Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Uh...is it okay for me to ask why the 'Hold had a not totally random dragon attack?" Mhairi asks slowly, caution lasing her voice. Then the elemental frowns, realizing that this might be a bad question. "But-ah if it'll bring up horrible flame-y memories of bad and badder feel free to smack me up side the head." Mhairi rushes through, then nods once to show her seriousness about her maybe-possibly smack to the head.

"So uh...is Winter on top of the spy stuff? Information whateverness, like getting the word out within the 'Hold or is it more of a hoarding knowledge thing? Because I was not the only person who did not know about the fraking dragon!"

Mhairi smiles brightly when she gets a laugh out of the women across from her. Laughing and smiling was a good thing. Even though they're both of the Court of Fear, laughing and smiling was still good.

Mhairi wants to make a home here. She really, really does, and with the thought of home ringing through her mind, she closes her eyes. Awash in memory. "When I got Out. Out, Out. I found my Fetch. She'd left The Family to start her own. I know it's childish, and stupid, but I'm responsible for her face - and the rest of her - meeting a moving bus. She had two kids, a dog, white picket fence, and a stiff hubby. Ah- stiff as in boring not as in uh..." Mhairi’s hands flailed around her. She really needed to watch her word choices. First with the pie, and now with the stiff...sigh. "I went to me uncle-bio-uncle, he could set me up with papers, and stuff like that. It’d been twenty years, I put on a blond wig, and prayed he wouldn’t recognize me." Mhairi brings her hands back to the water bottle in front of her. "I just...didn’t think he’d uh...be a man of liquid quicksilver." she admits in a small voice. "It’s something in the genetics. I guess. Or we have the worst fucking luck in the universe. Me and him and-" she frowns, curling tighter into herself, "Mom." she says whisper soft. "inside her coffin it’s just bark, and leaves, buttons and springs. You know...fetch-stuff." her voice cuts off, she brings the backs of her hands to rub at her cheeks, wiping away the spilt tears. "Sorry." her voice quavered. "I-I didn’t mean to-to-you can just forget about me here. This is a party you can go have fun." she said forcing a smile, grasping the water bottle. "I’ll just be here. With the water. Thank you for the water." she finishes nearly hugging the bottle to her chest.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Saeyer

Ava shook her head, fiddling with the mixing straw in her drink. "It's fine to ask, but honestly our understanding of what he wants is hazy at best. His kind don't really need a reason to breeze in and fuck stuff up." It wasn't a satisfying response, but it wasn't a satisfying situation. "Winter is pretty good for information, but the dragon is a bit of a sore subject. And, we don't always pass information as effortlessly as a person might like. A certain amount of that comes from legitimate concern for who might be listening." So many Lost passed through the Freehold events, it wouldn't be hard to imagine there could be a Privateer or three in the mix on occasion.

She listened quietly as Mhairi spoke about her fetch and her family, leaning in as the other woman's voice got softer and softer. It made her wonder about her own, several hundred miles away, faces she hadn't seen since she'd been back. If she visited, would there be an unfamiliar face among them? In some ways it might make things easier, but mostly so much worse. A moment of resting silence followed after the Elemental offered her a way out of the conversation, and the Nix remained seated. "I'm sorry about your mother and your uncle. Those must have been difficult discoveries to make." She refrained from asking why her mother's coffin had been opened in the first place. "And I'm sorry that any of this happened to you at all. There's no good reason, genetic, luck, or otherwise. Unless you'd like to be alone," she continued gently, "I'll stay. We can just sit."

She'd already had her dance and her conversations, seen the person she was mostly there to see. And, there was no way she was walking away from this girl, even if they hardly knew each other and there was nothing really to be done.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Hmm..true enough." Mhairi murmurs, "Well...hmm...paranoia is a way of life. Keeping it I mean. But we still need to temper it with...not paranoia, if not, that's the way to completely crazyvill. It's just...I wish I knew about the dragon before planning on moving and living here." the elemental flashes the other women another crooked smile. "But even with a dragon and his creepy-weird followers, I'm not making any plans on picking up and leaving any time soon."

Mhairi realized only after she started hugging her water bottle, that normal people didn't dig up a relative's grave. With a watery-weak smile, she offers the only explanation she has. "My uncle's a paranoid bastard. Then he was Taken, it only got worse. Especially since he came back a mirrorskin, whisperwisp. He said that mom was off...so when she passed...he wanted to find a body...not...." Mahiri trails off, then smiles, at the Nix's words, and that she freely offered her support. "I've been alone for a long, long time. That's why I came to a Freehold, but even then sometimes you can be alone in a room full of people. So thank you. For staying. Really, really thank you." Mhairi whispers, sincere gratitude shining through her quiet voice.

S
    Saeyer

Maybe the question about Mhairi's mother's grave had read on her face, one way or another, but Ava was glad to have the explanation. It certainly made more sense than the stories she had been haphazardly concocting in the back of her brain. "You're welcome," she responded softly, a kind smile crinkling the faint crow's feet around her eyes.

But, was a gesture less kind if the person knew they were being kind? There was real sympathy in her, and empathy too, but it was impossible to tune out the calculating voice that was pleased with how this had gone. Pleased, that if things ever went seriously wrong for her, there would be one more person with a concrete memory to point to and say, no, not her. It made her a little ill, to sit there with such sincerity beside her and know that her own intentions were murkier. She really did just come over to introduce herself, and everything she'd said had been sincere, but just the fact that she had even had that thought tainted it.

Still, there was really nothing to do but stay.

"You won't need to worry about being alone as much, anymore. Especially not at Edna's. How much did they tell you about it?"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi's next smile is stronger. She'd wiped her tears, and smiled, wishing she knew the kind women who stayed better. She kinda wanted a hug. Give her a hug. Get a hug. Mhairi's a hugger, and it's been far to long since she's had one. She didn't like dwelling, she didn't want to dwell on her not so distant unpleasant past...the thoughts that neither her, nor her uncle have found her mother, only the broken remains of a fetch left behind.

Ava's question brings her farther away from her unpleasant thought, looking toward the immediate future. "Ah-I only know that Edna's is a boarding house, where it is...kinda, and that it's owned and operated by our Lady Queen, Betony Rue." she says her eyes crossing, as she tried to remember more. "And that it's uber creepy because Autumn and Fear and yeah..."

S
    Saeyer

"She prefers Ms. Jasons to Queen or Sovereign, and she doesn't like when people bow," Ava confided with a crooked smile; the memory of her first meeting with her sovereign was a vivid one, and at least someone would be able to benefit from her mistakes. "The boarding house's reputation for being creepy has a lot to do with a few murders," a few murders sounded better than a dozen dead bodies, right?, "That took place several years ago, before Ms. Jasons was running it. No one has died there since." Probably.

"A lot of people pass through there, and I know at least Peps is staying there right now as well... and Virgil, but he's not here. Peps is the Summer with the lazy eye," she said diplomatically, "And Virgil will be easy to recognize, he's a skeleton. Autumn, like us." Peps and Virgil as house-mates didn't really seem like the most fun a person could have, with the start they had gotten off to, but at the very least they were Lost.

"We have a communal Hollow out back, too, which I'm sure you'll get a tour of at some point." It may be a lot to take in at once, but that seemed to be better than dwelling.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

'But don't queen-y types like the bowing?' Mhairi silently asks titling her head to the side, 'Not all queens want to be queens.' she then reasons with a shrug.

"Right-o! It'll be yes ma'ams and Ms Jasons from me!" Mahiri chirps mocking salute, "Ack!" the elemental sputters, her eyes wide as she realizes that the motion of her wrist was too sharp, and that her stupid drippy fingernails were still stupid and dripping. 'Come on magical flame-y burnyness, burn it up before it spatters where it really should not spatter!' the elemental prays mentally. Letting out a released breath when her prayers were answered. She brought a hand to her heart, "Hah...hah...hah." the sounds she makes coincide with her heavy breathing. For a moment nothing happens, then Mhairi's head hits the table with a painful 'thunk'.

She groans when she brings her head back up, rubbing her forehead. She smiles a bit sheepishly. "Sorry. I-ah forget sometimes...that uh..." she trails off, wriggling her fingers.

"Peps a Summer, and an Autumn who is a skeleton. Got it. Err Virgil, the Autumn skeleton. Are both there. Not right now probably, but are staying there. I guess I'll meet them soonish...?" Mhairi trails off, "But awesome, Hollow. Woot Woot. Eventually it will be seen." Mhairi might be over doing it, trying not to be a sad lump of girl, but she's grateful that her fellow Autumn is trying to take her mind off things.

S
    Saeyer

Ava leaned back slightly as drips flew from Mhairi's salute, eyebrows shooting up in surprise. It was a great relief when the spatter burned up on the air, though it took her a moment to fully relax; at least it had shocked both of them. Settling back to where she had been Ava she shook her head. "Don't worry about it. Must make eating with your hands complicated." Or not, if the liquid silver vanished as quickly as it seemed to, but it had probably taken some getting used to. Maybe still would.

"Yeah, Peps and Virgil. Other folks come through pretty often as well; Morgan," she nodded toward the Steepscrambler at the bar, "And Green," another nod toward the large, mountainous Winter, "Stop by once in awhile. I do too; a lot of us pitch in around there."

"The Hollow will keep," she added with a small smile, maybe a slight acknowledgement of how hard Mhairi is trying. "You'll see everything eventually, just settling in and looking around may end up being more important."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Oh my gods! You have no idea!" Mhair groans. "My favorite foods are the game day ones, even though I don't like sports. The wings, and natchos, stuff like that. It's icky to think about eating with my fingers when..." the elemental wriggles her fingers once more. "So...do you think gloves would work to cover my uh-" another wriggle. "Or would they have to be hedgespun or something?"

Mhairi looks towards the changeling Ava directs her too, "Umm Morgan...with the uh-a raccoon mask?" Mhairi asks after she caught sight of the steepscrambler's wide eyes "Holy moley! Green's uhh...mighty tall." she said a bit dully as she took in the sight of the mountain of a man.

Mhairi smiles, the first one not quite as forced as the others, people just stopping by to help. The thought that this 'Hold is a real community warms her in a way that her own fires couldn't touch.

"That is very true...it's not like it's mobile. It's not right?" her eyes cross, imagining herself trying to find the mobile hollow, and it leading her on a merry chase, that would coincidentally make the chase a tour of the 'Hold. Mhairi closes her eyes, rubbing them with the back of her head trying to remove the silly thoughts. "I am planning to stay, so me seeing everything eventually sounds about right." a light smile follows, "So I'll just see what happens!"

S
    Saeyer

"I think normal gloves would work, though hedgespun would certainly be more attractive. Still hard to eat with, though." It was hard to imagine sticking a hand gloved in hedgespun into a plate of nachos.

Catching Daniel's wave, Ava returned it with a smile. It was good to have him back in town, even if he didn't want to discuss why he had been away. "Sounds like a solid plan," she said, eyes locking back onto Mhairi. "And, if you're ever in need of a good book, let me know; I work at a book store, I can keep an eye out." It wasn't an advertisement, but it was a gentle probe; sometimes what people read was interesting, a little telling. And sometimes, not.

It was beginning to feel like the evening was winding down, but Ava was in no rush, still a little left in her drink and plenty of people left in the room. But if one of the few Winters was departing their own seasonal event, it felt like a sign.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread