Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Might as well dress nice if you're going to eat good steak. Also a good way to stay up on how to eat delicious food without any falling on the clothes. Much better to screw up here than back home with family.

A solid hefenwiezen sits cold next to Arthur's hands as he waits for Miach. Way to drop the ball self, good job. Hopefully he's still interested.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Miach

PRE

Even though it was hard to find as good meat in the River City as in Argentina, Miach wasn't one to let that slow him down when it came to eating, and he looked forward to trying that place. The Acanthus was dressed pretty well too, and headed straight for Arthur as soon as he spotted the Herald.

Sitting in front of the Obrimos, he smiled at the sight of the beer. "Good evening, Arthur. No wine tonight ? You would recommend that beer instead ?" he asked as a manner of greeting.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

A glimmer of regret flash across Arthur's face before he shakes his head. "Not in the mood for wine, beer is an anytime drink." Which may be too much information but too late now. "Sorry" The grin appears but clearly Arthur's not fully behind it.

"Good evening to you as well. I'm sure they have a good wine selection here. Thank you for coming out after I dropped the ball months ago."

Miach

PRE

Arthur's behaviour was not lost on the Enchanter, and he wondered what to make of it. Inquiring might be rude, but he didn't want to turn a cold shoulder on the man either. "Don't." was all he answered when the Obrimos replied he was sorry. Perhaps his voice was trailing off the slightest bit, an unspoken invitation to linger on the topic.

Or perhaps not, as the mystagogue then went on as if he hadn't noticed a thing. "No problem. We all have busy life. I know I do ! So I can understand having to rearrange schedules on short notice." though being proficient with Fate and Time had perks in that respect.

"So perhaps I should be the one thanking you for calling me. Because I'm still interested in the job. Or I think I do. You'd have to tell me more about it, though..." straight to the point.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sad smile spreads. "Ahh, that's one of the reasons I got back to you. It requires staying on top of the local goings-on. Something I've been failing at for some time now. And a fair share of being the diplomat when people get argumentative." Arthur looks past Miach for a few moments before looking back.

"Ok, to be up front with you. I want to hand over the job, maybe get two people back on it again to keep one person from going crazy." A thought forms and is almost spoken. Instead Arthur takes a long sip of his beer.

Miach

PRE

"I can see how that could be too much for a man. As the Sigilholder of Steel Phoenix, as well as the current Curator, I have an easy access to a lot of our members, meaning that I can probably help with staying on top of the local goings-on without stretching myself too thin." Miach replied, thinking and speaking at the same time. That part seemed easy. As was greeting the newcomers. Being the diplomat might be harder at times, though.

"But are you saying you want to resign ?" he asked as diplomatically as he could, surprised at the idea. Thankfully a sip of his own helped hide his own facial expression, at least a bit.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Even said diplomatically the word resign causes Arthur to flinch. To fail is terrible. The Theurgist takes in and lets out a slow breath.

"Yes, I do." A pause. "Want to resign." A nod of his head follows. Don't be a Lion, Don't be a Lion.

"Between an established member of our community like yourself, and a newer member. I imagine the duties would be easier to spread. I'd suggest a newer member as well to get them involved and to avoid worries of anyone being entrenched." A swig of hefenwiezen helps wash down the failing. "Unless there's a thing for that."

Miach

PRE

A silence followed the Obrimos's statement. Miach hadn't meant to be rude, even if he had feared he might. "I don't see why you would do that, but I don't want to pry..." he said first, trying to reassure the man about his intentions. And his appreciation.

"I trust your assessment that the Herald's duty could be perfectly spread between me and someone else. But since you've got a headstart on this, is there anyone you'd care to nominate ? And also, what does the Hierarch think about all this ?" because ultimately being a Herald means speaking for someone, so knowing that someone's opinion could be useful....

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I've..done it for long enough and have not been fulfilling all of the duties. Which I realized recently and" Another sip of hefenwiezen and Arthur looks at the table. Then looks up to the Curator. "I'd just rather see people who are doing it right do it right than flail about. Especially with how things are and the need to join together."

"Hmm V or F of your crew I think? Both seem to be level headed enough. Though depends on what complimenting personality you'd want? Although that would double stack you..but there aren't a lot of of choices?" Opps definitely didn't think that part out.

Miach

PRE

"I don't know if I could hope to do better than you did, honestly. Because I know you're underestimating yourself." Miach said, trying to lift up the Obrimos's morale. It wasn't what he had come for, but he wouldn't see one of them like without at least trying.

Hearing Arthur's suggestion of names, the mystagogue paused. "I don't want people to think we're playing favorites..." he mumbled, but as he reviewed the Consilium's ranks in his mind, he knew the current Herald to be right. "Hmm... V seems to be more of a peoplesperson, perhaps.

But again, what about the Hierarch ? What's his position about this ?"
    because it could be futile to ask if he would not grant him that position.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread