybe I-ah could...maybe...put my name erm forth as-ah a-an apprentice ranger, or-errr helper...person...or something..." Mhairi trails off, just knowing that her words were being judged by those present made her want to curl into a less noticeable target. On the flip side, she knew they were judging her words, so she stood tall focusing her eyes on a point on the wall instead of someone's eyes, and fought to keep her spine straight. "I-ah want to-to help." she finishes, trying to push as much genuine emotion into her voice, feeling that her words had failed her once more.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

The idea of sending people alone into the Hedge hadn't even occurred to Ramona. If that's Daniel's only caveat, it's easily granted. She smiles when Daniel accepts, and nods. "Good," What a shitty way to start in this job if the first person she'd asked to work for her had refused? Well, now she's got the toughest candidate out of the way at least. "Come Summer, if I retain my position, I'll be taking an oath. Nothing complicated, basically building off the concept of the Freehold oath, to be loyal and do the job as best as I'm able." Nobody should ever have cause to wonder if their General has betrayed them. "I'm working with Ava on the language. If you're ok with it, at that time, I'd like my Rangers to swear a pledge too. Basically the same idea, I wouldn't bind you into blind obedience or making suicidal charges or anything," she grins.

When Mhairi makes her offer, Ramona glances aside to her. The smile is quickly replaced by a thoughtful expression, as she examines the Elemental curiously. She fights with war fans, likes burgers and apple pie. And that's about all I know about her. Not a lot of data to base a character judgement on, regarding working with someone. Then again, she's got about as much information on one of her other Ranger candidates. She buys herself some time with another explanation, "Mhairi's talking about the Freehold Council I mentioned before. Anyone can run for any office, whatever your Court."

She pushes off the railing and walks around to the wet bar. "There's no official position for an apprentice Ranger or anything. At least not yet." And really, there shouldn't be. Rangers are supposed to be the General's subordinate agents and officers, and the Summer Court is supposed to be the Freehold's standing army. In theory. What Mhairi is asking for might be best termed as a posting to the militia. Which is not at all a bad thing. "If you want to help, we'll find ways for you to help. Same question as Alex, though. What can you do to help?" She pulls out a glass, scooping some ice into it, then pouring herself a Coke from the soda gun. "If I call you up at four in the morning and say 'grab your fans, I need backup,' are you gonna be ready to fight?" She takes a sip, letting Mhairi chew on that one for a moment, then goes on, "And what else could you do that might be helpful?"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

At the ogeress' searching look Mhairi bit her lip and kept her spine straight, her fell-flame eyes move from the wall to the General when she travels to the wet bar. Trying not to droop when the ogeress says that there's nothing within the 'hold's framework for what Mhairi's after.

"I want to help." she repeat firmly. "Family is important to me, and I-ah want the 'hold to-to become....I-I can-ah...I'm quick-speedy." she tells the General, staring at the soda in the glass, then takes a breath, "There's uh-some ill-luck spewing, and fortune telling bits, and uh, I'm sneaky-I'm a thief, More Robin Hood, less ooh shiny me like-y." Mhairi's thoughts race as she tries the find any relevant skills to offer the General. "I-ah...always know when it is. And uh-I don't get lost." she squeaks, "Yes." nodding once, firmly. "Middle of-ah the night...three a.m. Sundays and holidays even!" she finished earnestly.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“Cool, I’ll make sure to be there in Summer then,” he agreed. Daniel wondered if he could add it to his own Freehold pledge when Winter came around again. It would help simplify things.

With talking turning back to Mhairi and briefing the new Summers, Daniel felt it was time to go.

“Got anything else for me?” he asked. Making an Ogre chase you down a second time in less than an hour seemed like good way to get tackled.

At the one month mark. Probably want to start wrapping up.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

5. Likes InvertedMonkey, liked this post

Alex Rivers

"I know that I can't officially join anything until I'm sworn in, but I am definitely interested in training in the meantime. If you need to reach me, I'm staying at Edna's. And my cell number is..."

Well the good news is that there was no hazing or screwing around. These people seem to be all business. And that might also be the bad news, such as is. It looks there will be plenty of chances not just to get involved but to get in deep. Hopefully not over his head... Alex is both excited and more than a little nervous about what's to come.

She shakes her head at Daniel, then lightly claps him on the shoulder with one hand, a gesture of camaraderie, "Nah man. Nothing else for now. But thanks. Thanks for helping me out," she says with a fond smile. Mhairi then has her attention, while she describes her various proficiency. Good data to have in the ol' personnel file. The metaphorical personnel file in Ramona's brain, because it'd be the height of foolishness to have a Freehold roster committed to paper. "Alright, Moonshine. I'll keep you in mind." She takes down Mhairi's info, and Alex's.

With the conclusion of business, there's nothing left to do, but hang out, maybe get to know each other, and if anyone's interested, wait for the night, when the Forge will really start to get exciting.

Over a month now, think this is a good place to end it Alex Rivers

Thanks guys, this was great! Hope everyone's questions were addressed.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"When-ah should I-ah expect or-ah talk to you about my-ah fans?" Mhairi questions, the ogeress after she receives an answer Mhairi squeaks out, "Thanks for-ah considering me!" Mhairi thanks with a bright, if awkwardly crooked smile. Pleased that she accomplished more then she set out to do the elemental waved at the others and made her way from their semi secluded spot, then she slowly leaves the Forge.

Thanks for letting Mhairi stop by! This was fun!

Alex Rivers

"I hope to be seeing you all again soon. Thanks for giving me a chance."

Alex also heads downstairs and back outside...

Sounds good. Thanks all.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"No problem."

Daniel smiles at the Ogress, and gives her a casual salute before heading out.

Daniel exits. Thanks for the scene.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread