Jayant arrived at Avalon and found a discrete way in. For some reason, Jayant had found that he didn't stand out in a crowd, and he had used it to his advantage on many occasions. Not usually one for clubs and bars, he had been coming to them quite a bit of late, usually to find one of his own to meet with. This time, it was Reeve Culler, the Nosferatu Priscus whom he fought side-by-side with while hunting Bethem. He hopes to make the most of that relationship now. With a polite knock at the Reeve's office, he waits outside, hands clasped to his back.

The Reeve's voice is heard within, bidding the knocker to enter. When Jayant opens the door and comes inside he finds the Reeve removing his coat and placing it on a rack beside the desk. Arnold looks over and sees that Jayant has come to see him. "Ah, hello Jayant. I hope this evening finds you well." He walks over to his desk and sits down behind it, gesturing that Jayant take the seat opposite.

Jayant follows Arnold's lead with a genuine smile, taking a seat as offered. "It does, thank you sir. And yourself? I hope I haven't kept you from anything important."

"I'm doing well enough, and no you're not keeping me." Arnold returns the smile, albeit a bit more slightly "So you wished to discuss something with me?"

Straight to business. "Yes, a couple of matters. The first concerning the worm-creatures that a few of us faced in the shared....dream, whatever it was. Ishani, along with Obsidian, Aesop and myself were faced by one that materialised before us, causing us to retreat. I have returned since and it has left the old Crone temple; where to is beyond me. Nevertheless, immediately after, I went to the Hierophant whom conducted a ritual to gleam as much information as she could. What she found was that as these things crave our vitae, direct uses of the blood may be used as a direct weapon against them." Jayant goes silent to gauge Arnold's reaction; the Mekhet wasn't the most eloquent individual at times and his words could be confusing.

Arnold nods, remembering quite well the monsters they had faced together in the dream. "I am interested in learning more about these creatures, in the interest of solving this issue. Unfortunately, I don't personally have the time to allocate to the task. I do, however, have every intention of deputizing Obsidian. I believe I will place her in charge of my office's investigation into these events, as she already has some experience - if what you say is true."

Jayant nods in understanding. "I shall endeavour to help her to the best of my capabilities. However, this leads onto other matters, non other than the disappearance of O-Yama. The Mother of Monsters' ritual also brought up information in his potential whereabouts, information that I was asked to pass onto Priscus Ishani." Before he was accused of anything untoward, Jayant swiftly added, "It was in written form and I did not read the note myself. Needless to say, I believe Priscus Naetesh found it very helpful."

Arnold's thin eyebrows raise. This was news to him. "Oh? I shall have to speak to the Hierophant myself, then, as I have not yet been informed of this information. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Jayant."

"Only doing my duty, sir. I am eager to find the samurai and wreak as much vengeance as inhumanly possible on those responsible." His voice is, as ever, calm. Yet there is a darkness in his eyes that is must be a trick of the light. It is gone in a flash. "Speaking of O-Yama, I was wondering if you were at all approached by him regarding a coterie of warriors?"

Arnold nods "Yes. The Grim Hands. It is something O-Yama has been speaking of for many nights, prior to his disappearance. I had even shown interest in joining, before the Lost Nights. As Reeve, I will not personally be throwing my hat in with this coterie. However, I do believe that the formation of such a coterie from the loyal and powerful warriors of Sacramento would be a good thing, indeed."

And another one bites the dust. Jayant looks despondent. "Again, I understand. I apologize for my demeanour in this matter; when Prince Clarke mentioned it at Court, I took it as a mission to complete. It seems to be proving harder than I first expected. Apparently, I am better suited as a grunt than a recruiter," he finishes with a dry chuckle. "Perhaps I may post a notice in Elysia? Would that be against protocol?"

Arnold shakes his head "It would be against protocol. The Prince has deemed that Elysia postings are to be official business only. I am sorry, Jayant. I believe O-Yama himself already knew of my stance toward the coterie. You may consider speaking to the Hound. Konstantin, in this case. I know that he has always professed interest in this venture."

"Yes, Konstantin and Ishani have already agreed to this venture. I have yet to approach Twist and Headstrong, two other names whom were put forward. Lady Pia has written to me to say she also would not be able to join." Jayant sighs and looks around the office. No, this is not for me. He stands, slowly and without any sudden movements; Mother knows what Arnold would do to him if he thought him a threat. The Mekhet extends his hand. "Thank you for your time, Sir. I hope to work with you soon."

Arnold stands at the same time "Call me Arnold, Jayant, at least while we are among friends as we are now." He smiles reassuringly at Jayant "I wish you the best of luck in putting together this coterie, and know that you'll receive the backing of my office whenever you need it." He reaches out and takes Jayant's hand in a firm handshake "No thanks are in order. Keep me informed, yes?"

"Of course, Arnold." Jayant shakes the man's hand before departing the office, and the club. He would need to contact Konstantin and Ishani, so long as they were not busy.