Asa stood on the observation deck of the Wells Fargo Center, deserted at this time of night. A few bribes here, a look there. He licked his lips, getting the last of the sticky-sweet gift of his impromptu dinner companion. He'd have to remember Il Fornaio was a nice late night location.

He looked out into the city, taking in the view, as he waited for Arnold's arrival in response to Olivette's invitation.

Arnold emerges out onto the observation deck, taking in the scene of night-time Sacramento laid out before him. The Capital building there, the Tower Bridge to the north.

He walks to where the lone figure on the deck is standing, and greets him. "Hello, Asa. You asked to see me?"

He seems only slightly on edge. Their last meeting had not been all business and no pleasure, and unfortunately the month had not yielded as much progress as he had hoped would happen following that night.

"Good evening, Arnold," Asa replied. He gestured out to a lit building. "I've heard you've been inquiring about the Monte Cristo. I like that. A commitment... an investment in the city... The last time we spoke, you spoke of moving on someday." Asa fell silent, waiting to see if Arnold had anything to say.

Arnold's eyes fall upon that lit building, recognizing it as one he'd viewed many times before. It was close now.

He looks at Asa and replies "I did, in a way. Remember the context I used, though? Forever is a very long time. I foresee myself residing here for quite a while. Long enough to invest, as you've correctly stated. I am no wanderer. I find a place that suits me and commit myself."

Arnold considers Asa. He was, of course, correct in what he had heard though he had not spoken of it around him. The man always seemed to know so much.

Asa nodded. "I also like that you're not a petty man, Arnold. Some might have taken offense at my choices when I left the Invictus -- but you have supported the Judex. Were you disappointed?" Asa continued to look out at the city, curious to see how Arnold answered, also still curious about the appearance of Arnold in the dream-world.

Arnold shrugs, speaking honestly "I was, but I had anticipated your decision. Twist is wise, experienced in politics, and will arbitrate well."

She will also give you a hand-hold on Invictus matters, even while you exist outside of the Covenant.

"I am not ungrateful. Your honoring me that night with the title of Lord and your endorsement has granted me enough power. It's up to me, now."

"You've done more for the city, and my rule, than for the Invictus," Asa replied, looking at Arnold with an arched eyebrow. He turned back out to the city and pointed at two ribbons of light. "From the Rack, between Highways 50 and 99," he defined what he was pointing to. "You will be Regent of this tenurial domain. Do you understand what this means?"

Asa didn't bother to ask Arnold to swear fealty, such a thing would be insulting to someone who had proven himself. Nor did he ask if Arnold could handle a domain and maintain his duties as Reeve; if he could not, he would say so.

Arnold's eyes take in the area Asa points out. Granite Park, the train-yards. A fair amount of residential area, but with its fair share of commerce - including the Monte Cristo hotel there just east of 99.

He doesn't take any time in responding. Turning to Asa he nods "I understand. I humbly and gratefully accept the Regency as offered."

"As long as you Keep my Laws, you are free to make your own. Who may or may not enter, Feed..." Asa said, perhaps unnecessarily. "I will announce this at the next Court, so it would be a good time to inform the Court of any restrictions, or even appoint a Hound. Your Hound will, of course, answer to mine ultimately."

Perhaps Jackson has extensive subinfeudation. Sacramento never has. New York did, but that was quite above neonate Asa's head.

"No questions?" Asa asked, with a small smile.

Arnold smiles lightly as the prospect and its possibilities goes through his head. He shakes his head "It sounds simple enough, and I'm familiar with how these things are done. If I have any questions I'm sure I'll have no trouble asking you."

It will be interesting to see at Court who else may have been granted domains.

Arnold bows his head "Thank you, your Majesty. You won't regret this, I assure you."

With his experience as an Archon, in some ways Arnold understands more than I do about Princedoms.

"I have no doubt," Asa replied seriously... then smiled. "You might want to give some thought to how to refer to your domain. I'm not terribly imaginative, and Arnoldville has a certain... lack of dignity." Asa turned serious again. "One other thing. I suspect there is a Kallisti within my Domain, but I have nothing concrete to go on. Keep your eyes open, please."

Arnold chuckles at Asa's little joke, but stopped when the Prince turned to more serious business "A Kallisti? I'll be vigilant. Anything I should particularly pay attention for? What is it that has your suspicions raised, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Pay attention to how people treat each other," Asa said, seriously. "And even to how you look at people. The Kallisti... warp... how people view one another," he explained, and a touch of something flickered across his eyes.

"I received a message anonymously: 'Remember GM'. The only person I know of with those initials is the former Prefect, Gabriel Marcus, who was himself a Kallisti. One I hunted down for Breaching the Masquerade, and whom the Sheriff ultimately brought in for justice."

Asa smiled slightly.

"I believe that was your first Court? When Gabriel was... sentenced."

"Not the first Kindred I've seen put to the torch..." Arnold replies

I've even hosted a few bonfires myself he thinks

"...Still, I don't think I'll forget my first Court in Sacramento. I do remember the name Marcus. Alright, I will pay attention as you say."

"If you don't mind, what are your thoughts on that dream we all shared? I took something away from it, myself. A mystical thing inside me that mimics the Blood and yet is even more potent."

"I, and the Harpy, as well," Asa confirmed. "I don't know, Arnold. I've never heard of anything like it. I do think it's important that those of us who were there 'keep tabs' on one another. If the dream was a prophetic metaphor, then deviation may bring ruin. What are your thoughts? Have you spoken to Obsidian about it, or has she had any result from her... Vinculum to O-Yama?"

Arnold shakes his head "I have a meeting coming up with Obsidian soon to discuss the matter, among other things. I do agree on the 'keeping tabs' opinion. I'd especially like to know that that Brood member is up to tonight."

"I'm grateful for the boon I awoke with, but I don't think I'd like to have another dream like that."
He smiles "Perhaps next time I'll remember to bring my axe, though I'll have to thank O-Yama for letting me borrow the sword, when I see him."

I had an axe... once.

"I'm looking into the names he gave me... Archer, and Winslow. Perhaps they'll prove to be of some use. I'm still not sure what part the Brood is meant to play. Were other Princes in the region to hear we tolerated, or colluded with, Brood..." Asa left the rest unsaid. Few Princes, or their cities, could withstand the combined might of several.

"Please also convey my appreciation to Knight Pia," Asa said, changing the subject slightly. "Obviously there is no question of her right to the Title of Meister of Arms," he chuckled.

Arnold nods in agreement "I will let her know."

In their talks of the Brood Arnold frowns "We do not tolerate or collude with the Brood, your Majesty, except for in unpleasant dreams. That will be my policy, if I ever again see that particular Kindred."

"I'll let you know if talking to Obsidian reveals anything, and if I discover anything else. By the way, I did as you advised and interviewed Markos for Deputy. He claims his skills lie in information management. I decided to give him a shot."

Asa couldn't help but smile. "Excellent. This city loves her... less physical... Deputies, apparently. Although, I'd be lying to say I wouldn't prefer her to love this one a bit less than the last. Is there anything else, Regent Culler?"

Regent Culler... Has a nice sound to it

"No, your Majesty, thank you. I have much to see to, and dawn is ever approaching. I'll be in touch. Goodnight, Asa."

Arnold bows a little, and without further ado turns and leaves the observation deck to board the elevator.