Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

The... Man in Black? Evelynn didn't know who that was, but she certainly didn't like the sound of him. She had to lean over to see what Becs was writing, but once she did, she shook her head, as if in agreement with the "No no" written at the end of her message.

She didn't like the idea of this guy wandering around, taking pets. Maybe he was practicing so he could start taking children instead. As much as she feared the idea of confronting him and having him take her back to the Keeper, she couldn't just sit around and do nothing out of fear when he might be taking others, too. She was simply not that kind of person.

"So, um, just here and Oakland? Ever hear of him doing this stuff anywhere else?" Maybe there was a pattern. Even if she said she hadn't heard of more activities, that didn't mean they hadn't happened - just that Becs wasn't present if they had. She made a mental note to check the internet for reports of more such activities once breakfast was over.

2. Likes liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

With a pen in her hand Hank watched the woman write, listening to what she had to say. "Funny since I don't think he actually ever served time there, but he sure made a mark with that concert there." Hank was obviously a Johnny Cash fan. It just made sense.

Looking down at the note it was clear what the bushes were. A wave of anger rushed under his skin. Maybe he would actually get to take out some frustration on one of them for once. "You know when he came here?" At least it sounded that, like obscenity, they'd know him when they saw him.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi waited until the others finished looking at the napkin, before she pulled it closer so that she could try to decipher the chimera's writing. After she did, the petite elemental frowned. This was definitely not good. It brought to mind budding psychopaths-serial killers and the like. Starting with animals, perfecting their craft until they worked their way up the food chain. Until they got to humans. This Man in Black needed to be stopped before he started on people.

Mhairi knew that if she stood by and let that happen, she wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Mhairi's fell-flame eyes glanced at Evelynn "Ah-patterns?" she asks, hoping the inventor's mind was drifting along that vein. "Ah-finding where he'd-ah been. And-ah where's he's-ah going...." she trailed off, pushing the napkin back in front of Beccs. "Alex? Uh-you know records? And-ah news papers and stuff?" the elemental asks, "Would it be-ah possible to-ah find...a pattern?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Selena

Turning to the Elemental who she didn’t seem to get. “Uh, say what?”

Becc’s raised a brow at the Snowskin character. “Ya, hence the ‘you can still hear him’, ya know. Like it resonates there. Specially if you heard him sing there.” She didn’t elaborate further.

The Vagabond looked at Evelynn. “Did ya hear about that prize rare dog breed that went missing at a dog show in LA? Pretty damn sure it was this guy. He’s been making his way up this coast it seems. No one’s really pieced it together. I mean, c’mon, there’s oodles of missing pets. But those rare ones or foreign ones, eh, I’m positive it’s him.”

She scrawled on the napkin again. “I think it’s some poor Bush critters.” Tapping the writing she leaned back to see where the food was.

“And I think he came here a few weeks back. I noticed a poster on my way back from Folsom about then.”

"About patterns... well I think people need to get a license for them foreign pets, don't they?"

Alex Rivers

Just like that, Alex's most paranoid thoughts have become reality... He takes a while to process this.

"You wouldn't need a license for a rare breed of dog, at least not from the government. There are private associations that keep track of breeders and show dogs and so forth. You might need something more official if you're keeping wild animals as pets. Coyotes, wolves, whatever. And there's paperwork if you're importing animals of any kind from overseas. That's all something we might be able to research. Along with news reports about the thefts. But do you have any idea as to why this is happening? What's he doing with all the animals? Is this for his own sadistic games or is it for profit? Is he selling them to common criminals or is this, uh, more Organized crime?"

He hopes the emphasis on the second to last word makes his meaning clear...

M
    MrDream

A lot of chatter around the table, as his companions covered all the angles.

All the angles except if he was hunting bush critter pets, who was selling those bushcritters as pets?

Keith decided to mull the idea for a quieter time. He could bring it up as part of the investigation.

He kept his attention focused on their surroundings.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn licked her lips, fumbling through her bag to grab her phone. Only, with Alex's point about rare dogs not being registered, she paused, nodding. "That's true, but we'll have some registration for dangerous pets. Like big snakes and stuff. It's a place to start. Besides, we can check out the those breed associations and stuff. People who are into dogs enough to have a rare or valuable breed is probably the sort of person who'd join a dog club, right? And you'd think they'd tell the other members if their pet went missing, so maybe we could start there." Her tongue darted out from between her lips, her brow furrowing in an expression of deep thought. "Maybe there're some, um, internet chat rooms or forums or something about local dog clubs. Seems like a good place to start, see if we can find anything." Another pause, this one accompanied by a gasp as an idea struck her. "Hey! Maybe we can start one of our own! Like, set up some kind of mailing list or something concerning the missing pets! I'm sure lots of people would be happy to keep an eye out for a stolen pet, and then we'll have all these eyes looking out for them, and we'll get informed any time something comes up!"

9. Likes liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

As he listened and drank his coffee he nodded his head along, especially when Evelynn spoke. "I think your right. If someone from a dog show had their pet taken they wouldn't sit back quietly. We want to find a pattern we're gonna need to talk to some of the owners. And if they're still missing well, I suspect they aren't staying here." He said it with a tone that made it clear he meant they must have been taken into the Hedge. That seemed like the obvious answer to him.

Investigations weren't Hank's strong area per se, but would certainly do the best he could to look into it, especially if it involved the Hedge.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi sat, drumming her drippy fingers on the table as she listened to the others speak.

"So-ah-so...Evelynn, that-ah sounds good. Very good. I'm-ah not that great with computers, but-I-ah could look over comments and the like. I don't think....that-I-ah should be the one to talk-talk to owners and umm..." the elemental trails off, dragging Beccs note towards her.

'Bush critters? Hedge Beasts?' the elemental thought as she fished back out one of her other pens to write upon the napkin. 'Petnappings to make bush critters, or the pets are bush critters being stolen back?' to some her question might seem silly, but to Mhairi, it seemed pretty important.

"But-uh if...or...ah-when. When....we-ah find the pets...what then?" Mhairi asks, her fell-flame eyes darting between those at the table.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Selena

Beccs raised her hand and shook her head. “I’m not one of those internet types of folks. Confounded stuff always trips me up.”

Looking at Hank, she nodded. “You’re right, the dog show folks didn’t sit quiet like. Could be why the guy fled to another town.”

The vagabond leaned forward, tapping Mhairi’s napkin. She verbally added. “Yup, I think you’re right there.” Her fingers making an invisible line under the second part of the sentence.

Beccs shrugged with some half confusion. “Hell if I know. Probably return them?”

“Say uh.” Reaching up and scratching her head. “Ya know, that Sally seems to know one of those folks or a few. Maybe ya’ll could pay one of them a visit?”

“I would have done it myself but… well, look at me.” Pulling up on her coat indicating how shabby her clothes were. “They’d probably think I was just in there to steal.”

Woah, sorry guys. Thought I was still waiting for someone lol

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.