Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"No, nothing wrong," he said a little afraid to seem like he was imposing on Martha after what he just learned "I recognized you from a description provided by Mr. Wooding and was interested in speaking to you."

Before that another Kindred approached, thankfully Masked. Another Nosferatu. Which wouldn't have been his first guess given her beauty. Some Haunts were luckier than others, even if their skin did look like an attempt to perform a dermal replacement with flawless ceramic.

"It's good to meet you Ms. Hart . Bishop Kenneth Gilroy of the Lancea et Sanctum, Nosferatu Whip."
    And as usual he let his actually earned title of Doctor fall by the wayside in Kindred society. "It's good to meet you." His head bobbed in greeting in a way that was somehow grotesque.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha, her small hands gripping her cane, watched and listened and nodded as the Bishop spoke.

Smiling, she nodded her understanding as Kenneth outlined his explanations and greetings.

"Ah, I see!" she giggled and nodded respectfully.

With a shy and humble smile, Martha added;
    "it's a delight to meet you, Miss Hart! My name is Miss Martha Villiers. I have the honor to serve His Majesty, Asa Clarke, Prince of this Domain, as his Mistress Keeper of this Elysian Field..." she makes a small, meek gesture as if is outlining the general expense of the Elysian Field.

"If you have any questions at all..." she sneaks a glance to Alice's shoes and legs and offers a bashful smile in the process, adding, "...I shall be only too happy to help you! I must say, I delight in the style of your frock! Most fetching!" she smiled and, wide eyed, sounded genuine.

Unconsciously avoiding looking at the oddly disturbing Kenneth and finding Alice's slim ankles more diverting, Martha leaned her cane, rubbed hard at her crippled hip and waited to see where the conversation might go.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

It seemed they were a calm point, the eye of the storm. The three of them stood together, each Masked, a small respite from the icy wraith dwelling within.

Alice figured that with only two other Haunts residing in the Domain with one as the Priscus, the other would be Whip, but she hadn't thought that the Haunt in front of her could be a Bishop. Not that Alice thought that Nosferatu couldn't be apart of the Church it's just...wouldn't any other Sanctified make a better Bishop? Looking at him, standing near him, Alice absently thought that she would love to have live centipedes crawling on her then...you know...talk to him. So stereotypical Haunt then, and still not the creepiest thing she's ever seen afflicting a cousin.

"Ah...How would you like to be addressed?" Alice asked her fellow Haunt. Better to ask outright then flail about and piss people off by fucking up.

Her unreal amethyst eyes turn to the tiny women, Martha Villiers. Mistress Keeper of the Elysian Field? A Bishop, and the Mistress Keeper. Maybe she should have stayed quiet in the corner. This could end...badly.

"Erm...Would you prefer Miss Villiers or Mistress Keeper?" Alice asks, much for the same reasons. "Any question I might have? I'll keep that offer in mind." Then she turns a white mock porcelain hand to tug at the fabric draping her form. "Oh. Uh thank you!" she blinked surprised. "I thought that since this is Court I should try to dress my best...but I see that not many thought the same..." Alice says casting her gaze to the others in the room, catching sight of a blond standing on the top of the stairs. Ice seized around her unbeating heart. The Wraith's icicle spiked claws struck hard within her brain. She needed to run. She needed to run. She needed to run. Sheneededtorun.Sheneededtorun.Shenee- "Who the hell is that?" she breathes out instead.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Chrisie, Yumyumcrow liked this post

OOC

Jacob made respectful eye contact with each individual as they spoke, smiling at Alice's comment on clothing Jacob glanced self consciously at his less than formal attire. The student lifestyle was a casual one and that informality slipped into Jacob's speech and fashion choices. He didn't know others reasons for their fashion choices, he'd written an essay on the evolution of military fashion, but modern fashion was an enigma to him -- such is the academics lot in life.
    Alice's breathy question caused Jacob to look for a new arrival, his Beast notified him under no uncertain terms who it was. Flinching away Jacob grimaced.

Once Alice's question is resolved Jacob asks one of his own: "I do have one question, I was thinking of dedicating some study to matters of the occult and was wondering where to turn. Do you have any suggestions?"
    While Jacob was clearly speaking to Martha, he purposely did not directly address the Keeper.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

OOC

As odd as it might seem for someone like Kenneth to think such a thing, he found Martha's extremely chipper attitude to be a little disturbing. It flew in the face of almost all his observations. And while he had met Kindred that appeared friendly, none had seemed this... genuine. It was off putting. That she avoided looking at him was almost comforting.

He turned to the jewel-eyed Alice. She must be young to ask such a question. Or her delicate appearance was influence his thoughts. She could just be cautious.

"It depends on the situation," he answered honestly "In a more formal setting Bishop or Whip is fine, though Whip shouldn't be used where Kine could hear. Which to use depends entirely on context and what role you want me to take on for the conversation. Whether it is as a family member or a church member. In less formal, more public discussions, or after initial greeting: Father, Brother, Mr., or Doctor are all appropriate." It was like listening to an advise column on etiquette being read by a mosquito.

"However, I'm not one to take easy offense on account of titles." At least if their misuse wasn't deliberately offensive.

Actually smiled a little at what seemed like almost embarrassment. "Your clothes a perfect for court. It's hard to dress too well when the Prince's guest. They give a very good impression." Appearance were half the point. Kenneth was partial to more formal himself. However, even Konrad's casual outfit had a purpose. A reputation to solidify.

Kenneth instinctively turned when Ms. Hart's eyes focused somewhere else in the room and it wasn't because she was trying to look past him specifically. It was a mistake. The instinct to run tried to take over when spotted a completely new threat. It took a lot of willpower to turn his back on the predator, exposing his back to it. At least it was out of sight, if not out of mind.

"I've never seen her before," he answered, trying to appear calm. He cracked his neck with a loud pop.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

7. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha could barely take her eyes off Alice's legs and was glad of the question to bring her mind to a sensible focus.

Nodding, Martha replied happily.
    "Oh, I prefer Mistress Keeper...at least, when being addressed in an official capacity. Martha, or Miss Villiers, will suffice in less formal settings!" she giggled merrily and nodded to reinforce Kenneth's general description of the use of titles.

"But, gosh, you look so lovely, Miss!" she added, to offer positive vibes towards Alice.

Hearing Kenneth add his insights, Martha adds;

"Whip Gilroy offers good advice..." she smiles to Jacob and Alice.

"...the occult...?" she was about to ask for clarifications when Alice exclaimed.

"Ohhhh"
    Martha gasped. Amazed at Martine's dazzling entrance. "...I...I do not know...but, others have made their greetings..."

Tiny Martha gripped her cane and pain stabbed through the stump.

Blinking, she trembled. Martine'spowerful Beast rubbed and rankled at Martha's. Prompting ugly desires. A wish to rip Alice's knees apart.

It takes a few sharp intakes of breath to settle her Beast.

Her hands still grip tight around her cane;
    "...I...er...the occult, sir...? W...what manner of the occult...s..sir?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Mistress Keeper is meek, and smile-y, and bubbly - genuine seeming women. 'Is she always like that? Mask worn, a carefully crafted facade present to Kindred and Kine alike, or is the tiny women actually that...nice?' "Alright then Miss Villers, Mistress Keeper of the Elysian Field." Alice's petal pinks lips stretch into a smile.

Alice listens silently as Gilroy buzzes-explaining his titles, when to and when not to use them. Alice wants to look down her nose at him. She can feel the phantom sensations of bile rising, with every small movement the-the wretch.worm.bug.I could scrape you off my shoe- Haunt makes. She does none of these things, and smiles instead, he is a fellow Haunt, and he's not flinched at her fake doll-like body her jewel toned eyes, so she'll do the same. Even if she really, really wants to upchuck her dinner mice.

"How about Doctor? At least for now." Alice wondered if it was the worm's ego speaking or if he was an actual Doctor. If he is, was he a MD or a PhD - if he were an MD, Alice doubted that his bedside manner could improve - even with uncounted years of practice. "I doubt many Kindred call you that, but if our social group requires me to change your tittle depending on formalities, I'll be sure to use the right one." The doll smiled.

While Alice's focus in locked onto the new arrival, she spares a glance down at the Haunt in front of her. Her opinion of his rising by the moment, even as he curled into himself, he kept his back to the newly arrived predator in the room. "So a new-new arrival then. And she comes to Elysium-" Alice voice halts as Gilroy's neck cracks with a loud pop. Alice feels the phantom bile rise once more. "B-because Laws and such. Acknowledgement." Alice sputters lamely. Her mind focused on the thought of this monster not respecting the Laws of the Domain, the rationally beautiful blond crumbling to ash. If she meets Final Death Alice's Requiem will continue. Alice closes her unreal-fake eyes at the thought. Shaking her head to clear it. Martha soft voice drawing her attention toward Brittany and the male beside her intercepting the large predator.

"Thank you once again," the jewel eyed doll, smiles, looking down at her own apparel, "Ah-if I might ask, why have you chosen a school uniform?" she asks before she could stop herself.

The doll tilts her head, listening to the Mistress Keeper's questions, and wondering after the plaid wearing collage student's answers.

Jacob was thoroughly glad that the four were masked. It made focusing on staring at Martha as she asked her questions, with the other two in peripheral vision, a manageable affair. Or at least, manageable with a straight face. In an attempt to control his voice Jacob took perhaps slightly too long to respond, "Of any sort in truth, more information on Kindred, on Vitae, on ghosts, truly anything. While I would usually turn to a combination of databases and universities, I would like a source that isn't stained with misinformation."

As unfortunately any conventional source was. What Jacob would truly like is access to a chapterhouse, without being a Dragon.
    On the other hand he may just need to take the plunge and join up, that would guarantee a steady flow of information.
    Couldn't be that bad? Right?

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth returned Alice's smile with closed lips; a few thoughts passing through his head. Should he insist on his Kindred title despite what he just said? Was she saying she didn't want him in either of his roles of Bishop or Whip? Did she want more information on his profession? How did her skin move and yet appear to be carved marble?

"If that is what you prefer, I don't object. Though you are right, not many do given it is a purely human moniker." Not even Konrad, who had been to his lab. Then again Roth was sort of a special case.

"I work at the university as a research fellow," he clarified, shrugging his shoulders. His hunched back making it easy to imagine him working on some Frankenstein experiment. "You mentioned you were a student," he stated to Jacob "If you are taking a lab or science class, I'd be willing to assist if you needed any help." The thought of needing Gilroy's help was in itself galling. Then again, if he were telling the truth he probably knew his stuff. And if he weren't , the Haunt had to be very good at BSing. Both invaluable to a college student.

"Undoubtedly," he said to Alice's guess. Kenneth did his best not to turn his head again when Hart brought up the new arrival. The illogical feeling that to do so would end with him seeing the woman getting ready to pounce on him and tear him apart. He did listen with half an ear, though. Carthian. Of course. Gilroy knew he should be happy for Konrad, but a part still wished the mysterious Beast had been Sanctified.

Advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes they just fell into your lap. More often, you had to work for them.

Jacob's inquiry was undoubtedly directed at Martha. Keeper of Elysium and maybe whatever public records the domain had. It offered a chance to Kenneth as well though.

"That's a rather broad topic, Jacob. Not very easy to research either. I've been attempting to learn more about the history of the domain since I got here; hoping to build annals for the Necropolis. It's how l heard about Mistress Villers actually," he said respectfully bowing to the small cheerful Kindred "But so far it's been fairly incomplete with large gaps in knowledge and time. And the amount of time I have to work on the Necropolis is limited as well.

"The church keeps archives and records but they are generally restricted to members of the Lance. I'm afraid that's the case in most Covenants. Secrets, whether arcane or divine, require a show of loyalty before they become fully available in almost all cases."
    Stupid policy really. Ripe for loss of information and inability to compare notes. Unfortunately for Jacob, Kenneth couldn't just give out library passes. For one, the mysticism of the Lancea was one of his few bargaining chips in the Danse. For another, if other Lancea members heard about such desecration he could find himself facing a crusader out to ash him.

"Pardon me for being bold. I know it's a rather personal matter but have you considered joining a covenant?" The question was to all of them. Gilroy was of course making some assumptions with the Mehket but it seemed a safe bet. No covenant had come up in conversation so far.
    Mask of Tranquility

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Impressive," she said as Gilroy speak of profession. She listens silently, but attentively as the others speak of research, "When I was Embraced I was actually off to college, but...circumstances made it so I wasn't able to attend." Understatement of her entire unlife."But I do like a good read. I might be able to help with research and the like...if you'd like..." she trails off, her unreal amethyst eyes, cast downward as a fake-fake finger curls, and twirls her white-white hair.

Alice listens with half an ear as the vaping blond admits her connection to the Movement. Then her mind is filled with thoughts of the blond monster presenting herself to Court for acknowledgement, as her eyes catch the movement of the only other Nosferatu in the Domain, stepping away with the beautiful pale women, the Seneschal, made her want to face-palm. She'd come to court for much the same reasons.

"Whip Gilroy?" speaking to him as a prominent member of their Clan. His title changing as she promised. "Speaking of Acknowledgement, I am a new arrival to the Domain, and to my knowledge Priscus Marlon is Priscus no longer, and will be unable to formally Acknowledge me. At least until his business with the Seneschal is concluded...." Alice's voice trails off, though her expression is hopeful, her smile - weird.awkward.forced - just as fake as she. Her fake-forced smile holds a moment before it shifts a thoughtful frown crossing her porcelain features. "I've not actually given much thought to joining a Covenant, I've been on my lonesome for a long, long time...though not as long to most here I would think...it's strange it think that I would have that option now..." She knows about the differences of the various Covenants in theory. Rumors and hearsay...but she'd never spoken to actual Covenant members, about their Covenants and as a Nosferatu she's open to giving each Covenant to speak their piece, and maybe one might...fit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread