DISPLAYED
(Open) Coffee Drinkers at Dusk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Harsh lights play up the gathering gloom as it takes hold of the street outside, washing the street in rich blues, black and orange. The sky is grey, but whether that is the sky's colour that evening or the work of refraction through the thick window pane, Crowley does not know.

He is squeezed into a corner booth, surrounded by people. They press on him from the street beyond the window pane as rush hour picks up speed; they clamour for attention within the coffee shop as the drones seek their shot of caffeine for the journey home or in joyous liberation from the drudgery of the office. Crowley, a musician, is not beholden to the Lie like they are.

He is Free... to hammer a tune to the brutal lyrics that have burst upon him. At least the frantic drones provide him the nourishment and energy he needs to continue his inner struggle. Humans are like that - they make the universe chime by their very passing; magickal beings that they are. If only they knew how luminous they ALL could be...

He scribbling on his notepad again, getting dangerously low on paper.

Maybe he should pinch some napkins.

For the moment, the big cup of coffee stands alone and ignored.

Cast at home, earlier that day

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She once again found herself wandering the somewhat familiar streets of Sacramento, getting reacquainted one could say. This evening she was dressed in jeans with a few holes in the legs and a loose fitting t-shirt. Knee high boots fit over her jeans, and her hair was unkempt. A little bit of lipstick gave her lips some color.

And while some girls could always find a mall, Faye had a sense for finding coffee shops. Maybe it was that whole dependency on the stuff.

Walking in, she was surprised to find a lot of people looking for their fix as well. Making her way to the counter, the Enchantress orders her usual, Café Americano, extra shots, hold the cream and sugar. She also grabbed a couple tasty looking pastry’s they were selling.

Drink in hand, she turns and was pleasantly surprised to see a fellow Awakened. Getting closer, a wide smile appears as she sees none other than Crowley!

“My, you look so deep in thought!” she says playfully with a grin. “Care for some company that comes bearing yummy treats?” she asks holding up the plate.

Cast Earlier

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Huh? Eh... oh! Yeah! Hi!"

Crowley muttered as he struggled to shift his attention from his notes to the beauty who was sitting across from him. He scooped up his notes, dropping his notepad in the process. He banged his head retrieving it.

Reappearing from beneath the table, he beamed across to Faye, his face lighting up.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye’s face light up in amusement watching him. When the notebook fell and his head hit the table, she winced before chuckling.

Sliding the pasty’s toward him, she shakes her head, “You ok?” she asks with a smile. Her fingers pull apart one of the treats, popping the piece in her mouth.

“How’ve things been going?”

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Ow. Yeah. Uhm. Fine."

Fingers gingerly search for a lump while his eyes drop to the treats Faye has just presented.

"Slow. Quiet." A pause. "Not quiet. Ah. Picking up, sorta. Working old contacts - and new ones! - in the industry. Some people seem to think I'm like the old man of the mountain. Heh. Yeah... Wait! Thats bad!"

His mouth dropped open in mock shock. Quickly, he moves on: "Oh yeah! And I'm working on new material. Call me inspired!"

He spies coffee. His coffee.

"And you?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A careful sip was taken of her hot coffee as she listened to him,

“That is so exciting! It must be an amazing feel to get inspired and create art.” She considered music art, screw what anybody else thought.

“Maybe it isn’t bad. Like, lets say the old man, just a term,” she clarified, not knowing how old he was, “but is used to refer to someone with expertise in the industry.” It was just an idea she threw out there. “Which def isn’t a bad thing. Younger people look to those with the experience for guidance and how to get their profession of the ground. Well, least that’s how I think it is.” She shrugs.

“Me? Been busy getting a new apartment ready to live in, and of course practicing when I can. Got a few new acts that I need to perfect. But so goes life for us performers right?” she grins before picking another piece of pasty.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

The coffee is going cold. A grimace folds out across his face before he can think.

"Heh. Guide. Me! A guide! Hey maybe I can work with that..."

Grimace melts into something more thoughtful.

"Oh yeah. Definitely." He drank from his tepid cup, this time with less of a face. "Got any shows lined up yet?" The interest was genuine.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She beams, “There you go! Plus, some of these younger musicians need the guidance. Music isn’t what it used to be.” She liked a wide variety of music, but some of the new stuff was just terrible.

Shaking her head, “Not yet. Been more focused on getting another place to live and then I’ll get back to putting a show together. Though I have gotten a few calls for private shows, so at least I’ll have something to keep me busy.” Plus it was money, and having money was always a good thing. “I think once I get my new stuff perfected I’ll be ready to do a show in the park or something. And tattoo conventions are coming up, so I have that to look forward to.” Suspension was a huge hit at those conventions.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Oh." His face fell slightly.

"Tattoo conventions, huh?" His face brightened. "I'll have to keep my ear to the ground for that one."

His eyes lingered on the riveting woman's face before sliding off and looking out across the bustling street. Then back at the table with his coffee and his messy notes.

"Meh. Time is running away again. You need a lift? The old boarding house is a little too quiet right now."

Coming up to the month mark. Did you want to wrap?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow raised in curiosity, "But that's not to say you wouldn't be welcome to stop by sometime when I'm practicing." she offers. "Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes see things I should change or something." it was true.

"Oh, they are the best! So many interesting and fun people, so full of energy! Plus, you get to walk around with your tats out and no one bats an eye. And sometimes a good place to find work." she had been around people who sneered when seeing tattoos, was annoying actually.

"Sure, thanks!" she says with a smile.

Sounds good, sorry for the delays:/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread